• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yea atleast Williams took it like a Man

I Just cant stand S Payton

his actions speak for themselves going back to the dope theft

I mean Look at him

his Brash little prissy attitude, and he sure enough went to the right team for me to hate him even more....

this

and even the bringing in Tuna

no no, you may throw me out but i will go get my big brother insteed of my friends who have been thru battle with me since 2006 ....

its like an I will show you .....

he wins either way

its his mentors azz on the line

if Tuna wins , oh Payton made the right call

and if Tuna Losses , ohh we need Payton back .....

this appeal does not surprise me, nor should it surprise anyone ..... Payton made a call, the Brass followed his lead.....

Be Careful who you follow

Custer had alot of wins too before little big horn wink.png

Guest TheIdowu

So typical of the Saints organization. . . .what do you expect from an organization of thugs and gangsters? While I feel they still earned their SB title, that title will forever remain tainted due to the allegations of abounty program that was also alleged to be in full force and effect the season they won the SB. Also, many will also place an asterisk next to that SB title after pointing to that NFCCG.

It's no big deal, Payton is just using this to get an extra 7-10 days to prepare for the draft and find his interm replacement. Goodell has already stated he will 'expedite' the appeal and since it's his ruling they're appealing, it should be a fairly quick process.

I'm not quite sure what Loomis hopes to gain from this though.

Edited by dirtydealin5858

Why not appeal if it's a right afforded to him/them? It benefits him/them, and the penalty can't get any worse. The take it like a man argument is weak. If anyone gets in trouble to the point to where it is heard in court, you best believe that you would be taking advantage of every thing possible to benefit you. They are appealing, most likely, not with intentions to get a reversal or lessor punishment but in order to get a few more days of work in before the penalty takes place and to flood Goodell's calendar to prolong it even more. If the punishment gets less severe, it's a cherry on top. So, you can either take it like a smart man, or a dumb man. Which would you be?

Why not appeal if it's a right afforded to him/them? It benefits him/them, and the penalty can't get any worse. The take it like a man argument is weak. If anyone gets in trouble to the point to where it is heard in court, you best believe that you would be taking advantage of every thing possible to benefit you. They are appealing, most likely, not with intentions to get a reversal or lessor punishment but in order to get a few more days of work in before the penalty takes place and to flood Goodell's calendar to prolong it even more. If the punishment gets less severe, it's a cherry on top. So, you can either take it like a smart man, or a dumb man. Which would you be?

i hear ya

just in this case may have been better to just move on ya know....

~~~~~~▄▌▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌

~~~▄▄██▌█ ░░░░▐ They all gonna ride together.

▄▄▄▌▐██▌█ ░▐

███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌

▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▘

I would appeal too

according to this Q&A, the NFL has not shown any evidence to anybody. If I was accused of wrong doing and punished, I would at least like to see the evidence

I find this outrageous

How do you suspend and fine a team without showing them the proof of what they did.

Makes you wonder if they got rid of the evidence already like in Spygate

Why not right? Let's apologize for our wrongdoings and then appeal the penalty rulings for them...rolleyes.gif

SMH...

I totally agree! Payton really is making himself look like a doucherag with this move. Sorry Saints fans, but it's the TRUTH!

I totally agree! Payton really is making himself look like a doucherag with this move. Sorry Saints fans, but it's the TRUTH!

I forgot the link in my previous post. read this interview with DeMaurice Smith

http://proplayerinsiders.com/q-a-with-nflpas-demaurice-smith/

now let me ask you a question....how comfortable would you be if someone accused you of something that cost you a year's salary and provided no evidence?

from what I have seen, the Saints players have admitted having a pay for play system but not to the extent of injuring anybody. I am not saying the evidence is not there but one has to wonder why the NFL is refusing to show even the NFLPA

add to that where the NFL hasn't even handed down player punishments yet because they know the NFLPA is going to fight them. If you have the evidence, why not move forward?

I forgot the link in my previous post. read this interview with DeMaurice Smith

http://proplayerinsi...emaurice-smith/

now let me ask you a question....how comfortable would you be if someone accused you of something that cost you a year's salary and provided no evidence?

from what I have seen, the Saints players have admitted having a pay for play system but not to the extent of injuring anybody. I am not saying the evidence is not there but one has to wonder why the NFL is refusing to show even the NFLPA

add to that where the NFL hasn't even handed down player punishments yet because they know the NFLPA is going to fight them. If you have the evidence, why not move forward?

NO EVIDENCE???????? Really? I mean come on! The man even admitted to it and humbly (at the time) apologized for it. Now that he's appealing, it makes him look like an arrogant jerk!

NO EVIDENCE???????? Really? I mean come on! The man even admitted to it and humbly (at the time) apologized for it. Now that he's appealing, it makes him look like an arrogant jerk!

what evidence have you seen?

are you saying that those accused and convicted are not entitled to it?

what evidence have you seen?

are you saying that those accused and convicted are not entitled to it?

I appreciate your objectivity with most subjects however one has to wonder if you would have this same defense attitude if the Falcons were in the Saints shoes at this point?

I appreciate your objectivity with most subjects however one has to wonder if you would have this same defense attitude if the Falcons were in the Saints shoes at this point?

yes I would....anybody deserves to see the evidence that is used to sentence them. Without evidence, an accusation is libel or slander, isn't it?

Part of the reason Payton filed the appeal is so Goddell would be forced to share the case documentation with him through legal channels, because so far, everything Payton has been told is verbal only.

Would you give up a year of salary and accept a suspension on a verbal conversation?

Not me.

Plus by filing the appeal, even if it's only a week longer, Payton is buying time to assist in getting the organization settled before he departs. As a fan, I appreciate that aspect of things.

Yeah, it really seems the objectivity re: this has virtually disappeared by many at this point. Hey, what's done is done, let's move on. Which is why I'm surprised by Payton's appeal. One would think he'd want to move on and get this done with. By appealling this it makes it loo like all the remorse he showed originally was bullspit.

Part of the reason Payton filed the appeal is so Goddell would be forced to share the case documentation with him through legal channels, because so far, everything Payton has been told is verbal only.

Would you give up a year of salary and accept a suspension on a verbal conversation?

Not me.

Plus by filing the appeal, even if it's only a week longer, Payton is buying time to assist in getting the organization settled before he departs. As a fan, I appreciate that aspect of things.

First off....You're insane, if you think Payton is simply going to depart. You know damned well, he's gonna have some throw away cell phone he can keep in contact with Parcells or whoever is coaching and running the team. They've already proved how dishonest they are!

I didn't believe this until I saw he was appealing the ruling of the league. He's starting to show he's really not a very honorable man. Sorry, but actions tend to speak louder than words here.

It's no big deal, Payton is just using this to get an extra 7-10 days to prepare for the draft and find his interm replacement. Goodell has already stated he will 'expedite' the appeal and since it's his ruling they're appealing, it should be a fairly quick process.

I'm not quite sure what Loomis hopes to gain from this though.

Exactly. And Payton should get ~20k a day that his suspension is delayed. And the option is given to them to appeal. With the penalty given to them, they should appeal, even though it's very unlikely anything will change.

A big part about this appeal process a lot of people aren't talking about though is that the NFL still hasn't even given Payton, Williams, or the Saints the full report on their suspensions/wrongdoings.

Not me.

Yep. A lot of people haven't considered this. Everything Goodell has accused the Saints of hasn't been shown with actual documents/proof. Even the NFLPA is asking for the proof of intent to injure.

And that's the problem here. People keep hearing the words "bounty". They see the statements by the Saints that they admitted to having this happen under their watch. But those statements are vague. People see that as admittance of bounties when it was merely admittance of a pay for performance system.

And the NFLPA is doing their own investigation for the players because they're trying to figure out if this was really a player safety issue or if it was merely betting on hits/ints/fumble recoveries, all while playing within the realm of the rules... except for the act of betting. That part is still against NFL rules, but the severity of the punishment would be much difference than accusing someone of intentionally trying to injure another player on the field.

I wouldn't be defending the Falcons, but I find it unlikely I would be accusing them of intentionally trying to injure players without seeing any actual proof of that considering how violent this sport is. I'd certainly be happy over any punishment they would receive.

Over the last three years, I've watched probably 20-25% of the NFL games in full and I can only recall two incidents that looked pretty obvious to me on someone trying to purposely injure another player. I'm not taking Suh's play into account here because I don't think his kick was an intent to injure the other player moreso than just trying to kick the guy.

The two plays I'm referring to are that offensive linemen who rolled up the back of the defender after the whistle. I can't remember who it was but I believe the defensive player ended up with an injured ankle or knee. The other one was Calais Campbell for the Cardinals when he dove at the QB's knee and slapped his arms at his kneecap in a game they were losing by double digits.

Edited by bradael

I wouldn't be defending the Falcons, but I find it unlikely I would be accusing them of intentionally trying to injure players without seeing any actual proof of that considering how violent this sport is. I'd certainly be happy over any punishment they would receive.

Over the last three years, I've watched probably 20-25% of the NFL games in full and I can only recall two incidents that looked pretty obvious to me on someone trying to purposely injure another player. I'm not taking Suh's play into account here because I don't think his kick was an intent to injure the other player moreso than just trying to kick the guy.

The two plays I'm referring to are that offensive linemen who rolled up the back of the defender after the whistle. I can't remember who it was but I believe the defensive player ended up with an injured ankle or knee. The other one was Calais Campbell for the Cardinals when he dove at the QB's knee and slapped his arms at his kneecap in a game they were losing by double digits.

Right, because GODdell just went ahead and handed out suspensions and fines with no proof...give me a break! rolleyes.gif

Right, because GODdell just went ahead and handed out suspensions and fines with no proof...give me a break! rolleyes.gif

so why not show it?

actually, if I am correct, he is REQUIRED to show it to the NFLPA in order to punish the players. So why is he stalling on it? We have heard every week that the players suspensions are coming and yet have not

Again, I am not saying it didn't happen....I am saying that this is not the behavior of someone who has his ducks in a row and is confident of his position

Your still not seeing the point of what theyre telling you!

No one is saying there isnt any evidence. Theyre questioning why it hasnt been shown to the accused and to the nflpa