Taints Bountygate Group Appeals Friday

big_D

Guest Fibonacci

the saints are trying to buy as much time as they can. If they can get payton to stick around as much as possible to have talks with the roster and moves. Goodell knows this is there plan.

the thing is with him saying it will be a quick decision means that this is basically pointless. And when you go to appeal it can hurt you more in future things.

I mean if you come out and say "I take full responsibility for everything". then you should take the judgement handed down to you with no questions asked, right???

Yep.......why come out and say that you are very sorry and except responsibility and then turn around and appeal??

That send the signal of: Yes, I did it but I shouldnt be punished.

Oh and LMAO at Jimmy Buffet. Did any of you see the shirt that he was wearing at his concert this weekend??

Free Payton

Guest Fibonacci

Yep.......why come out and say that you are very sorry and except responsibility and then turn around and appeal??

Oh and LMAO at Jimmy Buffet. Did any of you see the shirt that he was wearing at his concert this weekend??

Free Payton

no. and now I will never use his name again. May his carrier in music fail just like bobby petrino in the bike accident. Just sayin

the saints are trying to buy as much time as they can. If they can get payton to stick around as much as possible to have talks with the roster and moves. Goodell knows this is there plan.

the thing is with him saying it will be a quick decision means that this is basically pointless. And when you go to appeal it can hurt you more in future things.

I mean if you come out and say "I take full responsibility for everything". then you should take the judgement handed down to you with no questions asked, right???

Free Payton

First of all, Payton took "Full responsibiliy" for events that happened on his watch and he should have known about what was going on. True leaders are that way. Secondly, he appologized to no one except Tom Benson.

So true!

First of all, Payton took "Full responsibiliy" for events that happened on his watch and he should have known about what was going on. True leaders are that way. Secondly, he appologized to no one except Tom Benson.

It doesn't surprise me either that Benson didn't jump all over Paytons idea of having Parcells take over as interim coach. Shows just how big headed Payton thinks his power is. He might be surprised if Benson isn't that fond of him anymore knowing he had to cough up $500k himself.

But Benson doesn't have to pay Payton almost 6 mill. Seems like 500k isnt that bad.

True, but 500k out of his pocket still jolted him no matter how rich he is. The 6mill allocated to Payton might be used on the interim coach whomever it may be so I see no savings there.

I posted on the whodatforum that criminal charges may be facing the bountygate players. After 24 hrs of the post there were NO comments posted from the Taints fans. There were several threads running with a dozen bloggers online. Wonder why they didn't respond. I was hoping to stir more

manure creole.

I bet Payton gets his suspension shortened to just a few games.. just have that feeling.

Goodell said he's listening to the appeal to see if Payton can supply new or addtional info. I doubt he can. I think he's stalling for time myself. What add'l info could he possibly have?

It doesn't surprise me either that Benson didn't jump all over Paytons idea of having Parcells take over as interim coach. Shows just how big headed Payton thinks his power is. He might be surprised if Benson isn't that fond of him anymore knowing he had to cough up $500k himself.

Failcon fans are seriously afraid of SP. I guess if someone had been kicking my azz on aregular basis, I'd be afraid too.

Failcon fans are seriously afraid of SP. I guess if someone had been kicking my azz on aregular basis, I'd be afraid too.

Don't come over here and spout your displaced anger at us.

Put all that on your cheating @ss franchise, owner, GM and coach.

Update on hearing. CNN sports saying the hearing wont take place Tuesday but later in the week. On the whodatforum, the Taints fans are assuming this means a weakness on the part of Goodells case. I don't think so.

What is puzzling is the fact that the NFLPA has hired legal counsel for the players that could be charged criminally. If this is a players association, shouldn't they be more concerned with the welfare of injured players, not the welfare of the hit men?

USA Today reporting the delay was to give the NFLPA a chance to revue the leagues documents prior to Paytons appeal hearing and prior to the player suspensions. Just hope Goodell doesn't back off of Paytons sentence.

Edited by bob_d