How We Might Be Getting M. Ingram

Since we worked out M.Ingram I have been intrigued about getting him in the draft, and I have thought about how we might get him.

M.Ingram is projected by most to go in the top 10 or 15 picks. So in order to be able to get him we would have to trade up.

Looking in the top 10 picks I see some teams that we might be able to make a deal with.

First of the Browns, we traded with them last year and the word is they are looking to trade down, however I highly doubt we have enough the make this kind of deal.

Then there is the Rams, They are looking for some CB help, and are looking to get some more picks. Also Les Snead the GM of the Rams worked with T.Dimitroff the last couple of years and has seen Grimes. We send Grimes + 2nd round pick, and 6 round pick for the 6th overall pick. And maybe something else I don’t know. Both teams come away happy, we get a cheaper Cb and can clear around 12-14 million in Cap space and get a playmaker in M.Ingram, a playmaker that Nolan loves a scheme versatile player.

What are your thoughts?

Since we worked out M.Ingram I have been intrigued about getting him in the draft, and I have thought about how we might get him.

M.Ingram is projected by most to go in the top 10 or 15 picks. So in order to be able to get him we would have to trade up.

Looking in the top 10 picks I see some teams that we might be able to make a deal with.

First of the Browns, we traded with them last year and the word is they are looking to trade down, however I highly doubt we have enough the make this kind of deal.

Then there is the Rams, They are looking for some CB help, and are looking to get some more picks. Also Les Snead the GM of the Rams worked with T.Dimitroff the last couple of years and has seen Grimes. We send Grimes + 2nd round pick, and 6 round pick for the 6th overall pick. And maybe something else I don’t know. Both teams come away happy, we get a cheaper Cb and can clear around 12-14 million in Cap space and get a playmaker in M.Ingram, a playmaker that Nolan loves a scheme versatile player.

What are your thoughts?

Rams signed Courtland Finnegan to a 5yr $50 million contract - they don't need two smurf corners - one will suffice.

Falcons are not getting Melvin Ingram unless they are willing to give up two more years worth of high draft picks.

I'm finding it very hard to understand why people are reading so much into working Ingram out. It's highly unlikely we will trade up that far for him. Just because we worked out a potential top 15 pick, it doesn't mean we are desperate enough to make that jump, especially for a DE.

Haven't you learned by now madman, not everyone has the same love for Grimes that you have. I wouldn't be against letting him go for something or someone more helpful, but a DE, **** no

Uh...

In terms of the importance of the two positions, DE > CB...so I'm not sure why you're acting as if it's the other way around.

That being said, this Ingram talk is becoming tiresome. Yeah, let's trade one of the best corners in the league (you know, a PROVEN commodity) along with multiple draft picks for an UNPROVEN DRAFTEE.

Lest we forget what we traded five picks for Julio just a year ago?

JJ has shown a lot of promise thus far, but we need our draft picks because, contrary to popular belief on this message board, it takes FIFTY-THREE PLAYERS to win a Superbowl.

We don't need to trade away another two, three, or four picks along with a player like Grimes for an UNPROVEN COMMODITY.

@OP: Keep your nonsensical, unrealistic ideas to yourself and perhaps your gaming console for when you play Madden.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

Haven't you learned by now madman, not everyone has the same love for Grimes that you have. I wouldn't be against letting him go for something or someone more helpful, but a DE, **** no

its not even about the personel fan that i am.. its about the fact that no team trades there best players... saying trade grimes is just as rediculous as somexppl were saying we should trade white...

why should we let our best corner on a horrible secondary go for a DE?

i think you will find this year (if grimes is still here) that he is the weakest link in a not so horrible secondary.

scheme is EVERYTHING man. we will be playing a totally different scheme.

its not even about the personel fan that i am.. its about the fact that no team trades there best players... saying trade grimes is just as rediculous as somexppl were saying we should trade white...

Trading one of your top players is actually common, AZ traded thwir best CB for Kolb, pats traded away seymour. Jets traded Abe to us, buffalo traded Lynch, etc etc the list goes on.

I think what you armchair GMs are failing to realize is that we traded 5 draft picks for Julio last year. You don't trade away 5 draft picks away in back to back years.

We're talking roughly 8-10 players here (including Grimes, according to OPs scenario) for TWO players in Melvin Ingram and Julio.

While Julio has shown promise, who knows if he'll struggle with injuries throughout his whole career and never be able to reach his full potential. With Ingram on the other hand, he hasn't even played a down yet in the NFL. He's a gigantic question mark and you clowns are wanting us to trade another few picks (and potentially Grimes) for him?

LOL

I take it that none of you guys have any knowledge of stock portfolios. You know, where you minimize risk through diversification?

Same thing applies to draft picks. If you throw Grimes into the mix as well, we are increasing our risk even more because Grimes is a proven commodity whereas Ingram is not.

Let's simmer the fcuk down on this Ingram talk now.

Jeebus christ!

Uh...

In terms of the importance of the two positions, DE > CB...so I'm not sure why you're acting as if it's the other way around.

That being said, this Ingram talk is becoming tiresome. Yeah, let's trade one of the best corners in the league (you know, a PROVEN commodity) along with multiple draft picks for an UNPROVEN DRAFTEE.

Lest we forget what we traded five picks for Julio just a year ago?

JJ has shown a lot of promise thus far, but we need our draft picks because, contrary to popular belief on this message board, it takes FIFTY-THREE PLAYERS to win a Superbowl.

We don't need to trade away another two, three, or four picks along with a player like Grimes for an UNPROVEN COMMODITY.

@OP: Keep your nonsensical, unrealistic ideas to yourself and perhaps your gaming console for when you play Madden.

When it comes to trading a proven corner in a weak secondary for a rookie DE who could be a potential flop, then CB > DE. We have 3 young DE with as much potential as this rookie people are talking about trading for. Here's a better solution. GET A PASS RUSHING DT. That would solve a lot of problems, that way fans can stop crying about having a huge need for DE when there really isn't

Guest TheIdowu

i think you will find this year (if grimes is still here) that he is the weakest link in a not so horrible secondary.

scheme is EVERYTHING man. we will be playing a totally different scheme.

you cant be serious.

you dont know swat ish about NFL football. . . WOW

When it comes to trading a proven corner in a weak secondary for a rookie DE who could be a potential flop, then CB > DE.

Right. I agree with THAT statement.

However, your original statement made it seem as if you believed CB > DE in general, thus why I felt the need to call you on it a bit ago.

you cant be serious.

you dont know swat ish about NFL football. . . WOW

I wouldn't go as far as saying that he knows nothing about football because he could possibly be on to something. I have heard many, many people say and post the exact same thing. People have gotten to caught up in the number of knock downs and ints that his negative traits get overlooked

Trading one of your top players is actually common, AZ traded thwir best CB for Kolb, pats traded away seymour. Jets traded Abe to us, buffalo traded Lynch, etc etc the list goes on.

ARZ traded there best corner cause they just drafted patrick petterson... And DRC was by far not there best player... He had a good rookie yr and has fallen off since...

Seymour was traded but again he wasnt there most impactful guy... And they needed to keep wilfork and ddidnt have the money.. abe wanted out of a 34 so got traded to ATL.. lynch had a good rookie yr and vanished after his last pro bowl in BUF and got traded where he got his career back on the right path...

None of thoes players where in there prime and just ggot traded for another player unless they had a replacement (DRC for petterson).. yall are saying lets get rid of the only player who consistently makes plays for a pass rusher... ?? Thats like saying lets trade roddy so we can get picks to hel the o-line out.. thats rediculous and bad business move in so many directions... C

You keep your own.. def your better ones.. thats how the steelers done it for decades and they hhave the mmost lombardi trophies to show for it...

Right. I agree with THAT statement.

However, your original statement made it seem as if you believed CB > DE in general, thus why I felt the need to call you on it a bit ago.

No worries. I've gotten use to people taking my posts the wrong way lol. If the scenario was for trading Grimes for a proven DE then I wouldn't be against it. Grimes for a rookie, nah