Weatherspoon To Assume The Leadership Role

WiscoFalcon

So now he was a poor leader too? Come on man.

I was a Lofton fan, still a fan of his abilities, just not the guy but he was never a leader leader. He lead by example, which is fine, but he didn't get the guys going. Spoon did that. Abraham did that. William Moore did that.

I was a Lofton fan, still a fan of his abilities, just not the guy but he was never a leader leader. He lead by example, which is fine, but he didn't get the guys going. Spoon did that. Abraham did that. William Moore did that.

You never saw him on the side line going off? Dude wasn't a big talker or rah-rah in your face type, but he was a leader. Everyone in that organization would tell you that in a heartbeat.

You never saw him on the side line going off? Dude wasn't a big talker or rah-rah in your face type, but he was a leader. Everyone in that organization would tell you that in a heartbeat.

I never saw him. I saw him at practice telling guys to do push ups when they dropped interceptions but that's about it.

for a guy that was touted as the leader of the defense, yes, he was a rather poor leader.

Truth be known, yeah, everyone can call out stats all they want to but the facts are, early in the season he was just average, when the bigger games started he was mentioned. Does that mean he's a superstar? That remains to be seen IMO, you've got to bring it in every game and not wait for the spot light to be upon you to put on a show of excellence.

If he's going to be a leader, he'd better show it this season because he has no excuses whatsoever IMO.

Either way, I am a big supporter and fan of Spoon, he's been great for the Falcons, but the main thing I am saying is "He's not a hall of fame player yet, he's gotta get some more things done first".

JMO..............

I think the dependability and fundamentals of tackling are sorely overlooked in a game that is based on tackling on every single play but there was a question with the Green Dot last year. The thing that supposedly certain teams didn't like in the draft about Spoon was his mouth but the thing about the captain of the defense is he is the communicator and the heart and soul of the defense.

The majority of you guys are still pissy about 3rd and 16 but guys like Brooking and some guy from Valdosta State who was considered too short for the NFL had the heart of lions and woud conduct a modern day clinic to guys like Rudy Ruetigger.

Truth be known, yeah, everyone can call out stats all they want to but the facts are, early in the season he was just average, when the bigger games started he was mentioned. Does that mean he's a superstar? That remains to be seen IMO, you've got to bring it in every game and not wait for the spot light to be upon you to put on a show of excellence.

If he's going to be a leader, he'd better show it this season because he has no excuses whatsoever IMO.

Either way, I am a big supporter and fan of Spoon, he's been great for the Falcons, but the main thing I am saying is "He's not a hall of fame player yet, he's gotta get some more things done first".

JMO..............

I was talking about Lofton, you talking about Spoon?

And you base this on what exactly?

Well who knows what checks he made at the line, Lofton. But most ACTIVE MLB's are yelling pointing, turning their head side to side so the entire team can hear him....much like a quarterback. Because defensive captain is the quarterback of the defense. He might have done that but if he did....wasn't real noticeable from what I saw. You can talk bad about Vilma and I personally do not like him because he's a Saint....but when Matty called audibles Vilma was pointing, yelling and changing up the defense. That's what I would have liked to see Lofton do. Always thought it strange he seemed like a statue out on the field.