big_D

Commissioner Goodell's schedule for Thursday:

12:00 Meeting with Payton, Loomis to discuss suspension appeals

12:05 Hear opening arguments

12:10 Look serious while hearing opening arguments

12:20 Say some superfluous jibber-jabber before making pre-determined ruling

12:25 Announce pre-determined ruling with straight-face

12:30 Adjourn for lunch

NFLPA is in the middle here. Do you demand that the league protect your players or do you fight to keep the offending Taints from being suspended? If they aggressively support the offenders, they lose credibility in the future if they demand the league do more to keep them on the field. If they fall in support of the players who were injured, they lend tacit approval to the commissioner's on-going crusade for safety, at the expense of game checks and fines.

What to do, what to do?sad.png

Lol yeah the appeal is the most ridiculous aspect of this entire scandal. Payton has as much chance of winning that as I do playing in the NFL.

Yeah the NFLPA is in a real predicament here for sure. I see them just trying to straddle the line in the middle of the road. Legally, they have to represent the offending players, and try to persuade the NFL to be as lenient as possible. But they also have to embrace the NFL initiatives to protect player safety, so they don't want to appear too aggressive in fighting Goodell.

I think it will really be in both parties interest to keep whatever negotiations they have regarding the player discipline to remain as confidential as possible.

I just want to thank the New Orleans Aints for the wonderful offseason drama. This is much better than the usual boredom we have this time of year, and the fun will continue the entire season.

Hey for that matter this will be talked about forever. The stain that just keeps staining and stinking: it couldn't have happened to a nicer franchise and fanbase.

NFLPA is in the middle here. Do you demand that the league protect your players or do you fight to keep the offending Taints from being suspended? If they aggressively support the offenders, they lose credibility in the future if they demand the league do more to keep them on the field. If they fall in support of the players who were injured, they lend tacit approval to the commissioner's on-going crusade for safety, at the expense of game checks and fines.

What to do, what to do?sad.png

Claim that the players who participated were coerced by the coaches. Allows them to defend both sides.

Goodell learns today on how the NFLPA feels in regards to his packsge of evidence he gave them to review. IMO if they concur thst is was attrocious conduct, he could announce his decision today before he hears the appeal. Or wait till the appeal process is over tomorrow and announce both at the same time. H e already said he wanted to get it overwith quick so it doesn't interfere with the Taints signing agenda. Their agenda depends on how much money is left after the whole thing is over and done. Brees has to be anxiosly waiting himself. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fk roger Goodell and everything he stands for ......as far as I'm concerned only a former NFL player should be allowed to be Commish ....couple more years of Goodello, and we will all be watching fag football ....

Wow, you didn't hold back one iotta. I doubt that contact rules will make the game look like anything any different than we see now, minus the intentional knock out of the game hits.

I'm not a Goodell fan, but as long as former players keep suing the NFL for injuries they received during their playing days, the NFL has to do this. You can't complain about the NFL getting soft while your playing, then sue them when you finish. Unfortunately it's the way it has to be.

Goodell needs to improve the player appeal process and include the NFLPA on a board in those cases. Dictatorial power is never a good thing, and Goodell comes off like one. That said, I think he went soft not he Saints. He spent 3 years covering for them. There is a lot more to this than just a bounty coverup. I think that Goddell is still covering form the reputation of one of the owners to an extent, and prioritizes keeping the Saints in New Orleans as more important than truth and justice.

The Saints need to be screwed to the wall for all this bounty stuff they did. And the punishment will come down from the Commish. What i am wondering after hearing the latest on Greg Williams, how many players will be looking to place an extra lick on any Saint this next season, without being paid a red cent to do it. I know if I played in the NFL I would. Lets face it the Saints got a whole lot of punishment coming this next season.

Edited by don.reese