If You Could: Jerry For Suh Or Baker For Jake Long?

JayOzOne

If you could only make one trade, which would you make? Keep in mind, I'm casting no judgment on either guy's potential, but if you could trade EITHER Peria Jerry for Ndamakong Suh or Sam Baker for Jake Long, which trade would you make?

Personally, I'd take Suh because I think Ryan can excel with constantly having a short field and I believe our defense would be top 5 with him. Even with Long, I'd be worried that we couldn't stop teams on defense and every game would be a squeaker.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Long and it's not even close. Suh is terrible against the run and undisciplined. Long is by far the more complete player but I think I would rather have Joe Thomas.

It's because of their system. The run a wide 9 front and are pretty much told to get the QB....... It's not the player. I'll take Suh all day everyday.

Edited by red falcon

If my aunt had balls, my aunt would be my uncle. I prefer living in reality.

let's try this one...

Would you trade 1.00 for 1,000?

or would you rather,

2 dollars for 2 thousand dollars?

Jesus, the season needs to start.

I will trade 1 dollar for 645 million dollars in about an hour when I win the mega millions.

if the falcons got suh and he stayed a dirty player, that might be the only time if consider changing favorite teams. after watching him slam that packers players he'a in the ground then stomp him, I lost all regard for him - it made me sick.

That said, neither of those scenarios are very likely... but it's fun to say 'what if.' I'd personally rather have Kalil in this draft, dude looks like he's going to be special

I said it before and I'll say it again. If you can score on offense then you've always got a chance. You can have all the defense in the world but if you can't score you can't win. You have to be able to score to win in this league in today's wide open offensive style of football. The 1970s style of football doesn't win games and championships anymore. Why do you think the Ravens only won that one Super Bowl in 2000? Why do you think the Bucs only won that one Super Bowl in 2002? Offense has changed a ton in just the past 10 years. Look at the teams to win the Super Bowl the last 10 years. They all can put up points on offense even against elite defenses.