Would You Believe Another Shooting? Well...

capologist

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/29/11-caller-arrested-after-california-cops-shoot-dead-alleged-armed-robber/?intcmp=trending

Pasadena, Calif. – Pasadena, Calif., police arrested a 911 caller Wednesday accused of fabricating an armed robbery story that led to the death of a black college student.

Kendrec McDade, 19, was shot dead by police in the city's northwest district at around 11:00pm last Saturday, the Pasadena Star-News reported.

Police were dispatched to the scene after a man, identified as Oscar Carillo, called 911 and said he had been robbed by two armed men who stole his laptop and backpack as he was buying tacos.

The 26-year-old claimed one of the men pointed a gun at him during the robbery, but police said Wednesday he lied to officers and that detectives now believe the two men -- who included McDade -- were unarmed.

Carillo was arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter.

Pasadena Police Chief Phillip Sanchez told the newspaper, "Mr. Carillo emphatically indicated a gun was involved... that is very important. It sets the platform for the mindset of the responding officers."

McDade was shot dead after he allegedly made a motion towards his waistband, Pasadena police Lt. Phlunte Riddle said. A second officer also opened fire in fear for his colleague's safety. Sanchez also confirmed the initial shots were fired from inside the patrol car.

The teenager, a football standout at Azusa High School, died of his injuries at Huntington Memorial Hospital. No gun or stolen laptop was found.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Office of Independent Review will investigate the shooting.

The McDade family's attorney Caree Harper criticized the move, saying that would be like having the "foxes guarding the henhouse." Harper, the Pasadena NAACP and the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California want the Department of Justice to launch a separate investigation.

Not one to defend over zealous cops, but ****, that's an awful situation to be in for them. They didn't do anything wrong in that situation and will probably be labeled as the enemy in this one.

Other guy needs to rot in jail for as long as possible.

Adjusted for realism.

You can't live your life in fear and paranoia like that.. Of coure you have to be careful and cautious and you're gonna be held to a different standards... But to say it's open season isnt accurate..

If you honestly feel that way shouldn't you bomb first?

I don't live in fear I'm just cautious. It's how black males are raised.

I don't put my hands in my pockets around police, I announce all my movements, I never let go of the steering wheel when I'm pulled over and I look straight ahead, I don't ask for badge numbers or otherwise sass off, and I don't frequent places they congregate in.

That's not based out of fear, my parents just raised me to know that cops get off on killing people that look just like me. So it's in my best interest to be cautious...never scared tho.

These cops caught a raw deal tho. Dude that lied should do time.

You can't live your life in fear and paranoia like that.. Of coure you have to be careful and cautious and you're gonna be held to a different standards... But to say it's open season isnt accurate..

I wouldn't call it fear, I'd use "heightened awareness." As far as "bombing first" I wouldn't ever shoot an elephant with a BB gun.

I don't live in fear I'm just cautious. It's how black males are raised.

I don't put my hands in my pockets around police, I announce all my movements, I never let go of the steering wheel when I'm pulled over and I look straight ahead, I don't ask for badge numbers or otherwise sass off, and I don't frequent places they congregate in.

That's not based out of fear, my parents just raised me to know that cops get off on killing people that look just like me. So it's in my best interest to be cautious...never scared tho.

These cops caught a raw deal tho. Dude that lied should do time.

I agree. I'd say not ALL cops, but I won't ever play the "Guess which cop is a good person" game...odds aren't in my favor!

I don't think cops get off on harming anyone. I think they react out of fear that has roots in racism.

I also agree with this statement! That doesn't JUST mean white cops either...Black cops can be equally piggie...and it's from the same fear that has roots in racism! Particularly older black men, a lot of the time are anti-young black males!

It's a catch22, I'd feel perfectly justified bombing first on any cop, but I'm a black male, no way I get away with it. No matter the circumstance. I could shoot a cop that I walked in on raping my mother and I'm certain they would still put me under the jail, let the cop walk, slander my moms, and quite possibly shoot more black males just because one of us shot one of them. Oh and that cop will probably get a commendation.

When you're black the cops are always justified in their actions, as long as you know that your less likely to do something to get yourself killed.

Sourdiesel you are getting warmer my son.

Not one to defend over zealous cops, but ****, that's an awful situation to be in for them. They didn't do anything wrong in that situation and will probably be labeled as the enemy in this one.

Other guy needs to rot in jail for as long as possible.

I'm not so certain that they didn't do anything wrong here. I know that they shouldn't wait until someone actually points a gun at them but at the same time they should be able to handle a situation like this without opening fire immediately if the person in question even moves in a way that they don't like. I BELIEVE they could easily have done something wrong here.

It's a catch22, I'd feel perfectly justified bombing first on any cop, but I'm a black male, no way I get away with it. No matter the circumstance. I could shoot a cop that I walked in on raping my mother and I'm certain they would still put me under the jail, let the cop walk, slander my moms, and quite possibly shoot more black males just because one of us shot one of them. Oh and that cop emotionally get a commendation.

When you're black the cops are always justified in their actions, as long as you know that your less likely to do something to get yourself killed.

This!!

Sourdiesel you are getting warmer my son.

He is getting warmer. Here's the rub, to think Black Americans are willing to stand up for themselves is indeed a laughable concept. If it doesn't involve marching and singing...forget about it. Some boot licking, buck dancing, "yes suh, massa suh" negro will come in and say "let god handle it"...or something to that effect!

Since there are about 20,000 homicides per year in the United States, no, I'm not surprised that there was another shooting.

You are truly a piece of work...

It's a catch22, I'd feel perfectly justified bombing first on any cop, but I'm a black male, no way I get away with it. No matter the circumstance. I could shoot a cop that I walked in on raping my mother and I'm certain they would still put me under the jail, let the cop walk, slander my moms, and quite possibly shoot more black males just because one of us shot one of them. Oh and that cop will probably get a commendation.

I have a black buddy who recently got harrassed and thrown in jail for JAWWALKING by a BLACK COP. Black cops hate on black folk pretty bad as well

He is getting warmer. Here's the rub, to think Black Americans are willing to stand up for themselves is indeed a laughable concept. If it doesn't involve marching and singing...forget about it. Some boot licking, buck dancing, "yes suh, massa suh" negro will come in and say "let god handle it"...or something to that effect!

Thats why they love sticking a mic in Jesse and fat albert face. They know those two are all about the marching and begging for acceptance.

As far as justice goes.....Those in the know knew back then

The justice system is a joke, and the acceptance of it to right the wrongs done to you is a slap of every person murdered under the brutality of it.

Thats why they love sticking a mic in Jesse and fat albert face. They know those two are all about the marching and begging for acceptance.

As far as justice goes.....Those in the know knew back then

The justice system is a joke, and the acceptance of it to right the wrongs done to you is a slap of every person murdered under the brutality of it.

Martin Luther King, and Ghandi (sp) disagree with you.

I'm not so certain that they didn't do anything wrong here. I know that they shouldn't wait until someone actually points a gun at them but at the same time they should be able to handle a situation like this without opening fire immediately if the person in question even moves in a way that they don't like. I BELIEVE they could easily have done something wrong here.

It's a very fine line here. They were responding to a call that involved, supposedly, a firearm. The only real fault is that they could have possibly done something different (just about anyone could do something different though), but given the circumstances and how the crime was reported, they acted accordingly. No way of knowing he didn't have a gun, and had reasonable suspicion to believe he did. All the fault lies with the guy who first reported the crime.

It's a very fine line here. They were responding to a call that involved, supposedly, a firearm. The only real fault is that they could have possibly done something different (just about anyone could do something different though), but given the circumstances and how the crime was reported, they acted accordingly. No way of knowing he didn't have a gun, and had reasonable suspicion to believe he did. All the fault lies with the guy who first reported the crime.

I can see you POV from a legal viewpoint. But I still think the policemen here are guilty on a humane level. I'm not certain that I expressed that the best way possible, but it seems to me that just because one person makes a statement about another group of people the police are not released from behaving in a cautious and responsible manner. I don't think they met their responsibilities in that area, to be honest. It just seems to me that the police could have found a way to warn these kids of the extreme situation they were being placed into and possibly prevented this.

I don't know enough facts here to say anything with certainty, I know. But this seems like a case in which a little bit of forethought could have saved the life of the young man who was killed for no reason whatsoever. The poilice ask for the jobs that put them into pressure situations and they have to handle it properly. The kids in that car did nothing to put themselves in that situation, and yet one of them was killed by an overzealous policeman (IMO).