Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Mlb Season Thread

1,012 posts in this topic

Johan pitched well. Tip your hat and go on to the next game.

If you call the Braves swinging at everything in the dirt and popping up meatball pitches then sure he pitched great.

THURSDAY APRIL 5TH

Braves 0, Mets 1 - Final

WP: Ramon Ramirez (1-0)

LP: Tommy Hanson (0-1)

S: Frank Francisco (1)

Red Sox 2, Tigers 3 - Final

WP: Jose Valverde (1-0)

LP: Mark Melancon (0-1)

Phillies 1, Pirates 0 - Final

WP: Roy Halladay (1-0)

LP: Erik Bedard (0-1)

S: Jonathan Papelbon (1)

Nationals 2, Cubs 1 - Final

WP: Tyler Clippard (1-0)

LP: Carlos Marmol (0-1)

S: Brad Lidge (1)

Marlins 0, Reds 4 - Final

WP: Johnny Cueto (1-0)

LP: Mark Buehrle (0-1)

Blue Jays 7, Indians 4 - Final/16 Innings

WP: Luis Perez [1-0]

LP: Jairo Asencio [0-1]

Dodgers 5, Padres 3

WP: Josh Lindblom [1-0]

LP: Edinson Volquez [0-1]

S: Javy Guerra [1]

Carlos Pena made his name with the Rays. Rays let him walk to the Cubs last season. This season he's back with the Rays. First ab-bat back in a Rays uniform and boom he hits a Grand Slam off CC Sabathia. This was after a 2-out intentional walk to load the sacks to get to him and he made the Yankees pay!

I don't think people realize how much of a rivalry the Yankees/Rays has become. Over the last 24 games each team has won 12 of them. The Yankees have 4 1-run wins. Rays have 5. Yankees scored 105 runs, Rays 107. Yankees team batting average of .258, Rays .254. Yankees ERA of 4.18, Rays 4.16. Take in what happened in game 162 last season and this is a real rivalry now!

Does anyone know the last time the Royals season opener was on national tv? I know it's only because they're playing the Angels and the Angels got Pujols but still it's a national tv season opener.

Tonight is the first time I've gotten to see Bruce Chen pitch in quite a long time and he's been very impressive. Much better than I remember many moons ago for the Braves.

Good duel going on in Cleveland Ubaldo is perfect through 4 and Morrow has a no-hitter through 4

That game is now tied at 2 but each team only has 1 hit.

Sergio Santos blows the save against the Indians. Game is now tied at 3. It's not been a good start to the season for closers. Blown saves all over the place.

Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder have gone yard a combined 4 times today. Best 1, 2 punch in the history of baseball? I think you could make a strong case.