Joe Flacco: I'm The Best Quarterback In The Nfl

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

We knew the
Joe Flacco
camp thought highly of the Ravens QB when his agent said in February he was one of the NFL's top five passers.
It turns out Flacco thinks he's even better than that.

flaccox-inset-community.jpg

By Winslow Townson, AP

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco told WNST 1570 in Baltimore. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question."

Flacco has yet to win a Super Bowl in four seasons as a starter, with
Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
and
Drew Brees
taking the previous three. Baltimore finished 12-4 last season, losing in the AFC title game to
Tom Brady
the New England Patriots.
The comments made by agent
Joe Linta
were spurred by a discussion of Flacco's rookie contract, which expires after this season. Flacco says he wants to be treated like one of the league's best and he wants a deal done soon.
"It's not about the money. It's about what you feel you deserve," Flacco said. "At the end of the day, they'll take care of it and I'll be waiting.
"I hope that we both want to get something done before the beginning of the year because when the year comes and goes and I haven't been re-signed, then that's when things can start to get complicated."
Ravens running back
Ray Rice
was singing a similar tune before being slapped with the franchise tag this offseason. He also seeks a long-term deal before the season begins.

That unibrow must have a mind of its own. He's not even better than Ryan, Newton, or Alex Smith. He ranked 18th last season.

(I know it's not TATF, but there is nothing to talk about that isn't the same crap we see everyday)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from a fact but any qb on a team with a Defense as great as the ravens would say that. I mean look at Eli in 07 there is no way n heck he won that by himself. And honestly flacco can win all the playoff games he wants but if he can't win a ring all of that talk of being the best is pointless.

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco told WNST 1570 in Baltimore. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question."

It seems what he said was taken heavily out of context. He's just stating that he thinks he's the best at what he does, and (also stating) he's not top 5. Which is true. Anytime you make it to the NFL, you are the best.

EDIT: I had to put it in bold since some of the members here are incapable of reading a sentence correctly.

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

It seems what he said was taken heavily out of context. He's just stating that he thinks he's the best at what he does, and he's not top 5. Which is true. Anytime you make it to the NFL, you are the best.

Im pretty sure he meant he doesn't want to be listed as a top 5 QB, instead he feels he is the best. Even though that statement by him is far from true, I have no problem with someone feeling like they are the best at what they do, confidence is good.

Im pretty sure he meant he doesn't want to be listed as a top 5 QB, instead he feels he is the best. Even though that statement by him is far from true, I have no problem with someone feeling like they are the best at what they do, confidence is good.

im sure brady and manning believe there the best but they wouldnt be dumb enough to actually say it in the media... Stating it foreveryone to hear something like that to me seems like he dnt even believe that...

Regardless he isnt a top 5... Top 10 yea but he isnt better then ryan... That defense of his got him confused...

Sounds like he is cutting a promo on WWE. I am the best, not you, ME!!!! Good for Flacco. He is doing something that great QBs never did. You never heard Aikman, Elway and other great QB's come out and say I am the best QB in the NFL. Flacco is in a league of his own!! Flacco, your a mark for yourself and you will probably choke hard in 2012.

with a solid line and defense it could happen

You can say that for any starter in this league.

In any case we only have his response, but nothing about the kind of question he was asked. That's how people get caught up in the media. I hope every player and anyone that has a job thinks that way or else why do you think you deserve to work if you don't think your the best?

I disagree with a lot of posters in this thread. Generally, a person that believes they are already the best lacks the drive to be better. A person that believes they "can" be the best, or "wants" to be the best is the guy I want leading my team.

I'm not saying that this goes for all people. Some people could believe they are the best and have enough drive wanting to stay the best. But more often then not, the guy that's very critical of himself is the one that's going to continue getting better because it shows that he's not satisfied with how he's performing thus far.

There's a big difference between believing you are the best and believing you can be the best.

That unibrow must have a mind of its own. He's not even better than Ryan, Newton, or Alex Smith. He ranked 18th last season.

(I know it's not TATF, but there is nothing to talk about that isn't the same crap we see everyday)

This is embarrassing stop it. joe Flacco is good QB. so Matt Ryan fen quotes been jealous of

Joe Flacc

o

Guest Negatorris

Normally I would agree, but I think it's more arrogance from Flacco than confidence. The things he had said before lead me to believe that.

It seems what he said was taken heavily out of context. He's just stating that he thinks he's the best at what he does, and he's not top 5. Which is true. Anytime you make it to the NFL, you are the best.

Once again, someone says something, and people try and alter the meaning. C'mon people. First of all, this is TAFT. Second of all, PLEASE explain how this is some important news. Never once did JF say he IS the best QB in the NFL. Wake up moron.

With a solid line and defense added here, JPW could lead us to glory.

I don't see why people knock Matt Ryan. The man took an absolute beating in the first 4-5 games and still turned in a great statistical season. All it would have took was 1 or 2 playoff wins and he would get full respect