Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

The original Rainbow Six games were first person, but you could toggle third person so you could check around corners. Rainbow Six 3 and its expansions were strictly FPV. Rainbow Six Vegas introduced the third person cover mode. Ghost Recon was strictly FPV up until Ghost Recon 2, which was third person view with the option for the old FPV if you wanted it.

• 3 weeks later...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS GAME! If I were single, I would pick it up lol. Unfortunately, my gaming is limited, and I already have too many new games. I don't need to add to the collection although the beta REALLY makes me want to. I love the cover system, and the sliding into cover and all that. Just so bad ***. Plus the customization features are the best in any FPS i've seen.

How do you get in for xbox? Or is it too late?

You need a beta key and last I heard they were going private with the beta so I wouldn't worry about it. It's just not that good anyways, especially on PS3 where it is completely unplayable for me. Could be different and good on another platform, IDK.

• 1 month later...

I actually picked this up on release day. Told the wife she would just have to get over it. I don't play it as much as I should because playing with randoms really sucks because they treat it like TDM. No one I "talk to" ever have a PS3, so i'm left rummaging the lobbies for guys who want to play.

The game with randoms and no mics is a completely different experience from playing with a group of guys that talk strategy.