Matt Ryan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Matt Ryan thread. Even as one of Ryan's biggest supporters I'm getting sick of the Matt Ryan drama on this MB. I've finally learned that there is a group of us that love Ryan and support him and think he's going to continue to get better and then there is the group that doesn't like Ryan and don't support him and don't think he's going to get any better. No amount of videos, stats, facts, opinions or anything else is going to change either side's opinion.

When your teams biggest rival's QB is Drew Brees its not hard to see how some falcons fans would get "Envious" and expect more from Ryan I personally think he has potential but his stock is dropping fast at the start of last year it seemed to be at a all-time high with people like john clayton saying he could be the next brady...

Another Matt Ryan thread. Even as one of Ryan's biggest supporters I'm getting sick of the Matt Ryan drama on this MB. I've finally learned that there is a group of us that love Ryan and support him and think he's going to continue to get better and then there is the group that doesn't like Ryan and don't support him and don't think he's going to get any better. No amount of videos, stats, facts, opinions or anything else is going to change either side's opinion.

^^^ I couldn't agree more

Guest Gritz

.....and then there's a large group of us in the middle who don't love or hate Ryan. He's the Falcon QB so we support him.....we've seen a lot of things we like and we've seen some things we don't like.

I don't think many QBs outside of Eli Manning can do extraordinarily well with a terribly predictable OC and broken down OL along with no running-gain (in the playoffs).

The team just seems to breakdown sometimes, but with Nolan, the defense is set, we just have to address the OL and let Matty run the no-huddle every now and then.

I don't think many QBs outside of Eli Manning can do extraordinarily well with a terribly predictable OC and broken down OL along with no running-gain (in the playoffs).

The team just seems to breakdown sometimes, but with Nolan, the defense is set, we just have to address the OL and let Matty run the no-huddle every now and then.

This

Even my wife who knows nothing of football. Was seeing the predictable play calls and bad o-line 2 yrs ago. I don't see how other people don't realize Mularkey is good for a team starting over with a young QB. The thing is are offense needed this change 2 or 3 seasons ago. Even if Kotter sucks are plays will be different.

Co-signed

This

Even my wife who knows nothing of football. Was seeing the predictable play calls and bad o-line 2 yrs ago. I don't see how other people don't realize Mularkey is good for a team starting over with a young QB. The thing is are offense needed this change 2 or 3 seasons ago. Even if Kotter sucks are plays will be different.

Because Mike Mularkey is great with rookie QBs. He makes things a lot more simple and takes a ton of the pressure off of a QB by using the running-gain and simple "smashmouth" playbooks. It works great for the first year or two, but I don't think he's a long-term solution. I think Gabbert will do much better this year with Mularkey at the helm of the team, but in a few years they will want him out of Jacksonville, I guarantee it.

i agree that ppl have been whining alot about matt ryan, but honestly they dont give the guy enough credit. He is underrated and is one of those qb's that doesnt get talked about alot, but still gets the job done, both in clutch and non-clutch & also under a poor offensive playcalling system. I personally can't wait to see what he will look like under a new scheme.

He is one of those type of guys that even after 3 years hasn't FULLY hit his peak yet and is already in the top 10 qb's list imho. Yes he has had his struggles but what qb doesnt? I would personally have no other qb to lead this franchise for the next 10 years than matt ryan. I will stand by him just because he is Atlanta Falcon!

Edited by MrJay

Because Mike Mularkey is great with rookie QBs. He makes things a lot more simple and takes a ton of the pressure off of a QB by using the running-gain and simple "smashmouth" playbooks. It works great for the first year or two, but I don't think he's a long-term solution. I think Gabbert will do much better this year with Mularkey at the helm of the team, but in a few years they will want him out of Jacksonville, I guarantee it.

Yeah I thought that of him before he came here. Not only the passing, but the running game should improve as long as Kotter just changes it up. I mean think about this, MJD lead the league in rushing with no passing game. So not only should we be able to run the ball with Kotter being OC we also have the talent to be able to have a good passing team under Kotter.

Gilbride let Eli loose, and wasn't afraid to turn the ball over. Eli has played like hot garbage, but they kept letting him loose. Matt has been far more consistent than Eli has, just never had the offensive freedom. There is nothing Eli has or can do that Matt can't. It's just a matter of giving him the freedom to do so.

People forget, despite winning a Super Bowl in his 3rd year, New Yorkers were packing Eli's bags as late as the start of last season. It's just proof that people put too much pressure on and have too little patience with QBs. I firmly believe that you treat franchise QBs different. Whether it's Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, or Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning. They shouldn't be judged on one season or one game. It's not like judging a RB or LB. You don't bring in competition at that position if you want to win. QB controversies rarely work. And when they do, it's at the end of one QBs career like Favre or Montana.

We are winning with Matt, we just need to make the adjustments to win in the post season. Torching Matt Ryan, or screaming to replace him isn't going to help. All we can do as fans is support him.

Gilbride let Eli loose, and wasn't afraid to turn the ball over. Eli has played like hot garbage, but they kept letting him loose. Matt has been far more consistent than Eli has, just never had the offensive freedom. There is nothing Eli has or can do that Matt can't. It's just a matter of giving him the freedom to do so.

People forget, despite winning a Super Bowl in his 3rd year, New Yorkers were packing Eli's bags as late as the start of last season. It's just proof that people put too much pressure on and have too little patience with QBs. I firmly believe that you treat franchise QBs different. Whether it's Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, or Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning. They shouldn't be judged on one season or one game. It's not like judging a RB or LB. You don't bring in competition at that position if you want to win. QB controversies rarely work. And when they do, it's at the end of one QBs career like Favre or Montana.

We are winning with Matt, we just need to make the adjustments to win in the post season. Torching Matt Ryan, or screaming to replace him isn't going to help. All we can do as fans is support him.

Good post

Yeah almost all laughed at Eli last year before the season started when he said he was Elite. Also how many years did it take guys like Elway, Peyton and Brees to win a superbowl.