Kiss Playing Free Concert In Nola Tomorrow

Kevo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sucked in the '70s....and they still suck.......terrible man.

Kiss has been named in many "Top" lists. They include Number 10 on VH1's '100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock',[5] 9th on 'The Greatest Metal Bands' list by MTV,[6] number one on Hit Paraders's "Top 100 Live Bands",[7] 56th on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists Of All Time",[8] and 26th on Gibson's "50 Greatest American Rock Bands".[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_%28band%29

yea they sux lol

I think they hurt themselves by actually being TOO over the top visually, but most of their music, definitely up to Destroyer stands along with any classic hard rock IMO.

But over the years I have grown to despise Gene Simmons. Paul is still cool, Ace is the coolest and as great as I thought Peter Criss was when I was 13, looking back he is pretty average as a drummer.

But I could rock out to songs like Parasite all day.

I think they hurt themselves by actually being TOO over the top visually, but most of their music, definitely up to Destroyer stands along with any classic hard rock IMO.

But over the years I have grown to despise Gene Simmons. Paul is still cool, Ace is the coolest and as great as I thought Peter Criss was when I was 13, looking back he is pretty average as a drummer.

But I could rock out to songs like Parasite all day.

Man...Parasite was my favorite song when Hotter Than **** came out.

I played that record so much I wore the grooves out of it smile.png

listen to this whole thing and tell me its overrated for 1976

these guys created the LIVE SHOW

they had something very special

and they still do IMO

and I would like to think Rock and Roll is something I know a thing or 2 about wink.png

You obviously never saw the likes of Springsteen, Hendrix, The Doors or the Talking Heads if you consider that top notch Rock & Roll. Actually David Bern & Brian Eno don't quilify as true rock & rollers but the Heads in the early 80's were a tremendous live show and it wasn't about ridiculous costumes & Glitz, just like the others I listed, it was STRICTLY about the music! I'm surprised at you Shred!

You obviously never saw the likes of Springsteen, Hendrix, The Doors or the Talking Heads if you consider that top notch Rock & Roll. Actually David Bern & Brian Eno don't quilify as true rock & rollers but the Heads in the early 80's were a tremendous live show and it wasn't about ridiculous costumes & Glitz, just like the others I listed, it was STRICTLY about the music! I'm surprised at you Shred!

Talking heads in the 80's. All about the music and no ridiculous costumes..

Corbis-42-16922016.jpg?size=67&uid=9fc0a9ef-3e27-4d15-8a51-9fff61e15976

Ridiculous costumes have always been a part of Rock n Roll.

Alice Cooper had plenty of great songs and ridiculous costumes also.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the first, haha. tongue.png

yes but if medical studies are to be believed, due to many hazy years when I was in my college years, I have far fewer than average brain cells so that the actual percentage of my brain devoted to your hate is higher