Any News On James Sanders?

J-RoC770

Actually he wasn't that much better than DeCoud. There were plenty of times where if you didn't pay any attention, you'd think DeCoud was on the field. DeCoud is our starting FS. Coach Smith doesn't seem to have a problem with him, it's just the fans. He aint the best but he **** sure aint the worst either.

EDITED

Schillinger was DeCoud's backup.

Sanders was Moore's backup

Sander's did start 6 games (played in 15)

I know Moore did miss 4 games entirely (+ p/o 1 other) ---and DeCoud missed only part of 1 game

So I think most of the time Sanders played was subbing for Moore not DeCoud

Many people were impressed by Tuimaunei during pre-season in 2011 and there is a guy named Hansen that was an LB in college that the Falcons signed to be a SS. They spent last season on the PS and both were re-signed in Jan 12.

Maybe they intend to go with one of these as a backup for Moore.

Edited by delaigle

EDITED

Schillinger was DeCoud's backup.

Sanders was Moore's backup

Sander's did start 6 games (played in 15)

I know Moore did miss 4 games entirely (+ p/o 1 other) ---and DeCoud missed only part of 1 game

So I think most of the time Sanders played was subbing for Moore not DeCoud

Many people were impressed by Tuimaunei during pre-season in 2011 and there is a guy named Hansen that was an LB in college that the Falcons signed to be a SS. They spent last season on the PS and both were re-signed in Jan 12.

Maybe they intend to go with one of these as a backup for Moore.

Didnt Decoud get bench a few games in the favor of Sanders earlier in the season?

Didnt Decoud get bench a few games in the favor of Sanders earlier in the season?

But DeCoud played in all 16 games and did start 15 - so kind of hard to say he was benched-- maybe the early part of 1 game or late in many

Moore only played in 12 games (injuries) and only started 11--- he was inactive for 2 games (injuries)

Sanders started 6 games (evidently 5 for Moore and 1 for DeCoud)

--he did play in 15 games--was injured and inactive for game 6

ADDED I'd like to see Sanders back but they may be going with the young PS players instead

Edited by delaigle

Sanders and Hayden are both vet min type players who might luck out and get more. We signed late when the FO decided that they didn't like the secondary depth going into the season, so we probably won't sign them until after we see what we can get in the draft. Especially since, right now, we don't even have the money to sign our draft picks without signing Grimes, cutting someone, or restructuring someone.

Edited by hjerry

Sanders and Hayden are both vet min type players who might luck out and get more. We signed late when the FO decided that they didn't like the secondary depth going into the season, so we probably won't sign them until after we see what we can get in the draft. Especially since, right now, we don't even have the money to sign our draft picks without signing Grimes, cutting someone, or restructuring someone.

We didn't sign them late till after the Colts and Pats cut them during pre-season.