Checks And Balances Wut?

Boogie Man

In talking about the Supreme Court possibly declaring the healthcare unconstitutional, The president spoke at length about the case at a joint press conference with the leaders of Mexico and Canada. The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.

Forget about the merits or problems with the law, I'm shocked and a bit awed that he doesn't understand that one of the duties of the Supreme Court, the primary duty really, is to judge whether legislation is constitutional or not. He acts like how dare those appointed people pass judgement on what the elected people pass into law.

Really? That's what they do! Obviously he doesn't understand the whole concept of checks and balance laid down by the founders.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as is you scratching your own ballz and you scratching Glen Becks balls.

wut?

How old are you? You say Cheap Trick is one of your all-time "fave" bands so you must be pretty dam old. Grow up old man and wake up to realize not being an Obama groupie doesn't mean a person must be a fan of a fascist has-been like Glenn Beck.

Edited by Truthhurts

How old are you? You say Cheap Trick is one of your all-time "fave" bands so you must be pretty dam old. Grow up old man and wake up to realize not being an Obama groupie doesn't mean a person must be a fan of a fascist has-been like Glenn Beck.

oh Stobby.

I am old. 48, but assuming someone is old because they like a band that has been around for a while shows exactly the flawed logic you mistake for critical thinking. If my favorite book is " Frankenstein" does that mean I had to have been born in 1818?

BTW, I know young Cheap Trick fans who "discovered" them through guitar hero, FWiW.

Now, with Easter coming up, you better watch your daughters that they don't socialize their Easter egg experience.

Yep, it's the Supreme Court's job to determine if the legislation is constitutional or not. That's their job. I think the individual mandate is unconstitutional and anti-freedom. You shouldn't be forced to buy something simply for breathing and having a heartbeat.

Between his comments on the Supreme Court and all of his executive orders and congressional arm twisting, Obama has a major emperor complex.

From out of the wilderness of racism and smarmy trolls comes a voice of comprehension.

There is hope that this MB may not be a testicle-free zone

Edited by Truthhurts

In talking about the Supreme Court possibly declaring the healthcare unconstitutional, The president spoke at length about the case at a joint press conference with the leaders of Mexico and Canada. The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.

Forget about the merits or problems with the law, I'm shocked and a bit awed that he doesn't understand that one of the duties of the Supreme Court, the primary duty really, is to judge whether legislation is constitutional or not. He acts like how dare those appointed people pass judgement on what the elected people pass into law.

Really? That's what they do! Obviously he doesn't understand the whole concept of checks and balance laid down by the founders.

Do you have a link to where Obama said this?

oh Stobby.

I am old. 48, but assuming someone is old because they like a band that has been around for a while shows exactly the flawed logic you mistake for critical thinking. If my favorite book is " Frankenstein" does that mean I had to have been born in 1818?

BTW, I know young Cheap Trick fans who "discovered" them through guitar hero, FWiW.

Now, with Easter coming up, you better watch your daughters that they don't socialize their Easter egg experience.

48 my arse. Cheap Trick formed in 1973, you wrote you love their early stuff, it's your "fave" and you have a 60's era chick's car as your sig. I'd say you were 15-16 when you fell in love with Zander's golden locks and high pitched voice. I'd say that puts you mid-late 50s old man.

And no, I won't get off your grass till you stop shaking your cane and act civilly towards me.

Let me at least try to wrestle back this high-jacked topic from our geriatric comrade.

This isn't about politics, this is about Obama's lack of knowledge. It's more like something Biden would say. Not to mention the hypocrisy of Obama essentially proclaiming that all legislation ever written should stand based on the fact it was enacted by elected officials. No way he supports every law written on that basis.

Don't tell me nobody else but me sees through the facade that is "truthhurts". Obviously SOMEBODY ran out of people to agree with him. Voila...enter "truth hurts".

What delicious irony the screen name is!

LOL, yeah, cause now I have so many people agreeing with me LOL

I thought your original premise was that I was a popular member, who opened another account so I could express my opinion on the Martin case that went against the overwhelming majority here without suffering a backlash against my good 'handle'.

Maybe you should just cry to an administrator and they could check my IP address and verify for your whiney self that I have never been a member prior to joining recently.

If you don't like my opinions I'd rather you just shake your cane and order me of the grass like gramps does than continue with your stupid, childish epiphany.