Safety Position

I'll tell you good people one thing, we are really thin at the safety position if we don't resign Sanders. I mean if DeCoud or Moore goes down with an injury or struggles on the field we have Schillinger and Tuimaunei on the roster as backups. <shutter> Could you imagine one of those guys having to start? You mock draft guys might ought to tone down the TE or DT business and start considering a safety in there. I think we go CB in the second round and safety in the third round. Just my opinion though.

I almost lost my lunch when I seen we resigned DeCoud.

Lol he's not that bad. Just needs to be declined. He had a pro bowl year a couple years ago, not to mention I think he led the team in ints. Got to be doing something right.

Edited by red falcon

I'll tell you good people one thing, we are really thin at the safety position if we don't resign Sanders. I mean if DeCoud or Moore goes down with an injury or struggles on the field we have Schillinger and Tuimaunei on the roster as backups. <shutter> Could you imagine one of those guys having to start? You mock draft guys might ought to tone down the TE or DT business and start considering a safety in there. I think we go CB in the second round and safety in the third round. Just my opinion though.

Bro plenty people been sayin that for years.

Me included.

Even our starting safeties are questionable.

DeCoud is well, DeCouldn't.

WillyMo can't stay on the field and has given up some plays. Yall's insider Sportsfreak said even the players thought he was lost in the defense. I think he's a player. Just can't stay on the football field.

After that we have Shann and Tuimenioui. LMAO.

But Nolan will make all these suspect mofos Pro Bowlers. OK.

We will never go to a SB with the FSs on our roster. Even with Julio, we'll never light up the scoreboard like Brees and Rodgers. We can win a SB but we'll have to do it like the Giants, with a Defense and ours is not there yet. We need a FS, another OLB and another DE, maybe another corner too. So that's 3-4 players away on D and at least 2 OL, LT and a OG that can push his man 1 freakin yard. So that's a minimum of 5 players away from the SB maybe up to 7 away, which is 1/3 of our current starters, which means we're most likely at least 2 years away, which also means we'll need another RB and TE, so 7-9 players away really. People say "anyone can go on a run in the playoffs" teams go on runs for 1 or 2 reason or a combo of both. They light up the scoreboard or play killer D, neither of which our current roster is capable of.

Doesn't mean I won't be rooting for the Red & Black, just not very optimistic about hoisting the Lombardi this or next year

Edited by Truthhurts

Why don't you think we can light up the scoreboard? I wouldn't assume that.

On defense, DeCoud and who ever takes over at MLB are the only suspect starters. On offense, LT and RG are the only suspect starters. You can't have probowlers at every position.

RDEs are suspect, so is our OLB not named Witherspoon and FS. I count 3 not including MLB.

On offense, The whole line is "suspect" with LT and RG being glaringly deficient. We don't pass protect well, can't gain a yard when we need to, Pro-bowlers aren't required to do either on a regular basis.

Edwards is not suspect. He's just not a pro bowler. McClure, Blalock, and Clabo are not suspect either. Nicholas is solid+.

Our offense was the 7th ranked scoring offense last year.

It's a results oriented League The interior is as suspect as they come. They cannot move the man in front of them 1 yard when the game is on the line. As far as pass protection? Did you watch the games last year? You think Ryan's back there stomping grapes because he feels comfortable his OL will protect him?

Edited by Truthhurts

Additionally our ppg average is skewed by a couple games against terrible teams. 45 against TB and 41 against Jax, not to mention several 30 spots against losing teams. In fact the most we scored against a team with a winning record is 23.

You can pull for a team and recognize their weaknesses at the same time. I'm a fanatic, but not oblivious

It's a results oriented League The interior is as suspect as they come. They cannot move the man in front of them 1 yard when the game is on the line. As far as pass protection? Did you watch the games last year? You think Ryan's back there stomping grapes because he feels comfortable his OL will protect him?

I said Blalock, McClure, and Clabo are not suspect. So if you are going to disagree, then at least explain which part of that you are disagreeing with. No one here defended the rest of the line.

Additionally our ppg average is skewed by a couple games against terrible teams. 45 against TB and 41 against Jax, not to mention several 30 spots against losing teams. In fact the most we scored against a team with a winning record is 23.

You can pull for a team and recognize their weaknesses at the same time. I'm a fanatic, but not oblivious

Haha. Everyone's stats are "skewed" by your standards. All teams put up better numbers against their weakest opponents. The Saints put up 63 vs. Indy. I guess their stats are extra skewed. Which team out there has stats that aren't "skewed"? Is there anyone who faced nothing but top defenses all year?

I would add DeCoud to my list of suspect players though. I am still disappointed we resigned him.

I said Blalock, McClure, and Clabo are not suspect. So if you are going to disagree, then at least explain which part of that you are disagreeing with. No one here defended the rest of the line.

Haha. Everyone's stats are "skewed" by your standards. All teams put up better numbers against their weakest opponents. The Saints put up 63 vs. Indy. I guess their stats are extra skewed. Which team out there has stats that aren't "skewed"? Is there anyone who faced nothing but top defenses all year?

I would add DeCoud to my list of suspect players though. I am still disappointed we resigned him.

C'mon, seriously, you chose the Saints? They scored 34 vs GB, 40 vs Texans, 45 vs Lions, 32 vs SF, 45 vs Falcons and 49 vs GIANTS!!! Our offense scored 0.

Our Interior line OGs and C cannot move their man ONE yard forward. Please explain how they can be judged to be worse?

FS is all about instincts and brains. Of course you can't run a 5 flat 40. Evaluating a FS in college is almost as difficult as QB since the passing game is so much different, but generally if a guy's around the ball in college it means he has either good instincts or brains which usually translates well to the NFL

C'mon, seriously, you chose the Saints? They scored 34 vs GB, 40 vs Texans, 45 vs Lions, 32 vs SF, 45 vs Falcons and 49 vs GIANTS!!! Our offense scored 0.

Our Interior line OGs and C cannot move their man ONE yard forward. Please explain how they can be judged to be worse?

You'll have to find someone else to argue with. I can't engage someone who ignores what I write and then makes up stuff to argue against.

But Nolan will make all these suspect mofos Pro Bowlers. OK.

Apparently even Dimitroff is hoping Nolan makes a miracle happen on the field since he is counting him and Koetter as free agent acquisitions. LOL. Now Nolan is good but I don't see him being able to raise the dead, heal the wounded, and make players who are questionable at best pro bowl caliber players,