Marcus Mcneil Must Really Be Damaged Goods

VaderMan

Each team that has looked at him, has passed on him. He is not drawing much interest, and we didnt even shcedule him for a visit. In fact, Mcneil's agent lied about meeting us just to generate interest in his client. That says a lot to me, in fact it says enough. We dont need this guy, something is very wrong with him, somebody of that talent level that cant get anyone to sign let alone meet with him.

All we can do is hope Baker plays like he did earlier in his career if not better. Im not saying he was pro bowl caliber but he was solid. Smitty blames injuries for Bakers down fall. Hopefully he can turn his career around after a horrible year in which he was clearly our worst OL.

LT - Baker

LG - Blaylock

C - McClure

RG - Manuwai

RT - Clabo

Is it really that bad? My only concern (other than Baker) is Manuwai's health. I dont question his ability or skill...so if he is healthy...much like with "Lofa", we may just have a steal at those two roster spots.

So in summary, we need Baker to return to form, and Manuwai to just be healthy.

Good.....then we can sign him on the cheap and see what happens .....guy has a history of playing well injured, he played all of 2007 with broken hands and still made the Pro Bowl .......nothing ventured, nothing gained, worst thing that could happen we give him Reynolds roster spot ......

The market for him is cooling off big time. There are not many teams in desparate need of a starting LT. This is how it should go down.

The draft is a few weeks away. LT needy teams will draft one in the first round. The market will be completely dried up for McNeill.

McNeill will come to the realization that he's not going to get starting money from any team.

McNeill will lower his demands and start looking for a team where he can compete for a starting position.

Atlanta can swoop in and offer him a lowball contract with the incentive that he has an opportunity to earn the starting spot. Other teams might offer him more to be a backup, but the chance to start would be what he needs in order to make starting money next year.

McNeill will be forced to make a decision based on whether or not he thinks he's 100% healthy. If he is, he'll want to start and would take less for that opportunity knowing that he will get paid a LOT more in 2013 after he proves it. If he's not 100% healthy, he'll want the longer deal with more guaranteed money to be a backup.

problem is likely that McNeil doesnt want that.

Just because a team wants him 'on the cheap' doesnt mean he will take it.

If he gets inked cheap it wont be until preseason or camps.

If he's not willing to settle and wants a pro bowler's contract then I don't want him.

Because of Mike Smith and TDs offseason quotes about being "comfortable" with Baker. Considering his cap hit, would we keep him as a backup? It's got a lot of us worried.

I don't know whether or not Smith and TD are truly "comfortable" with Baker. If TD and Smith are trying to talk to a FA LT and the demands are too high, that quote is a message to the player and his agent. Or it could be that they really are comfortable with Baker. Coaches and GM's say a lot of things right before they do the opposite.

Guest Negatorris

I was beginning to think this too. The Eagles signed Bell, and the Falcons, knowing we needed a LT decided to stick with Baker and Svitek to fight for the starting position instead of bringing in McNeil. It's obvious there's a reason nobody is interested in him.

Edited by Undefendable

I'm going to repeat this as many times as possible so people will not forget.

SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT.

Jesus, what's so hard about this to understand?

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT. SVITEK WILL START, BAKER WILL NOT.

Try decaff or less meth.

Guest Negatorris

Knowing the Falcons, Baker will start.

Yes, Baker sux.

At least bring McNeill in for a workaround and see what he's got.

Maybe the Falcons FO and coaches believe Baker's confidence is too low.

Maybe they are afraid Baker's play will suffer if players are brought in to compete with him.

Maybe we won't draft any tackles in the draft because doing so would break Baker's spirit...rolleyes.gif