Spoon's Contract

Creative

Decided to look up info on Spoon's contract, because I am in love with the guy. Lol.

Anyways, we signed him to a 5 year deal worth 17.5 million before the 2010 season. So, he still has 3 years left, for very cheap (considering his caliber of play).

We're in great shape. Ideally, we could extend is contract next offseason.. but there's really no point. Going to cost a lot in 2013, or 2015.

Moral of the story: he's ours.

Just a little more than 3 mil a year is pretty good for him. Hopefully he just keeps getting better and better, then cost us an arm when his contract is up. By then the cap should increase a lot anyways.

I'm thinking waaay too far in advance, but I'm going to be thrilled if we keep him around. Every penny we saved by letting Lofton go should help.

Edited by Creative

Yeah Spoon 2nd season play was def a bump up from his rookie play . He still needs to make impact plays like FF and get some INTS for next level I think the loss of Lofton is going to hurt in his gap control . Lofton and Spoon were starting to really gel with each other. Its going take time for Dent and Spoon .

Yeah Spoon 2nd season play was def a bump up from his rookie play . He still needs to make impact plays like FF and get some INTS for next level I think the loss of Lofton is going to hurt in his gap control . Lofton and Spoon were starting to really gel with each other. Its going take time for Dent and Spoon .

Spoon had more impact plays than all of the other LB's combined. Not only talking about stats, but momentum and energy. He lit that D up on manyyy occasions. Huge TFL's. Maybe I'm biased, but he's top 5 OLB already. PFF agrees.

Spoon had more impact plays than all of the other LB's combined. Not only talking about stats, but momentum and energy. He lit that D up on manyyy occasions. Huge TFL's. Maybe I'm biased, but he's top 5 OLB already. PFF agrees.

think PFF had him rated as 6th but yeah his play last season was def far cry from his rookie disaster ..He just needs build off that

Im hoping Nolan scheme makes him more attacking LB as well

Guest Negatorris

He's going to be worth a lot more in 3 years, that's for sure unless he starts declining, which I don't see happening. I'd rather pay him a big payday than anyone on the defense right now.

Julio's contract isn't much worse.4 yr/16 mil. His highest cap hit is slightly over 5 mil in the final year of his contract

Even better, Spoon's contract was front-end loaded, rather than back-end loaded like Julio's. Spoon's cap hit in 2011 was $4.3 million, which included a $3.8m Misc. Bonus. However his cap-hit for 2012 will only be $826,250, for 2013 it will be $1,147,500, and for 2014 it is scheduled to be $1,468,700.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/sean-weatherspoon/

Even better, Spoon's contract was front-end loaded, rather than back-end loaded like Julio's. Spoon's cap hit in 2011 was $4.3 million, which included a $3.8m Misc. Bonus. However his cap-hit for 2012 will only be $826,250, for 2013 it will be $1,147,500, and for 2014 it is scheduled to be $1,468,700.

http://www.spotrac.c...n-weatherspoon/

You are the man Prof!!!!!!