Ok I Know I'm Going To Get Totally Flamed For This But Like I Care....

Serendipity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_ONwqYd8c&feature=player_embedded

I agree on a lot of what he is saying here not all but a good part, especially the gun control rolleyes.gif

So did Van Jones, he giggled like a school girl during the whole segment you posted.

One of the reasons I don't like Bill very much is his false bravado. You know he'd never call a hunter a chinless fruck-face to his chinless fruck-face. One of the reasons I do like him is he would tell Turner he looks like he has a milkstash to his face LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_ONwqYd8c&feature=player_embedded

I agree on a lot of what he is saying here not all but a good part, especially the gun control rolleyes.gif

the New Rules stuff is generally the only thing I find Bill Maher funny at. And then only if Im not looking at his smug face while I listen.

LOL @" Im not afraid of a domestic terrorist group who has less members than the Spinners."

The problem isn't the gun, it's the gun owner. Gun laws simply won't work in our country. The criminals, gang bangers, etc aren't paying attention to laws as it is, they definitely don't pay attention to gun control laws...

I know just phucking around but he does bring up an interesting point about lead. I think lead pellet shotgun shields are banned here for the reason of poisoning.

Just to shoot the sheet, what if a neighborhood watch dude isn't allow to carry a handgun and his sole responsibility is to advise the police if he see's something suspicious....just sayin'

I don't have a problem with neighborhood watch people being armed. I have a problem with DA's who don't charge them when they use their guns to commit crimes.

My solution is to charge him, imprison him and make an example of him. Yours is to ensure he can't defend himself if the need arises. Of the two, I'd rather defer to someone who should be a good guy being armed than just allowing the bad guys to be armed.

I also think there's an issue with neighborhood watch organizers letting a wannabe in their midst, but that will be sorted out in the civil courts soon enough.

I don't have a problem with neighborhood watch people being armed. I have a problem with DA's who don't charge them when they use their guns to commit crimes.

My solution is to charge him, imprison him and make an example of him. Yours is to ensure he can't defend himself if the need arises. Of the two, I'd rather defer to someone who should be a good guy being armed than just allowing the bad guys to be armed.

I also think there's an issue with neighborhood watch organizers letting a wannabe in their midst, but that will be sorted out in the civil courts soon enough.

Well you give a regular guy a gun then tell him to patrol the neighborhood, you then arm him with a law saying , no need to back down if you feel threaten ...just shoot. Formula for disaster in my opinion.

Well you give a regular guy a gun then tell him to patrol the neighborhood, you then arm him with a law saying , no need to back down if you feel threaten ...just shoot. Formula for disaster in my opinion.

I'm not sure that's a fair interpretation of the Florida law. Biggest reason being he initiated a confrontation.

Legal experts in Florida (including legislators who wrote the law and the governor who signed it into law) have also said as much.

The real problem here is the DA. A crime appears to have been committed. The police wanted to charge him. The DA apparently put the brakes on that. I'm not sure a law saying guns are illegal (or anything short of that) will solve the problem of a DA not charging people with crimes.

Just make it illegal for anyone carrying a gun to speak to anyone, because it could be construed as 'confrontational' Nobody, alive, knows if Zim did anything except ask Martin what he was doing. This may be one of those horrible frustrating incidents that never gets truly 'solved' like Jon Bene Ramsey. Just two sides claiming they know what happened based on conjecture and circumstance.

Just make it illegal for anyone carrying a gun to speak to anyone, because it could be construed as 'confrontational' Nobody, alive, knows if Zim did anything except ask Martin what he was doing. This may be one of those horrible frustrating incidents that never gets truly 'solved' like Jon Bene Ramsey. Just two sides claiming they know what happened based on conjecture and circumstance.

You may be right, but at the end of the day, following someone around WITHOUT talking to them is actually more confrontational, so I'm not sure the alternative is helpful.

And we KNOW he followed him.

You may be right, but at the end of the day, following someone around WITHOUT talking to them is actually more confrontational, so I'm not sure the alternative is helpful.

And we KNOW he followed him.

And he was told "we don't need you to do that" by 911. One thing that is not in dispute is Zim knocked down the first domino and now a person is dead. A kid who'll never know the joy of holding his own child, having a legal beer or anything else because he's dead!

yea, you're right.

all Zimmerman did was ask" hey guy, whatcha doin'?"

And then shoot an unarmed teenager.

No biggie.

The problem isn't the gun, it's the gun owner. Gun laws simply won't work in our country. The criminals, gang bangers, etc aren't paying attention to laws as it is, they definitely don't pay attention to gun control laws...

People miss the most obvious reason why gun laws won't work: Nobody is going to be willing to take them away. The obfuscating part of the debate is why people are compelled to continue to loosen present regulation and put more guns on the street and make it easier for criminals, gang bangers, etc., to obtain them, albeit illegally.