Suggs Says He’Ll Take A Fine To Get A “Good Shot” On A Quarterback

SaintRay

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/10/suggs-says-****-take-a-fine-to-get-a-good-shot-on-a-quarterback/

“I’ll take a fine, if I get a good shot at a quarterback,” Suggs said. “I don’t care where I hit him, how I hit him, as long as I’m getting the job done, I’ll take it.”

So how should the league protect quarterbacks? Suggs says teams should get better tackles.

“Quarterbacks get hit,” Suggs said. “You don’t want to get hit, play defense, play something else. Go punt the ball.”

---------------------------------------------

****, I can see the next 1 year suspension coming........

It won't be long and the NFL will stand for National Flagfootball League.

good ahead then Suggs and enjoy your fine and likely suspension which will hurt you team. He never struck me as a naive child but the NFL is all about money and entertainment and if he can't adapt to the rules, which have been well establshied for a decade, because it's not his version of football then TFB for him. Plenty of other great pass rushers that never get accused of being late-hitters (e.g. Ware, Usi, etc.), I don't get why he can't figure it out.

the NFL is all about money and entertainment

I guarantee you not more than 20 players sitting on the end of benches throughout the league on Sunday thinks what you just wrote.

It's way more than money and entertainment to the players of the game.

(you think D-Rob lays his big hits because its about the money or entertainment)

I guarantee you not more than 20 players sitting on the end of benches throughout the league on Sunday thinks what you just wrote.

It's way more than money and entertainment to the players of the game.

(you think D-Rob lays his big hits because its about the money or entertainment)

I think it's a lot higher than that but it's not worth debating. All I'm saying is that the NFL recognizes that healthy QBs makes games better and more entertaining than watching the back-ups play, so they've more or less put a bubble around them - I think we can all agree to that. So Suggs should adjust. He probably has - I must admit I don't why his comment got me a little riled. But at the same time all he has to remember is 'make sure I'm within a stride of his release before I hit him and when I do hit him, make sure it's between the knees and shoulders' - if he does that he'll probably be rarely fined.

I also think that in many cases they've gone too far and there's at least one play per game where the D gets penalized on a hit to the QB that the ref was to quick on the trigger with the flag.

Edited by Bart2Ryan+beyond

And so would the falcons. They're kidding themselves thinking Nolan is the fix to the pass rush.

Why?

Nolan will make Beirmann and edwards top rate pass rushers lol

Just curious - who in this thread said the Falcons wouldn't be interested in Suggs? Or have the rivals in RC resorted to inventing our responses so that you can post counter-responses to these imaginary conversations?