Can We Have All These Imd Threads Moved To A Seperate Forum?

I used to love coming into this forum to read about prospects that we had checked out or potential gems in the draft that guys like Draftnut or Atljbo would post about. Reading actual FALCONS mock drafts is nice but ever since this stupid Interactive Mock Draft nonsense thier is no point in coming her.

Seems like a small group of posters are just destroying this forum for everyone. Modz need to move these threads somewhere else so we can talk football.

If someone else doesn't do it. Then I WILL!!!

I don't think this is an unreasonable request. He is not saying he is against the idea of IMD just move it or temporarly create its own forum. Personnally I have never participated in IMD and don't mind but it does clutter up this forum which is supposed to be designated for the NFL draft and FA. Otherwise why have the different forums....

Edited by AEFalcon

these imds have been here longer than you

So has "Anything But Football" but it has its own forum. A forum, by the way, that advocates talking about fantasy league issues. I just think IMD closer relates to that activity than the real NFL draft and FA.

Edited by AEFalcon

I don't think this is an unreasonable request. He is not saying he is against the idea of IMD just move it or temporarly create its own forum. Personnally I have never participated in IMD and don't mind but it does clutter up this forum which is supposed to be designated for the NFL draft and FA. Otherwise why have the different forums....

agree that they do take up a lot of threads. I do try and keep it to as few as possible & keep those pinned. I'm not against putting the IMD in it's own forum, but I don't think that the admins will create one just for it & it would only be used about 3-4 weeks out of the year (although that is more use than some of these forums we have get).

I used to love coming into this forum to read about prospects that we had checked out or potential gems in the draft that guys like Draftnut or Atljbo would post about. Reading actual FALCONS mock drafts is nice but ever since this stupid Interactive Mock Draft nonsense thier is no point in coming her.

Seems like a small group of posters are just destroying this forum for everyone. Modz need to move these threads somewhere else so we can talk football.

If someone else doesn't do it. Then I WILL!!

these imds have been here longer than you

they have not been here longer than some of us. the OP has a point. the backlash he's getting for even bringing it up shows that only IMD people are around to even respond. this year is the worst i've seen it - there is hardly any draft discussion here, and when some pops up it gets buried by IMD threads. for any of you claiming that this is how it's always been, you are plain wrong. it wasn't even that long ago that mock draft threads and some draft discussion threads in TATF would be kicked or urged to move it to the draft forum. IMD megathreadosphere seems to expand annually. a lot of draft talk has ditched this forum and it's too bad - it was great to have discussions outside of the mob of TATF. the OP is not out of line for raising this issue.

You're not seeing a lot of mock drafts because we don't have a 1st round pick this year.

Interest is down, because of that.

i guess that could be argued to an extent, but the draft is the draft. i for one love the **** out of it every year regardless of how many picks we have. TBH for me its not about seeing 100 mocks (they get old, even though i love doing one each year). it is way more about the various threads of prospects, strategies, position breakdowns, news, rumors, etc. sure, all of that is in TATF now, but when this forum was alive with draft chat the discussions were far more engaging and focused without the rabble running thru like in TATF. plus all the draft threads were in one place instead of lost in the mess over there.

i definitely remember when IMD threads were consolidated, fewer and out of the way. are we past the point of no return? if so then call this the IMD forum and make a separate draft forum. seriously.

**and mods, please move this (or the new draft forum) back up the totem pole closer to TATF. thanks.

You do realize that the IMD consists of the active NFL Draft & Free Agency posters. Because we like the draft and free agency, we participate in an interactive offseason for a few weeks every year. When it's over, we go back to talking about normal things.

I don't think I've ever seen you post in here, whereas a lot of these people have been here for years. Go check all of our "topics created" -- I bet you one or two are IMD related and forty or fifty are draft and free agency related.

If it bothers you, people talk about the draft in the TATF -- but then you have to deal with the people who post in that forum. May god be with you my son if you choose this path.

You do realize that the IMD consists of the active NFL Draft & Free Agency posters. Because we like the draft and free agency, we participate in an interactive offseason for a few weeks every year. When it's over, we go back to talking about normal things.

I don't think I've ever seen you post in here, whereas a lot of these people have been here for years. Go check all of our "topics created" -- I bet you one or two are IMD related and forty or fifty are draft and free agency related.

If it bothers you, people talk about the draft in the TATF -- but then you have to deal with the people who post in that forum. May god be with you my son if you choose this path.

yeah, im just being over-reactive. i miss the active draft forum of years past and started throwing toys. sorry about that.

however, each IMD team having a separate thread does clutter the forum a bit. the point is moot though since it is so dead in here with draft talk. edit: am i wrong, or was there more action in here just last year? i post mostly during draft/FA time, and not very much at that. some years hardly at all. but this season and the new schemes have me very excited.

u mad

i definitely remember when IMD threads were consolidated, fewer and out of the way. are we past the point of no return? if so then call this the IMD forum and make a separate draft forum. seriously.

**and mods, please move this (or the new draft forum) back up the totem pole closer to TATF. thanks.

The draft & FA forum used to be the 3rd or 4th one in the list of forums, now it's dropped way down. That, IMO is when the decline started in this forum. Then we've had a few of the most active draft discussion posters (scar, Mr. Offseason, draftnut, etc) leave or seriously cut back on their posting time due to school/work/personal commitments. That hasn't helped this forum either. It's been running downhill fast for the last 3 years or so. Then add in that we don't have a 1st round pick this year & a lot of the people who don't love the draft time don't get nearly as excited this year & it's almost like a perfect storm to nuke this forum.

I know in the past teams in the IMD have created their own team thread, but there do seem to be more of them this year than in the past. I don't know if that's a lack of other threads in this forum making it seem that way or if it really is more of them. I've tried to keep the actual IMD thread to as few as possible. I didn't put up the drafting thread until the draft started & the free agency threads went away. The trade thread & the discussion thread have been there through both phases of the game. And the rules thread was kept pinned. Other than that, it's all we really need. Should just be 4 threads total that either stay pinned or get bumped a lot. If we kept it at that, then it really wouldn't overwhelm the forum I don't believe. Maybe next year I'll try to fix the discussion thread so that teams can have their own posts where they keep their team info so that they don't have to create separate threads & that would cut down on a lot of threads.

Also, for the last 2 years I have created a website where I put up a lot of the info I used to have in additional threads. That has helped to cut back on the number of threads that I use to run the game with. So I think the biggest issue is all of the individual team threads & not the actual game itself if I can keep it down to 4 threads total. Would you agree?

*edit* right now there is a 5th thread pinned, that has been pinned the whole time & that was the signup thread. It should have been unpinned a long time ago, but wasn't. I'll ask again for it to be unpinned.

You will what???

thanks for the response Robb. I appreciate it. I also think the lack of general activity here makes the IMD presence very pronounced. maybe this forum can be moved back up again to see if it can be kick-started (tho a bit late for this year.)