Are Hoodies That Controversial Or Is The Dam Media At It Again?

Nono

Seems like all I am hearing from the media is hoodie this and hoodie that after the Trayvon killing. Is a hoodie controversial or even racial? I mean it is just style right? I see no problem wearing clothing as you want.

Im sure ill get flamed for this, BTW before i post i in no way think HOODIE is bad or racist or criminal. As ive said before and it was taken out of context the media is playing the get the most views as possible game, on both sides of the tracks... take it for what it is but this is a hoodie...

kkk_member_dies.jpg

Racist? YES. But more so because of whos in it apposed to the actual hoodie. So no i dont think wearing whatever clothing you want means you are non racist. Not saying Trayvon was racist because of the hoodie, but it did make a racist very much more suspicious of him having it on.

Edited by JaGz

I always thought they were pretty universal... I don't own a single sweatshirt that isn't a hoodie; got a ton of 'em...

<----- 32 year-old white banker.

You are going to probably rob me blind...

<-- 28 year old IT guy...

business never knows what they want but I have to figure out how to make their crazy ideas possible

too hot for a hoodie right now... and I run in 40degree weather in short sleeves so meh...

I rock my hoodie everywhere I go but I take it off before I enter a store. Unfortunately that doesn't help because I still get followed just because I have the hoodie on with a baseball cap. I'm 27 and have no intention of stealing or harming anyone but that's just the way people are.

I even flash my cash to show them that I don't want to take anything, then I walk out

The media is blowing it up but we should all be used to that type of behavior by now.

That's society, not the media. The media isn't totally at fault for how certain people are going to perceive how certain people wear a style of clothing.It's not fair, but it is reality.

I counted 12 hoodies on the 18 people in our break room on Friday last week. That included five white guys, a white chick, and an Asian girl. Buncha thugs work there, I guess.

Not just that, but a walk across any college campus anywhere in spring or fall will show hundreds of students wearing hoodies. Nah, they aren't controversial, just another red herring the Faux News threw out there to change the subject.

Chris Brown posted a message to Trayvon online, AND just happened to introduce his new hoodies he has for sale, LOL. You stay classy Chris.

chris-brown-trayvon-twitter-600x450.jpg

You know, if you were a big-foreheaded, auto-tuned, manufactured female pop star, Chris would put one of his hoodies on and beat your *** for writing this.

For your information, a proceed of Chris' hoodie sales go to charity - The Free Chris Brown Legal Defense Foundation. So, it's not like he's trying to get rich.

I don't like the word stealing I just pretend Im illegally downloading flat screen TV's.

What's really unnerving?the Dean Cain sculpture made from Steak-ums.. He really should refrigerate that.

If they stopped making crappy TVs we wouldn't have to "download" them.

I don't like the word stealing I just pretend Im illegally downloading flat screen TV's.

What's really unnerving?the Dean Cain sculpture made from Steak-ums.. He really should refrigerate that.

I've always imagined daRoadRambler smells like a rich aroma of Steak-ums and naugahyde.