Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Mlb Season Thread

1,012 posts in this topic

Why do hitters stand at the back of the batter's box against Derek Lowe? He's not gonna blow it by them if they move up and try to get at that sinker.

I don't know. I've always wondered that myself. Not just against Lowe but against any pitcher that relies as much on a sinker as guys like Lowe and Hudson do.

Well I'll say Carlos Pena is happy to be back in a Rays uniform. He just hit a solo homerun to give the Rays the lead 2-0 over the Yankees. He now has 2 homeruns and 7 RBIs in 2 games and 3 innings.

A wild game in Detroit. The Red Sox lead 9-7 in the 8th inning. Tigers scored 4 runs in the 1st inning and the Red Sox stormed back with 2 runs in the 2nd and 5 in the 3rd and the Tigers answered with 1 in the 2nd and 2 in the 4th to tie the game and the Red Sox got the lead back with 2 in the 6th. Clay Buchholz charged with 8 hits and 7 runs in 4 innings. Max Scherzer charged with 8 hits and 7 runs in 2 2/3 innings.

The Tigers ended up beating the Red Sox 13-12. The Red Sox at a 10-7 lead in the bottom of the 9th allowed the Tigers to tie the game then in extra innings they had a 12-10 lead and Alex Avila hit a walkoff jack!

Oh and one note on the Yankees being 0-3. Last time that happened was 1998. All they did that year was win 114 regular season games and 125 total games counting the playoffs in sweeping the Padres in the World Series.

Ozzie Guillen already finding himself in hot water over his comments about Fidel Castro and his apparent admiration for him. Seeing that he is in Miami now thats going to be a pretty big deal

Ozzie Guillen alreayd showing why he is a horses ***. He said one of the absolute worst things you could say given a large portion of your team's home population.

He is such an idiot.

The Giants beat the Rockies 7-0 today at Coors Field and Barry Zito tossed his 1st complete game shutout since 2003. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was the year he won 22 or 23 games and won the Cy Young.

Guillen suspended for five games. I will say though, I am not surprised he likes and admires a dictator. Seems to me he would like nothing more than to be a dictator himself. Garbage.