Some Predictions

Kizu_7

Just some random thoughts an predictions I am feeling. As there isn't much going on around here except lofton threads and panicking about parcels, I thought we could all speculate on some things in the NFC South or the NFL overall.

Here are a few I'm 'foreseeing'

1. Matt Ryan will have ~500 more yards this season and around the same 29-12 td/int numbers, closer to 32-14.

2. As a result of #1, turners carries will be reduced from 300ish to <260.

3. Brent Grimes will be signed, then shopped towards the trade deadline ... if there are teams seriously looking for corners.

4. Franks and Owens will surprise a lot of fans this year.

5. Julio will lead the falcons in td receptions

some non falcons predictions

1. newton will have a significant drop-off and will exhibit largely immature behavior, as he did after te falcons game with his 'towel head'

2. the buccaneers will be in last place (nfc south) again this season.

3. saints will finish 8-8 or 7-9

4. Tebow will be Jets starter by week 5-6.

that's all I've really been thinking, share some of your predictions or ridiculous thoughts.

Matt Ryan will have a career year, the Falcons will go 11-5. Midway through this season, his 5th of a six year contract, it will become public that secret talks between Ryan's agent and the team since training camp had broken down, both camps claiming amicable negotiations yet differences still remain, opting to wait until the season is over to restart on finalizing a new contract. The Falcons make the playoffs........and lose in the first round after coach mike smith decides to go for a 4th and 1 from his own 18 yard line in overtime.

Offseason talks breakdown, and Falcons trade Ryan to the Eagles for a 34 old OT and a 2nd round pick in a sign and trade deal, who lost Michael Vick to a season ending knee injury the previous season. Falcons decide to start their 2nd year QB selected from university of Arizona in 2013, and go 9-7, all to the cheers of their HC and GM chanting "6 straight winning seasons, 6 straight winning season" at the year end press conference.

Ryan and Eagles go 15 - 1 and win the 2014 Superbowl, one of the three he wins in a hall of fame career over the next 10 years in the NFL.

Matt Ryan will have a career year, the Falcons will go 11-5. Midway through this season, his 5th of a six year contract, it will become public that secret talks between Ryan's agent and the team since training camp had broken down, both camps claiming amicable negotiations yet differences still remain, opting to wait until the season is over to restart on finalizing a new contract. The Falcons make the playoffs........and lose in the first round after coach mike smith decides to go for a 4th and 1 from his own 18 yard line in overtime.

Offseason talks breakdown, and Falcons trade Ryan to the Eagles for a 34 old OT and a 2nd round pick in a sign and trade deal, who lost Michael Vick to a season ending knee injury the previous season. Falcons decide to start their 2nd year QB selected from university of Arizona in 2013, and go 9-7, all to the cheers of their HC and GM chanting "6 straight winning seasons, 6 straight winning season" at the year end press conference.

Ryan and Eagles go 15 - 1 and win the 2014 Superbowl, one of the three he wins in a hall of fame career over the next 10 years in the NFL.

don't be a downer. Matty will be a falcon for life

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

That would be our luck, and the exact reason, the haters need to chill on the Ryan hate.

Guest Gritz
If Ryan walks then so will i
Really?

As unlikely as this scenario is there isn't any Falcon, current, past or present whose leaving would make me abandon the Falcons.

Falcon fan for life....players come and go, but I'm staying until I'm playing checkers with Elvis.

Really?

As unlikely as this scenario is there isn't any Falcon, current, past or present whose leaving would make me abandon the Falcons.

Falcon fan for life....players come and go, but I'm staying until I'm playing checkers with Elvis.

lol and very true. I loved Vick, when he left I'm still a falcons fans first, a tebow fan 1a, and every other player 2nd

Guest Negatorris

I think the most realistic, and safe prediction to make is that Ryan's passing yards will increase by at least 500. Drew Brees got a lot of yards from screen passes, as did Newton. Add in Ryan hitting 4k passing yards WITHOUT screens, and I think he will be top 10 in passing yards this season.

Guest Negatorris

Matt Ryan becomes the first Falcons QB to have 30 TD passes since Steve Bartkowski had 30 in 1981. Bartkowski had 31 in 80. Matt has had 28 and 29 the last 2 seasons. Really think he could get to 32 or 33 this season.

He will have 40!! BOLD prediction me..

My predictions from the duplicate post:

1. Falcons will battle the Taints for first place in the South.

2. Harry will catch 45-50 passes this season; Gonzo will catch <60; Roddy will catch < 90; Julio will catch 75-85 for at least 1,300 yards.

3. Turner will have 5 or fewer 100 yard games, but RB production (including catches) will be more productive than last year.

4. Sid will have 8 sacks this season, at least half as an OLB in 3-4.

5. We will have at least five different starting offensive lines due to injury and/or figuring out matchups.

6. Spoon will be our defensive MVP; Julio our offensive MVP.

1. John Abraham will have 6 or less sacks.

2. Grimes will lead the league in INTs.

3. Turner will get no more than 250 carries.

4. Julio and Roddy will both reach top15 in yards and receptions.

5. Matty will be top10 in passer rating.

6. The OL will give up 30 or more sacks.

7. Weatherspoon will finish top10 in tackles and top5 in sacks of 4-3 LBs.

Falcons predictions:

1; Turner will be benched/injured and Jason Snelling will have a break out year and make the Pro Bowl. Turner will be traded for a low draft pick in 2013

2; Matt Ryan will grow a set in the playoffs and dive for first downs and hit deep passes and we will win our first playoff game.

3; Dunta Robinson will bump WRs at the LOS and shut them down and make his first pro bowl as a falcon.

4; We will have a top 5 ranked defense.

5; Mike Vick will be injured when he plays us, again.

NFL Predicitions

1; Andrew Luck will have a horrible rookie season and will not amount to a decent NFL QB

2; Tim Tebow will become the starter for the Jets and beat the Manning led Broncos in the AFCCG

3; Drew Brees will be the first player to make Madden cover twice and then have a season ending injury, bounties will be placed on Saints players, Curtis Lofton will be benched and the Saints will go 4-12

4; Cam Newton will regress and get arressted.

5; The Colts will go 1-15, only beating the Saints.

Really?

Me too Gritz, In fact I've already told my wife to bury me in my Falcon wear along with a Falcon flag draped on my coffin. I'll be jamming with Elvis long before you get there. I'll save you a seat at the red and black checker board with the Falcon emblem on all 4 corners.

Guest Gritz

Me too Gritz, In fact I've already told my wife to bury me in my Falcon wear along with a Falcon flag draped on my coffin. I'll be jamming with Elvis long before you get there. I'll save you a seat at the red and black checker board with the Falcon emblem on all 4 corners.

First round is on me brother.

I don't understand this desire to get rid of Matt Ryan. This is our franchise quarterback, I know it ,he knows it, & more importantly the f/o knows it. Matt in the 4 years he has been here is already on course to surpass every Falcon passing record that exist. He has a winning record, and continues to improve. His potential is limitless, plus I don't see a scenario in which we aquire this new,"better" QB. No one would just trade a franchise QB to us without us giving up the farm, with winning records we don't have the draft position to draft one, and there is no evidence that suggest that we would go after one in free agency, especially since like I said the front office believes in Matt. This board allows everyone to speak their mind & I respect that, but I would rather see us focus on how to improve the O-line & make the situation around Matt more condusive to winning, instead of "pipe dreams" of how to replace him. Matt is our QB, nuff said, lets find a way to win with him.

Really?

Unless he is replaced by an undoubtedly better quarterback. I went a little overboard with that statement but this is what I meant: if the FO were to consider letting one of the best QB this franchise has ever seen walk, then I will lose all faith in their decision making. I've always been a Falcon fan and I don't know how many more years of REBUILDING I could actually stomach. If Ryan were to leave bc of injury or total regression, then I'd understand. However, if he were to walk during FA bc the FO doesn't want to pay the man then I would lose hope.

I should've clarified my thought a little better on that post. I'm not a fickle fan. My apt bleeds black and red.

Edited by DaDirtyBirdGetsda1stWerm

smdh. I look forward to the season, Ryan, Cam, Freeman, Brees. Falcons have thier work cut out for them with all the good QB's in our division. I actuallly think we will see a return to 2008-2010 when 3 teams pretty much competed for the division all year long.

I could see Carolina being the team the struggles the most but not due to CAM, Cam will help them win games.

Bucs could challenge us as the #1 contender to the Saints.

Guest Gritz

Bucs could challenge us as the #1 contender to the Saints.

Could be, but a lot of high-priced FAs, new coaching staff?

A lot of things have to gel for them in order to get to the top of the division....

Could happen, but with Andy Reid at the top for the Eagles it didn't gel for them last year.