Possible Fa Left

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci

I was reading through this article http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1129624-atlanta-falcons-free-agency-5-players-left-on-the-market-that-could-help/page/2

and I saw a few names that stuck out.

Tim Hightower. He could help Turner out with splitting the loads of carries. I know he signed last year for just 1.2 million. so I wonder if we could get him to a 3 year contract for 4.5 million.

- He is not a amazing player and he only did slightly better then snelling. Plus we got snelling back. So I wouldn't see this move happening.

If we were to get a running back to split carries with Turner then I rather have addai, who was cut and projected at 3 million/year. Or ladainan tomilson who could go for a million/year.

-but I am not sure if these would be wise moves.

OK we lost Lofton. and a lot say for good reasons. and I have heard Lofa and dent will do just fine. but I am unsure. not all rookies do well in the NFL; but I hope dent does. Lofa took a long break, so he really should be at 100%, but I am unsure. and we lost Lofton, but I think we knew we were going to. anyhow I think maybe we could get a guy.

E.J. Henderson He puts up numbers like Lofton and is better in pass coverage. only down side is, he has been hurt before. 2008/ only had 4 games, and 2009 missed 4 games. once he came back for 2010 and 2011 His numbers were better. And he is a guy who should take 3-6 million a year.

The last on the list is Lardarius Webb. I would love to pick him up; but the only thing is that we have to find out what is going on with grimes AND webb is a first round tender. I do not see the falcons doing this.

So do you think there is anyone else out there? I mainly think the only person we might consider off this entire list would be E.J. Henderson

I don't think we will get any of these guys, nor would I want them to get these guys. I'm not real impressed with Turner at this point, but I think Snelling and Rodgers are capable of splitting the carries with Turner. its not worth signing Webb either. That injury Henderson suffered was one of the most brutal injuries I've seen.

Guest Fibonacci

I really dont see us doing much else.. the only thing i think we may do is sign a vet CB for the min for depth because Nolan has stressed how he likes to have quality depth there, someone like trufant, newman or will allen that he coached in miami

I would be ok with doing something like this. A move like this would probably take place a week or two after the draft.

Edited by Fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci

Hightower can catch the ball, but otherwise he is limited. Can't get outside effectively or move the pile inside. He can break tackles, but to me doesn't do anything well enough to merit a feature role and he wants feature pay.

Thanks. In all honesty I was not sure how hightower did. I seen some stuff, but not anything enough to know what he did and did not do.

Also The more I thought about it through the day was that if we did bring in a nother RB, then that would be one to many goes as RB. snelling, turner, mughelli and rodgers, and then a new kidd.