Obama Thinks People Will Ween Off Oil If Prices Are Sky High. Wrong Again.

Guest Deisel

Guest Deisel

Rising gas prices? Who cares? Georgians to travel more this summer, survey says

6:59 am April 4, 2012, by David Markiewicz

Planning to stay at home instead of traveling for vacation this summer?

If so, one reason may be surging gas prices.

But not everyone’s settling for another “staycation,” apparently.

According to a Georgia Credit Union Affiliates Consumer Survey, 63 percent of people who responded said they plan to spend more or the same amount on travel this year than they did in 2011.

That’s up from the 49 percent who said that they spent more or the same on travel in 2011 when compared to 2010.

Guest Deisel

I think it has more todo with the American attitude to do what the He.l we want to do regardless. The last 4 years have been a nightmare economically and the public is sick and tired of doing without. We also Hope, pray and believe salvation is near.

I think it has more todo with the American attitude to do what the He.l we want to do regardless. The last 4 years have been a nightmare economically and the public is sick and tired of doing without. We also Hope, pray and believe salvation is near.

You do realize public spending has been up the last 2 years right? And that the economy has GROWN over the last 2 years?

Of course you don't it does not fit your narrow and short view of how things actually are.

Guest Deisel

You do realize public spending has been up the last 2 years right? And that the economy has GROWN over the last 2 years?

Of course you don't it does not fit your narrow and short view of how things actually are.

A Look At GDP Growth Since Obama Took Office

Posted: July 30th, 2011 5:45 AM | Author: Henry D'Andrea

Here is the GDP growth under Obama:

2009 2nd Qtr: -0.7%

2009 3rd Qtr: 1.7%

2009 4th Qtr 3.8%

2010 1st Qtr: 3.9%

2010 2nd Qtr: 3.8%

2010 3rd Qtr: 2.5%

2010 4th Qtr: 2.3%

2011 1st Qtr: 0.4%

2011 2nd Qtr: 1.3%

Obama Now on Course to Preside Over the Worst Economic Growth Since Recordkeeping

Began

http://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/43-taxes-and-economy/1133-obama-now-on-course-to-preside-over-the-worst-economic-growth-since-recordkeeping-began

Yea, we're just booming with growth.

Yer but they will look at the GOP candidates and go...Oh well the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Honestly I think the GOP could win the election if they had a half strong candidate, but I do not see either Santorum or Romney being able to connect with many people outside of their base... Obama is 10000000x better at running for POTUS than they are.

A Look At GDP Growth Since Obama Took Office

Posted: July 30th, 2011 5:45 AM | Author: Henry D'Andrea

Here is the GDP growth under Obama:

2009 2nd Qtr: -0.7%

2009 3rd Qtr: 1.7%

2009 4th Qtr 3.8%

2010 1st Qtr: 3.9%

2010 2nd Qtr: 3.8%

2010 3rd Qtr: 2.5%

2010 4th Qtr: 2.3%

2011 1st Qtr: 0.4%

2011 2nd Qtr: 1.3%

Obama Now on Course to Preside Over the Worst Economic Growth Since Recordkeeping

Began

http://cfif.org/v/in...rdkeeping-began

Yea, we're just booming with growth.

You need to update your numbers:

2011 3rd quarter: 1.8%

2011 4th quarter: 3.0%

Plus, over 3 million jobs added to the economy over the past two months.

Guest Deisel

And ween off to go to what? The alternatives aren't beling allowed to market...

Really? I suppose all the corn we've been using isn't an attempt. I suppose the sugar fields in South America aren't being tried. I suppose the Billions in Solar, wind are feints to the right? I suppose the prospects of Nuclear operations is not being allowed(actually they aren't/EPA)? Alternatives are out there. You are over looking a ton of money thats being used to come up with alternatives, its just they aren't better suited then oil, coal and gas.

Really? I suppose all the corn we've been using isn't an attempt. I suppose the sugar fields in South America aren't being tried. I suppose the Billions in Solar, wind are feints to the right? I suppose the prospects of Nuclear operations is not being allowed(actually they aren't/EPA)? Alternatives are out there. You are over looking a ton of money thats being used to come up with alternatives, its just they aren't better suited then oil, coal and gas.

Dude... We have discussed this before... Oil companies are rackin in billions of dollars. they can afford to buy off Washington to keep anything else out of the picture.

Again, who the **** puts all their money for retirement in one stock? Diversify man, keep your options open. If we didn't fund NASA, we wouldn't have those nice memory foam mattresses and tons of other products today. If we invest in the infrustructure these things can work.