Usfl Returns

wow, a team in Baton Rouge, but none in PA?

PA is a football nuthouse.

since it aims to be a true minor league, it will be like wathcing a whole season of preseason football!

As soon as anyone rises up to the top, a NFLteam will pluck them out.

Also, I wonder how this works for farming players to the NFL?There wont be 32 teams, so does each team allocate so many players? Or is it all undrafted players, who then can be re-drafted or signed to NFL teams? should be interesting.

wow, a team in Baton Rouge, but none in PA?

PA is a football nuthouse.

since it aims to be a true minor league, it will be like wathcing a whole season of preseason football!

As soon as anyone rises up to the top, a NFLteam will pluck them out.

Also, I wonder how this works for farming players to the NFL?There wont be 32 teams, so does each team allocate so many players? Or is it all undrafted players, who then can be re-drafted or signed to NFL teams? should be interesting.

I'm guessing a few teams will take on a USFL team as their farm system.

I'm guessing a few teams will take on a USFL team as their farm system.

That's what I'd like to see, have a direct association with the NFL where players can get called up to the pro's or sent down to the minors. Not sure if that would ever happen but it would make things interesting.

That's what I'd like to see, have a direct association with the NFL where players can get called up to the pro's or sent down to the minors. Not sure if that would ever happen but it would make things interesting.

Yeah, maybe for once we wouldn't be wasting our talent on the practice squad. Maybe we can resign Bear Woods from the CFL and put him in the USFL in 2013.

Edited by Skar

I just don't care that much for a minor league football system. The NCAA football acts as that for the NFL since players are there for at least 3 years

Even after the NCAA, some players are still green and still need some development.

Guest Fibonacci

As someone who is a fan of the arena league, I'm never going complain about more football. Especially in the Spring. Hope its on TV though.

this

I would imagine every team would be given slots to fill on teams that are geographically close to them. Maybe their would be something like an NFC South team in Birmingham, or an AFC West team in San Jose. But all kinds of problems are bound to arise from this. Who gets to have their QB start would be one off the top of my head.

I would be all for this though. I would love to see all the Dennis Dixon's of the world actually get a chance. Not saying Dixon would have been a great QB but I feel like given an actual chance he could have done fairly well as a stop gap player.

This has been needed for a long time. I love anything from youth football all the way up to the big boys. I tried to watch arena football and have been to a few GA Force games but it seemed more like 7 on 7 flag football.

Hopefully it is truly synched up with the NFL and they support it with TV time. Somewhere around June things get pretty boring.

This is a good idea, I hope they do it right and it flourishes.

The Washington Federals used my college as their training camp back in the early 80's. Their big names at the time were Reggie Collier and Craig James. I spent many an afternoon on their field shagging balls and shuttling equipment for them. Good times despite the fact that with so many pro players on campus, all the girls flocked to them like moths to a flame.