Your Thoughts If Draft Went Down Like This?

Wouldn't hate it, but i'm not a huge fan of Orson Charles.

Is Robertson gonna last till Rnd 7? He plays with a mean streak, but I don't know if he could hold down NT in a 3-4 set.

Ageed, I'd prefer Dwayne Allen at that spot, and I might take a S late instead of one of the other picks, but otherwise it's a solid draft. I really like Polk and hope we get him. I think he will be something special in the league, but I worry he wouldn't last till our 3rd.

Just some thoughts about the draft

no particular order or players here

TE to compete with Palmer ::: I think Kelly's blocking spot will be Winterskwy or Gallarda

SS to compete with Tuimaunei and Hansen as backup to Moore

LB to compete with James for the #6 spot

WR to competed with Meier, Cone, Davis for the #4 & #5 spots

QB to compete with JPW for #3

plus one more maybe a big DT

not hot on drafting a LT --- they already have a project in Jolly--- don't need another project

Edited by delaigle

I don't think we need another CB at least not this year. Robinson, Grimes, Owens, Franks, Walls are all on the team already. I also don't want us drafting a RB that high when we already have Turner, Snelling and Rodgers.

Its because we have Turner (near or at the end), Snelling (likely our new FB), and Rodgers (nothing more than a change-of-pace back) that we need to draft or sign a RB.

Don't really like it. I'd rather wait next year for a TE where it looks pretty good. I also disagree on taking a RB also, we have our 3 set for next year. They're not big needs right now. I want some impact from our draft picks ASAP. Can't disagree with the direction you've gone for the next few picks at major positions of need... Just should be picked earlier.

I warmed up to the Charles pick. I think he may be the best blocker at TE in the draft. He definately has the potential to be a weapon recieving. Gonzalez will surely retire after this year, and next years free agent crop at TE is poor unless it is enriched by cuts. Shiancoe and Clark are available right now but we spent 7.5 mil on Gonzalez and dont have any money to sign another TE this year. I dont know what next years crop in the draft looks like. It may be better to replace TG's void left in 2013 now than never. I know Orson had the infraction, but his ability is undeniably the best combination in the draft. He would be a much better #2 than Wynterswick or Gallarda. He also would slide into the #1 slot in 2013. The best draft strategy is to have all 22 starters in place going in.

Chris Polk may be the best RB in the class IMO and I would take him in rd two, but if he slipped to rd 3 I would not care who else was left on the board. The 3rd rd pick does not appear to be a good spot for a value pick in this draft. I feel like we may be settling on a 4th rd value when we pick but we will see. I dont see a RB beyond rd 2 that I like enough to challenge Smith. Maybe Tauren Poole in rd 5 but thats about it. I would love LaMicheal James if he fell to rd 3. Turner is a FA next year and may finally need to split carries which is why a RB in rd 2 makes sense to me. With so many vet RB's still available and with all of our RB's returning I would chance getting a value pick at RB in rd 3 and fill another need in rd 2 if a guy I really liked was there. If all my favorite players were gone except at RB I would address RB in rd 2.

Edited by Bier-fann

Guest Negatorris

Don't like us taking two offensive players as the first two picks. We need to stock up on defense, like the Texans have for the past how many years.

Its because we have Turner (near or at the end), Snelling (likely our new FB), and Rodgers (nothing more than a change-of-pace back) that we need to draft or sign a RB.

We also have Mike Cox who can play FB which would allow Snelling to split carries with Turner for this year. Next year we can get a RB to replace Turner. RB is the easiest position for a rookie to come in and make a huge impact immediately.

id hate to do this on someone elses topic, but i cant start my own for some stupid reason when saints fans can create an account and make one right away. but this is a mock where i tried to reach a little and throw some less talked about names in just to see what people thought.

2. Vinny Curry Marshall 6-4 263

Vinny needs to work on core strength but has outstanding fluidity which he showed at the combine with a 6.90 3 cone drill.

3. Senio Kelemete G Washington 6-4 307

As a freshman senio played in 8 games, starting 4... at DT! in 09 he switched to G and started and then asked to be switched to tackle in 2010 and became a starter there too. Hes more likely a G in the pros and his mechanics are probably raw from all the changes, but hes proven he can adjust and learn a position quickly considering he started 3 different positions in 3 years. He has outstanding core strength,good launch off the snap, changes directions well, decent fluidity, lateral agility and extraordinary range. Hes a scrapper with good work ethic and a passion for the game.

5. Akiem Hicks DT Regina (Canada) 6-5 318

has strong core, explosive burst, superior fluidity, and long arms. very raw, but so are michael brockers and dontari poe. could be a great gamble that pays off on day 3.

6. Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma 6-1 246

Travis is a smart savvy player that reads the field well, and has the lateral agility to consistently get to the ball. His core strength is a little weak as is his fluidity which results in him getting washed out in some plays. He can turn and burn quickly in pass defense and does it very consistently. He bowed out of the combine which dropped his stock considerably. But if he there at our pick, he could be a steal.

7. Evan Rodriguez TE Temple 6-1 239

Ive found sites that love this guy, and sites that think he has no chance in the nfl. Evan is a great blocker that has great core strength and get off the snap explosively. Hes especially deadly on the move, diagnosing his target and consistently hitting hard and effectively. As a receiver he has great navigational prowess, fluidity and instincts. Rodriguez offers a particular blend of attributes that no other tight end in this draft class offer. A powerful slashing motion blocker and a smooth dangerous receiver. He may go undrafted and if thats the case, why no reason not to bring him in and see what hes got!

7. Tony Dye SS UCLA 6-1 216

Dye has great processing speed, core strength, fluidity, and can really turn and burn. He has everything you would want in a Safety. His draft stock plummeted because of health concerns, but from what ive read, he was terrific at his pro day.

This isnt necessarily the mock draft i would make my final. Just wanted to throw some different names into the mix and see how they were received. Again, sorry i had to post this on someone elses topic.

Don't really like it. I'd rather wait next year for a TE where it looks pretty good. I also disagree on taking a RB also, we have our 3 set for next year. They're not big needs right now. I want some impact from our draft picks ASAP. Can't disagree with the direction you've gone for the next few picks at major positions of need... Just should be picked earlier.

If we cant get Fleener, then I would rather wait until next year too... Drafting a TE would be like drafting another OG. I wanted Rudolph last year and was told that was a "luxury" pic for us. This was before we even knew that Tony G was coming back. So by that logic, it would seem that the FO was not concerned with bringing in a TE that high so why would we bring one in the 2nd or 3rd unless he (TE) were the bpa.

no feedback... on any of those players? i didnt write much about curry because everyone knows who he is.

Get to 100 posts, start your own mock thread and you'll get feedback easier. I like that you have done enough research to include a fellow Canadian in your mock.