Playstation Orbis?

This rumor has to be fake, this is console suicide for both Microsoft and Sony if they throw away used games and make people only be able to play their games online. If Microsoft and Sony do this, PC gaming will be #1 in gaming again and Sony and Microsoft new console will be just like the Dreamcast.

I hate these rumors, I swear I do. Click Here

I am going to guess that Playstation Orbis is the project name.

Edited by Skar

You hope at some point, PSN and X-Box Live will see all the cheap iPad software and take the hint. Nobody want to pay $50 to download a game you beat in 8 hours, then have to archive it or delete for the hard drive space. Get a clue Sony and Microsoft!

With the tiny hard drives they first come out with, it's madness.

nobody would buy the new gen consoles if they had the no used games system in place.

Yup, which is why I don't see them doing this but if they did, Microsoft and Sony will lose millions beyond millions and have millions of consoles unsold.

Yup, which is why I don't see them doing this but if they did, Microsoft and Sony will lose millions beyond millions and have millions of consoles unsold.

If I were in charge of either company I wouldn't even release the new systems to the public. If someone wants it, they simply place a special order for one and go from there

Wow, that is absurd. Sony and Microsoft didn't get to where they are by bringing such terrible ideas to reality. This goes well beyond retailers making profits off used game sales. It's a tradition going back to the beginning of gaming to share, borrow, rent, group play games.

This is just asking for bad publicity. There's no way this goes through. No backwards compatibility I get. Eliminating used games is just a bad, bad, BAD idea.

Sony and Microsoft won't lose money. People will buy the consoles regardless. People will complain at first. but they will just bite the bullet and deal with it. So long as there is Modern Warfare and Madden people will buy the consoles.

Sony and Microsoft won't lose money. People will buy the consoles regardless. People will complain at first. but they will just bite the bullet and deal with it. So long as there is Modern Warfare and Madden people will buy the consoles.

Oh people will buy it but sales will be nothing like this generation, think Dreamcast for example. It was a flop. If Sony and Microsoft put that anti-used game bs on their consoles, they will lose millions. Bank on it.

I really don't see that happening man... if this actually goes through to be a confirmed feature of the next generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles, people will be outraged. They are essentially forcing everyone to BUY games, even just to try them out. Most people don't buy every game they want to play... probably applies to everyone, actually.

I'm telling you man, this is a big deal to the console market... if they try to actually do that, it will be ugly for them. The idea is to allow people to experience and enjoy games, not handcuff the system to any limitation on that one singular goal. Eliminating used games effectively eliminates the element of discovery in gaming and it will trickle back to the cycle of development... it's already hard to sell games that aren't established franchises or from established developers. Imagine how much more when the only games being bought are blockbuster titles with a long shelf life.

Edited by Carter

I really don't see that happening man... if this actually goes through to be a confirmed feature of the next generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles, people will be outraged. They are essentially forcing everyone to BUY games, even just to try them out. Most people don't buy every game they want to play... probably applies to everyone, actually.

I'm telling you man, this is a big deal to the console market... if they try to actually do that, it will be ugly for them. The idea is to allow people to experience and enjoy games, not handcuff the system to any limitation on that one singular goal. Eliminating used games effectively eliminates the element of discovery in gaming and it will trickle back to the cycle of development... it's already hard to sell games that aren't established franchises or from established developers. Imagine how much more when the only games being bought are blockbuster titles with a long shelf life.

True. People will be mad at first, but they will deal with it. If Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft blocks used games on their systems will everyone jumpship to play games on PC? I doubt it.

You bring up a valid point about people only buying AAA titles. Since people will only buy AAA titles maybe that might force developers to make better games with a high replay value. Right?

I don't blame Sony and Microsoft for doing this. They are losing to money to places like Gamestop and etc. Gamestop takes no risk. They buy your stuff low and sell it high to the next consumer. I bet Gamestop is sweating bullets right now about these rumors.