Our Team Is Set, No More Additions, Just Add Depth

For the fifth time...we are ready at ALL positions. We just needed an OC and DC that know what the heck to do. Not to mention an O-line coach that's going to get great results. I have faith in this team "as is".

I've been saying it for about 3 years Mularkey and BVG simply didn't know what to do with all this talent! (go back and check my posts). This all will change this season we're going to rip some shlt up!

Just another message to motivate and get you excited!

1) For the fifth time...we are ready at ALL positions.

2) We just needed an OC and DC that know what the heck to do.

3) Not to mention an O-line coach that's going to get great results.

4) I have faith in this team "as is".

1) No one competent to play LT. No one competent to play C. No one competent to play RG. No MLB. No reliable proven CB other than DRob.

2) Our DC is a great hire. Our OC was #32 out of 32 coordinators last hear; he runs an antiquated Raider-Ball system that requires Matt Ryan to do what is does least well, and it asks the line to hold blocks for an eternity.

3) Our O-Line "savior" hasn't been on an NFL sideline since the Clinton administration.

4) I have absolutely zero faith in this FO's ability to get us over the hump.

1) No one competent to play LT. No one competent to play C. No one competent to play RG. No MLB. No reliable proven CB other than DRob.

2) Our DC is a great hire. Our OC was #32 out of 32 coordinators last hear; he runs an antiquated Raider-Ball system that requires Matt Ryan to do what is does least well, and it asks the line to hold blocks for an eternity.

3) Our O-Line "savior" hasn't been on an NFL sideline since the Clinton administration.

You're right. Lets just nuke the entire roster right now to get draft picks, though considering you have no faith in 'unproven players,' as you said in another thread, I take it that is also a waste of time. I guess there's no winning with you, only endless complaining like a toddler.

Edited by Psychic Gibbon

Here is the statement I agree with:

- No one competent to play LT

Here are the statements I strongly disagree with:

- No one competent to play C

- No MLB

- No reliable CB

- Dunta is a proven CB

- Koetter will create a game plan that caters towards the skills Ryan does least well.

Edited by Falcanuck

2) Our OC... runs an antiquated Raider-Ball system that requires Matt Ryan to do what is does least well, and it asks the line to hold blocks for an eternity.

This is just pure and simple bullsh*t. Nobody plays "Raider-Ball" anymore - not even the Raiders.

As a matter of fact, Lil' Robby, why don't you explain the "Raider-Ball system" to us and then detail how Koetter's offenses at BSU, ASU and Jacksonville were even remotely similar. I'm sure we could all use a good laugh.

Guest Fibonacci

with you making comments like this is why I am set your a taints or grandma panties raiding fan or maybe a man TUCcaner.

Edited by Fibonacci

Here is the statement I agree with:

- No one competent to play LT

Here are the statements I strongly disagree with:

1) - No one competent to play C

2) - No MLB

3) - No reliable CB; Dunta is a proven CB

4) - Koetter will create a game plan that caters towards the skills Ryan does least well.

1) Hawley is soft and exhibited a lack of functional strength when I saw him last year. Zero push generated. McClure showed last year that while he is still better than Hawley, he is also unable to any longer generate a push.

2) Tatupu last played Pro Bowl quality ball in 2007. Since then he was either out or relatively ineffective due to injury. Akeem Dent is just not able to play.

3) I agree Dunta is a proven CB--- which is why I said "other than DRob " in the post you quoted and responded to.

4) The offense that caters to what Ryan does well is the WCO. Koetter uses runs and screens to set up the deep ball. Ryan does not throw a particularly good long-ball, he does not react well to pressure, and the offensive line can not sustain blocks long enough for long routes to develop.

with you making comments like this is why I am set your a taints or grandma panties raiding fan or maybe a man TUCcaner.

So because I don't blindly suck up to a GM who drafts bust after bust after bust--- who idiotically traded away 5 picks for a WR (the least important skill position in an offense, and one where late-round talent routinely blossoms)--- who has allowed our offensive line to degenerate to that of a JuCo level--- because I refuse to swallow up all of this crap with a smile, I am a fan of some other scab team?

STFU and GTFO. I was here long before you, I'll be here long after you're gone.

Guest Fibonacci

So because I don't blindly suck up to a GM who drafts bust after bust after bust--- who idiotically traded away 5 picks for a WR (the least important skill position in an offense, and one where late-round talent routinely blossoms)--- who has allowed our offensive line to degenerate to that of a JuCo level--- because I refuse to swallow up all of this crap with a smile, I am a fan of some other scab team?

STFU and GTFO. I was here long before you, I'll be here long after you're gone.

Dude you hate the entire team? And don't feed me crap about how your true cause you been here longer. Either your a fan or not. It's to like a old organization and not be a fan of them anymore. You are making yourself worse, i know some therapist in mind for you. One is big, purple, has green spots and is a dinosaur. His name is barney. Stfu or gtfo or grow tf up.

Why are you picking to stay a fan? You clearly hate the team. Again i state you must be a taint, pantie raider or a man tuccaner fan. You do realize you hate more falcons then you hate all 3 of the teams combined in our division, correct? You do realize saints, panthers and buccaner fans only hate a few of our players, right? Saints, buccaner or panther fans are more fans then you are.

So again grow tfu, gtfo, stfu

Ryan sucks? Really. Throw for over 3000 sucks? Makes roddy whit look better then vick did. He maybe not elite in your eyes, but he is still a good qb. Go look at first round qb picks. And see that

Matt is way above average qb picks.

Biermann sucks? Go watch game film. He has to take on 2 players usually. And when someone tries one they end up paying for it. Sacks are not everything. With the average 60-70 plays a game, you do realize a sack only happens one time at best for Abraham. And if Abraham gets a couple or few, then you can count on a few games where he does not get anything. Biermann is double garded, and can put more pressure then a lot of DE/LB.

Instead of breaking down all the players, do you realize what the average player does production according to each round for all the teams? TD is in the top 10. Don't believe go look up all the other teams and look at all there players drafted in a 4 year span. Tell me who has had great to good players and how many others flopped on that team.

You do also realize us and the chargers are the only team who can throw for around 3500-4000 and rush for 1000-2000 for a single player, right? We just also have a wr who can break 1000, and julio was only 41 yards away also. There was no other team like the falcons; not green bay, not saints, not even new england.

And you think we suck and call yourself a fan. Lmbo

Edited by Fibonacci

Dude you hate the entire team? And don't feed me crap about how your true cause you been here longer. Either your a fan or not. It's to like a old organization and not be a fan of them anymore. You are making yourself worse, i know some therapist in mind for you. One is big, purple, has green spots and is a dinosaur. His name is barney. Stfu or gtfo or grow tf up.

Why are you picking to stay a fan? You clearly hate the team. Again i state you must be a taint, pantie raider or a man tuccaner fan. You do realize you hate more falcons then you hate all 3 of the teams combined in our division, correct? You do realize saints, panthers and buccaner fans only hate a few of our players, right? Saints, buccaner or panther fans are more fans then you are.

So again grow tfu, gtfo, stfu

Ryan sucks? Really. Throw for over 3000 sucks? Makes roddy whit look better then vick did. He maybe not elite in your eyes, but he is still a good qb. Go look at first round qb picks. And see that

Matt is way above average qb picks.

Biermann sucks? Go watch game film. He has to take on 2 players usually. And when someone tries one they end up paying for it. Sacks are not everything. With the average 60-70 plays a game, you do realize a sack only happens one time at best for Abraham. And if Abraham gets a couple or few, then you can count on a few games where he does not get anything. Biermann is double garded, and can put more pressure then a lot of DE/LB.

Instead of breaking down all the players, do you realize what the average player does production according to each round for all the teams? TD is in the top 10. Don't believe go look up all the other teams and look at all there players drafted in a 4 year span. Tell me who has had great to good players and how many others flopped on that team.

You do also realize us and the chargers are the only team who can throw for around 3500-4000 and rush for 1000-2000 for a single player, right? We just also have a wr who can break 1000, and julio was only 41 yards away also. There was no other team like the falcons; not green bay, not saints, not even new england.

And you think we suck and call yourself a fan. Lmbo

wacko.png

Are you stoned? Where did I say Ryan sucks? Where did I mention Biermann at all? Where did I say a single bad word about Roddy White? Or Julio Jones? I am vehemently against the trade that brought him here, but he is still a great potential player, and probably is already even better than White.

So you are either stupid, deliberately mischaracterizing my position, or you have me confused with someone else.

For the fifth time...we are ready at ALL positions. We just needed an OC and DC that know what the heck to do. Not to mention an O-line coach that's going to get great results. I have faith in this team "as is".

I've been saying it for about 3 years Mularkey and BVG simply didn't know what to do with all this talent! (go back and check my posts). This all will change this season we're going to rip some shlt up!

Just another message to motivate and get you excited!

Well, lets see what we draft then play the game

If we crap out on our pass rush again then Flowery Branch and Arthur will look "slow" instead of us

Edited by Nono

"There was no other team like the falcons; not green bay, not saints, not even new england."

Takes a drug stronger than weed to come up with this ^^^

Three opening round playoff losses, ZERO offensive points scored last PO game. I'm sure fans in NO, GB and NE are like "yeah, thank God"

while I kinda of agree that the team is fairly well set, here are the numbers

Offense -- 22 returnees; 2 new; 2 PS returnees

Defense - 24 returnees; 2 new; 5 PS returnees

Special --- 3 returnees; 2 new; 0 PS returnees

thats 49 returnees; 6 new; 7 PS returnees total 62

now plus about 6 draft picks (assuming no moves) brings it to 68

so an additional 12 players will be signed to go into camp (at most) --- 80 allowed in camp

But that's really 49returnees + 6 new + 6 draftees or 61 and the rosters is 53

(assuming no current PS players make the roster)

Edited by delaigle

did you not see this team get beat 48-21,and 24-2.this team has several holes.lt,rg,rb,fs,db,dt,de,mlb,and have no depth at wr,rt,lg,lb,and qb.you need players to win. coaches are part of the answer not the sole solution. The falcons better get active on draft day or start signing some fa's

did you not see this team get beat 48-21,and 24-2.this team has several holes.lt,rg,rb,fs,db,dt,de,mlb,and have no depth at wr,rt,lg,lb,and qb.you need players to win. coaches are part of the answer not the sole solution. The falcons better get active on draft day or start signing some fa's

Didn't say I was happy, just that I felt they had done about all they can do with the $$$ --only way to get more money is to release some players, and I do not object to that.

As for the draft, I think they can only get early contributors from the #2,#3 rounds, I believe the 5,6,7,7 rounds will be developmental players.

So with no more FA, and only 2 contributing draft picks, I'd say they are fairly set.

1) Hawley is soft and exhibited a lack of functional strength when I saw him last year. Zero push generated. McClure showed last year that while he is still better than Hawley, he is also unable to any longer generate a push.

2) Tatupu last played Pro Bowl quality ball in 2007. Since then he was either out or relatively ineffective due to injury. Akeem Dent is just not able to play.

3) I agree Dunta is a proven CB--- which is why I said "other than DRob " in the post you quoted and responded to.

4) The offense that caters to what Ryan does well is the WCO. Koetter uses runs and screens to set up the deep ball. Ryan does not throw a particularly good long-ball, he does not react well to pressure, and the offensive line can not sustain blocks long enough for long routes to develop.

1) McClure is competent. The C is a position is ruled by older players. And there is more to the position than just getting a strong push. Todd helps Matt with protections, identifying blitzes and the finding the mike. If McClure has been doing that for 13-14 years well in the NFL he is competent..... Not to mention he is still extremely solid in pass and run blocking. Hawley.. well Hawley isn't starting so I won't touch him.

2) We have 2 MLBs. You don't know how well either of them will play. Tatupu took an entire year of rest and there's a good possibility that his body benefitted from that. He could ​be back to form, but nobody really knows yet. All I know is that he impressed a management and coaching staff in his workouts that has a solid background in drafting and scouting good LBs (Lofton, Weatherspoon). With Dent we have the same problem. Either he steps up like Lofton did when he joined the NFL or he doesn't. We won't know until it happens. Either way, we have a serviceable MLB.

3) You didn't read my post carefully enough. I put "Dunta is a proven CB" with the statements I strongly disagree with. For a guy who's so concerned with injuries you should really be hard on Robinson, yet you say he's proven. Frankly Dunta hasn't proved himself since his injury. He WAS very good, just like Tatupu, and has been mediocre for the Falcons (but I don't think that's all his fault [bVG]). Dunta has tons to prove. Like why we paid him the way we did. He hasn't proved to us anything yet, but I'm sure hoping Nolan will help him do that. As for reliability..... Grimes.

4) You're forgetting what screens are useful for. They negate the pass rush. Last year teams could fly off the line without any thought of a screen, putting a lot of pressure on the OL. Since the OL was also quite bad, this means they could not hold their blocks, as you mentioned. If this has anything to do with Ryan not throwing a good deep ball, I don't know (I do know)..... What I do know is that Koetter's offensive plan will help the OL which, in turn, will help Ryan.

Edited by Falcanuck

My question is, why aren't you the GM?

We are not set by a long shot ...Sum people think that- just by changing OC/DC that we will rise from the ashes like a phoenix and win a lombardi. Regardless of the shceme etc from last year we have the same players that couldnt get the job done against playoff teams.

We still have the draft and FA to add players but we are not set