Bu Bu Bu Bu But The Nflpa Hasn't Been Shown Any Proof!

Falcon Man™

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT

Friday’s comments from NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith, who criticized the NFL’s failure to share information regarding the Saints’ bounty investigation, coupled with reports of the league’s response created the impression that the league previously hadn’t shown a willingness to give the union anything more than a pair of confidential reports.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that, in reality, the NFLPA has had an open invitation to review additional information at the league offices in Manhattan since March 2, the day the NFL disclosed the existence of the bounty system.

Likewise, we’re told that a letter was sent by the league to the NFLPA on Friday, reminding the union of the information it has received and reiterating the willingness to share more information at the league office. The letter also pointed out that the Commissioner has requested the union’s position regarding the situation on numerous occasions, but that the NFL has heard nothing in response.

The letter again invites the NFLPA to provide any thoughts or recommendations.

The union possibly has deferred comment on the situation until it has a chance to obtain more information. The NFLPA is in a tight situation on this one, balancing its obligation to protect both the alleged participants in the bounty system and the targets of the bounty system. It’s possible that the union will eventually contend that the players who participated were coerced by their coaches, making both the player-participants and the player-targets the victims.

Frankly, any other argument would make it hard for the NFLPA to aggressively and properly represent the interests of both ends of the bounty spectrum.

what evidence have you seen?

are you saying that those accused and convicted are not entitled to it?

I myself haven't seen any, but it looks like D Smith has had every opportunity to...Go ahead Dago, explain this one... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Falcon Man

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT

Friday’s comments from NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith, who criticized the NFL’s failure to share information regarding the Saints’ bounty investigation, coupled with reports of the league’s response created the impression that the league previously hadn’t shown a willingness to give the union anything more than a pair of confidential reports.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that, in reality, the NFLPA has had an open invitation to review additional information at the league offices in Manhattan since March 2, the day the NFL disclosed the existence of the bounty system.

Likewise, we’re told that a letter was sent by the league to the NFLPA on Friday, reminding the union of the information it has received and reiterating the willingness to share more information at the league office. The letter also pointed out that the Commissioner has requested the union’s position regarding the situation on numerous occasions, but that the NFL has heard nothing in response.

The letter again invites the NFLPA to provide any thoughts or recommendations.

The union possibly has deferred comment on the situation until it has a chance to obtain more information. The NFLPA is in a tight situation on this one, balancing its obligation to protect both the alleged participants in the bounty system and the targets of the bounty system. It’s possible that the union will eventually contend that the players who participated were coerced by their coaches, making both the player-participants and the player-targets the victims.

Frankly, any other argument would make it hard for the NFLPA to aggressively and properly represent the interests of both ends of the bounty spectrum.

I myself haven't seen any, but it looks like D Smith has had every opportunity to...Go ahead Dago, explain this one... rolleyes.gif

Thats the best kind of sources. Unnamed ones.and ones who talk with Mike Florio at that.

When will finally admit you are a WFW clone and you have 2 favorite teams?

I have one team. But I am a fan of justice and if you have proof, show it. Don't hide it like this case or destroy it like in the Pats case.

Why don't you admit if this was the Falcons you would make 1000 posts a day saying how wrong it is and they must not have any proof if they don't show it? hypocrite.

I have one team. But I am a fan of justice and if you have proof, show it. Don't hide it like this case or destroy it like in the Pats case.

Why don't you admit if this was the Falcons you would make 1000 posts a day saying how wrong it is and they must not have any proof if they don't show it? hypocrite.

So you ask for proof, but then go ahead and make up what you think I would do were the Falcons in this same situation?

Call me a hypocrite without any proof?

Who's the hypocrite here pp?

What do they call your fanbase The SaintBoy fans? laugh.png

Pretty much. I don't think anyone's saying the Saints shouldn't be punished for getting caught running a pay for performance system. But the severity of the punishment is greater than every punishment all coaches and teams have gotten combined in the history of the NFL. And it's all based on a theory by Roger Goodell.

The NFL has no evidence that proves the Saints intended to injure opponents rather than proof that they tried to hit their opponents as hard as they could, within the rules. Fine line, but it's a collision sport. Should the Saints received 15 yard penalties for every single tackle they make this year? I know Falcons' fans would hope so as it would help their team win the division.

Everyone knows it but not too many are saying it... but the NFL is doing this to try to show that they do care about player safety, even though this isn't a case that has anything to do with player safety considering the hits are within the rules. And if they can show they care about player safety, it's a defense against the 300+ pending lawsuits that all accuse the NFL of not caring about it. Goodell is looking to save the owners billions of dollars. Billions, not millions. What would you do for a billion dollars?

On a side note, it's funny to see yet more hypocrisy from fans. Probably 90%+ of fans a year ago believed every word the NFLPA said, but not a single word the NFL said. Now with this coming out from D. Smith, those percentages are probably flipped. Fans want the Saints punished because they'll be a favorite to win it all if at full strength this year.

Edited by bradael

You know FM - you could always just edit those additional thoughts into your last post, which might service the illusion that you're not arguing with yourself at this point. Three replies in a row?

bruceugh.gif

Edited by joe horn

This is getting a little ridiculous now. You Saints fans are really expending a lot of energy to defend the black and gold when you ALL know nothing about the penalties are going to change. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. If anything, more penalties are going to be issued.

Get over yourselves. Take the punishments like men and STFU.

Dear Loomis, Payton, Williams: It has come to my attention that you have a bounty program in place. Please STOP NOW.

Nah, we can do whatever the F we want. Now they aren't accepting the penalties for doing that? Sorry, you don't have a choice you dumbazzes!!

maury-laughing.gif

This is getting a little ridiculous now. You Saints fans are really expending a lot of energy to defend the black and gold when you ALL know nothing about the penalties are going to change. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. If anything, more penalties are going to be issued.

Get over yourselves. Take the punishments like men and STFU.

Dear Loomis, Payton, Williams: It has come to my attention that you have a bounty program in place. Please STOP NOW.

Nah, we can do whatever the F we want. Now they aren't accepting the penalties for doing that? Sorry, you don't have a choice you dumbazzes!!

maury-laughing.gif

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we change the subject when things hit too close to home

tumblr_lz8y3aedvQ1qe4xuco1_500.png

well I think you have provided ample evidence.

truth is that you like the negative attention...probably comes from your folks ignoring you and if so you have my sympathy even if I can't really blame them.

At any rate, enjoy your day on here. Some of us actually have plans :)

WTF????????? Come the **** on! Why does this have to disintegrate into nothing but name calling? EVERYONE here is biased to a point, many of us are just more objective. I believe ALL of us here knows who is and isn't. No need to get so freaking carried away. Nobody here is saying anything about how the other team sucks (like in most of WRW's posts) so let's be cool without calling into question one anothers manhood. Just my 2 cents...