Why Michael Turner Means More To Our Success Then Matt Ryan

Swiftee

All you hear is let Matt Ryan take over the offense. Here is a quick stat in 4 years when Ryan attempts 40+ pass attempts Falcons are 3-14 ...hmmmmm lets take a look at all the 40+ pass attempts .

@ Carolina (LOSS)

Ryan 21 for 41 158 yards PASSER RATING 60.8

@Philly (LOSS)

yan 23 for 44 277 yards 2 tds 2 ints Passer Rating 68.1

@ Arizona (Loss)

Ryan 26 for 40 199 yards 2 tds 2 ints Passer Rating 72.8

*@New Orleans (Loss)

Ryan 19 for 42 289 yards 1 td 3 ints Passer Rating 46.6

@Carolina (Loss)

Ryan 22 for 41 224 yards 1td 2 int Passer Rating 57.4

@ NYG (Loss)

Ryan 26 for 46 2 tds 0 Ints Passer Rating 88.0

@Pitt (LOSS)

Ryan 27 for 44 252 yards 0td 1int Passer Rating 67.6

vs SF (WIN)

Ryan 26 for 43 273 yards 1 td 2 int Passer Rating 67.3

@Philly (Loss)

Ryan 23 for 42 250 yards 2 tds 1 int Passer Rating 78.5

vs Balt (WIN)

Ryan 32 for 50 316 yards 3tds 0 ints Passer Rating 101.8

@Chi (Loss)

Ryan 31 for 47 319 yards 0 tds 1 int Passer Rating 76.5

@Tampa (Loss)

Ryan 26 for 47 330 yards 1td 1 int Passer Rating 75.7

vs Sea (Win)

Ryan 28 for 42 291 yards 1 td 0 ints Passer Rating 94.4

vs New Orleans (Loss)

Ryan 29 for 52 351 yards 2 td 1 int Passer Rating 81.5

@Houston (LOSS)

Ryan 20 for 47 267 yards 1td 2 int Passer Rating 50.6

@New Orleans (Loss)

Ryan 34 for 52 373 yards 1td 0 int Passer Rating 92.9

@ NYG (Loss)

Ryan 24 for 41 199 yards 0 td 0 int Passer Rating 71.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Turner 20+ rushing attempts

Falcons are 27-3

Matt Ryan top 5 Passer Ratings of each year ..

Matt Ryan 138.4 @ Oak

Turner 30 carries 139 yards

Matt Ryan 137.0 vs Detroit

Turner 22 carries 220 yards 2 tds

Matt Ryan 134.0 vs New Orleans

Turner 27 carries 96 yards

Matt Ryan 132 @ SD

Turner 31 carries 120 yards

Matt Ryan 120.0 vs KC

Turner 23 carries 104 yards 3 tds

Matt Ryan 122.0 vs Carolina

Turner 28 carries 105 yards 1 td

Matt Ryan 110.0 vs SF

Turner 22 carries 97 yards 3 tds

Matt Ryan 103 vs Buffalo

TURNER : DID NOT PLAY

Matt Ryan 98 vs Miami

Turner 22 carries 65 yards

Matt Ryan 88 vs NYG

TURNER : DID NOT PLAY

Matt Ryan 118.1 vs Cincy

Turner 23 carries 121 yards 2 td

Matt Ryan 117.3 vs Arizona

Turner 9 carries 75 yards 0td

Matt Ryan 110.9 vs Carolina

Turner 17 carries 67 yards

Matt Ryan 108.8 vs New Orleans

Turner 30 carries 114 yards 1 td

Matt Ryan 107.9 vs Green Bay

Turner 23 carries 110 yards 1 td

Matt Ryan vs 146.3 Tampa

Turner 17 carries 172 yards 2tds

Matt Ryan 137.3 vs Jax

Turner 19 carries 61 yards 1 td

Matt Ryan 128.2 vs Minny

Turner 19 carries 60 yards

Matt Ryan 120.7 vs Indy

Turner 19 carries 71 yards 1td

Matt Ryan 120.5 @Carolina

Turner 21 carries 76 yards 0 td

12 of Ryan 20 best Passer Rating games have come when Turner has had 20+ rushing attempts ...

3 games where Turner had 19 carries

When Turner runs for 100 yards +

Falcons are 22-3

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why we are 0-3 in the playoffs. Turner doesn't show up there.

Cant just blame Turner even tho he def deserve some fault ..

-offensive line not opening up holes

-Matt Ryan being totally ineffective in passing game forcing S to drop back out of box

but you are right for us to succeed in playoffs TURNER HAS TO GET GOING cause Matt Ryan has been unable to lead us when Turner is shut down

Falcons are 3-14 when Ryan has 40+ pass attempts...

Yeah, that's all Matt Ryan, and nothing to do with the system. We had no screen game to compensate for the run game getting shut down. Give it up man, he's not going anywhere. Plenty of room on the Ain'ts bandwagon.

Guest Gritz

Some good discussion in this thread...if you can weed out the agendas.

It takes a top 1-3, elite QB to occasionally rise above a faulty, predictable game plan.

Ryan isn' there yet. Like virtually all of the QBs in this league he needs a great deal of assistance and help in order to make the Falcon offense run smoothly.

I want to see what Koetter brings to Ryan's game with more screens, the 4 vert passing game (with underneath routes drawing up some db support to open some go and fly routes) before I make any final determination about what Ryan's ceiling is.

I'm more concerned about the o-line and what Hill can extract from them then I am our skill position players.

No protection, no pancaking in the run game and it wouldn't matter that much if Aaron Rodgers was our QB.

Yeah, that's all Matt Ryan, and nothing to do with the system. We had no screen game to compensate for the run game getting shut down. Give it up man, he's not going anywhere. Plenty of room on the Ain'ts bandwagon.

There are Qbs like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady who dont have luxury of a running game and still successful . Thats the difference between a QB that is a boderline game manager and a QB who is the offense.

There are Qbs like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady who dont have luxury of a running game and still successful . Thats the difference between a QB that is a boderline game manager and a QB who is the offense.

Who has said that Matt Ryan is Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady? I think we all know the difference.

Some good discussion in this thread...if you can weed out the agendas.

It takes a top 1-3, elite QB to occasionally rise above a faulty, predictable game plan.

Ryan isn' there yet. Like virtually all of the QBs in this league he needs a great deal of assistance and help in order to make the Falcon offense run smoothly.

I want to see what Koetter brings to Ryan's game with more screens, the 4 vert passing game (with underneath routes drawing up some db support to open some go and fly routes) before I make any final determination about what Ryan's ceiling is.

I'm more concerned about the o-line and what Hill can extract from them then I am our skill position players.

No protection, no pancaking in the run game and it wouldn't matter that much if Aaron Rodgers was our QB.

Screens are effective to control a pass rush .. ..Thats the main purpose of a screen ..This puts pass rush on its toes where they dont pin back there ears. These plays while some can break into big gains are pass/run plays ..

This to me does not soften up a defense like a QB who can stretch a defense vertically .

* Also Turner is not the greatest rb out of backfield..What worries me is when Koetter subs in Snelling or Quizz package and a defense is warned a screen can be in the mix

Falcons are 3-14 when Ryan has 40+ pass attempts...

If a team is having a bad game and starts falling behind, it starts to abandon the run and passes more to try and catch up. If a team is doing well, it tries to run more to protect its lead. Its simple cause and effect.

Forty throws is generally a negative thing for every single team in the league for this reason. It usually either means your defense is falling apart or your offense isn't able to move the ball in any way, be it running or passing, which leads to losses. 40+ passes means you're desperate to score for some reason or another because the team as a whole is sh*tting the bed.

Twenty carries means the opposite. The defense is doing well, the offense is moving the ball, and you're trying to protect your lead. Matt Ryan having a 140 QBR rating and throwing multiple touchdowns paves the way for Turner to get his carries to protect the lead.

When the team is more successful and Ryan does well, Turner gets his carries. When the defense and/or offense have gotten themselves in a hole (or a shootout) and are desperate to gain some ground, they will start passing more to gain that ground.

Correlation does not imply causation, Lrn2football.

Hard to throw screens when the defense gets pressure with 4 pass rushers and the safeties aren't worried about WRs getting behind them.

Who has said that Matt Ryan is Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady? I think we all know the difference.

I just want to give credit where credit is due in Michael Turner...He has been just as important and in my eyes more then Matt Ryan ...Turner gets a bad wrap now around here for his body starting to wear down . This comes from 4 years of being handed the rock ..Without a rb like Turner I dont believe the Falcons would have been regular season successful as they have been over past 4 years

As Turner goes so I believe the Falcons do as well. Even tho this is a passing league our success has been keyed around Michael Turner

If a team is having a bad game and starts falling behind, it starts to abandon the run and passes more to try and catch up. If a team is doing well, it tries to run more to protect its lead. Its simple cause and effect.

Forty throws is generally a negative thing for every single team in the league for this reason. It usually either means your defense is falling apart or your offense isn't able to move the ball in any way, be it running or passing, which leads to losses. 40+ passes means you're desperate to score for some reason or another because the team as a whole is sh*tting the bed.

Twenty carries means the opposite. The defense is doing well, the offense is moving the ball, and you're trying to protect your lead. Matt Ryan having a 140 QBR rating and throwing multiple touchdowns paves the way for Turner to get his carries to protect the lead.

When the team is more successful and Ryan does well, Turner gets his carries. When the defense and/or offense have gotten themselves in a hole (or a shootout) and are desperate to gain some ground, they will start passing more to gain that ground.

Correlation does not imply causation, Lrn2football.

Pretty much this. This thread can be closed now and he can jump on another new account.

Check out Brees these past few years when his running game doesn't produce more than 100 yards, as well as his stats when he throws over 40 times. Check out Rodgers and Brady in games where they throw 40+ times versus when they don't. Look up how many times Matt Ryan has had a top 10 rushing attack since 2008 versus Brees. Look up the rank of the Patriots' rushing attack last time they won a Superbowl.

Brady I believe is 14-8 when he passes for 40+ pass attempts over past 5 years

Brees I believe was 7-4 this season when he had 40+ pass attempts

You can not be a complete and utter mess like we have been when Ryan passes for 40+ pass attempts

Im going to look in at the performances of Turner when Ryan passes for 40+ pass attempts

Check out Brees these past few years when his running game doesn't produce more than 100 yards, as well as his stats when he throws over 40 times. Check out Rodgers and Brady in games where they throw 40+ times versus when they don't. Look up how many times Matt Ryan has had a top 10 rushing attack since 2008 versus Brees. Look up the rank of the Patriots' rushing attack last time they won a Superbowl.

He's too busy trying to think up some other worthless thread now that this one has blown up all over his face.