Pete Carroll Seems Like A Pretty Smart Cat.

Big Bubba

I admit, it would be kind of awkward, a coach not even in the division, of a team not on the schedule last year, out of the blue going into a freestyle about Cam.

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has a new quarterback in Matt Flynn, the second-biggest free agent quarterback this offseason.

But Carroll spent part of his offseason – and about five minutes Wednesday morning on the final day of the NFL owners meetings – marveling at the play of Panthers quarterback Cam Newton during his record-breaking rookie season.

Carroll studied video of Newton over the winter to see how a quarterback with no experience in an NFL-style offense succeeded in a complex scheme to post the most prolific passing season ever by a rookie.

What Carroll discovered was Newton's success was the byproduct of “an extraordinarily rare athlete” playing in a varied scheme that played to his strengths. And as long as Newton stays healthy, Carroll predicts big things for him and the Panthers.

“Look out for those guys. Holy mackerel,” Carroll said at the NFC coaches breakfast. “If he can just stay out there, they're going to be a fantastic team.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

I admit, it would be kind of awkward, a coach not even in the division, of a team not on the schedule last year, out of the blue going into a freestyle about Cam.

You're starting to sound more and more like the fools on TATF (and one here in RC) that can't take their lips off Matt Ryan's behind.

You're starting to sound more and more like the fools on TATF (and one here in RC) that can't take their lips off Matt Ryan's behind.

My lips shall be chapped until the season starts.....and probably even more so if he elevates his level of play.

What you see as blind homerism, I see as fans of a team that just got what appears to be their very first franchise qb in franchise history, being extremely happy.....and just soaking everything up. A year or two.. good or bad, the commotion will calm down, from me anyway.

My lips shall be chapped until the season starts.....and probably even more so if he elevates his level of play.

What you see as blind homerism, I see as fans of a team that just got what appears to be their very first franchise qb in franchise history, being extremely happy.....and just soaking everything up. A year or two.. good or bad, the commotion will calm down, from me anyway.

its not blind homerism bro

you just some hard man love going on! lol

Who was that game against? WFW rests his case...LMAO

That game was against the defending world champs. But yeah, beating a perennial title contender is small potatoes compared to going 1&done against the eventual NFC SB representative in RC nowadays blink.png

Falcologic: hoisting the most potential Lombardis since the merger.

Guest Negatorris

Rule 7 Falconlogic.

Years of Opportunity don't matter when talking about achievement.

Too bad Cam hasn't achieved anything relevant.