Draftnut57's 2012 Mock Draft With A Trade Down For A 4Th

Draftnut57

#3-068 OT Bobbie Massie 6-6, 310 Miss...if we pick up a FA then I think we will go with SS Harrison Smith. That is what I'm hoping for but if not we need to address the OL. I think Smith is one of the for sure can't miss players in this draft.

#3-086 DE Jake Bequette 6-5, 270 Ark....This guy reminds me of Brooks last year that I wanted so bad and I'm hoping he don't fly up to high for this pick. Just watch the film with him. I think he could be a 3rd round steal.

#4-100 TE Michael Egnew 6-5, 236, Miss....This guy is a very very good reciever and had a BJ of 10'11" , He is very good in traffic and can catch the ball with people hanging on his side and in his face. I like him better than Green even thou he will go first.

5th rd. RB/WR/KR/PR Chris Rainey, 5-9, 178, 4.40 Fla.....I want a speed elusive return man who can also be used in the run game as well. You can't tackle what you can't catch. That could help us win a few more games. He had by far the best 60 yd shuddle. That specks volumes.

6th rd. OLB Darius Fleming 6-2, 250 ND....Best deal at this point, Great player with highcharacter and production. Again tape him. projected to go in the 5th or 6th, I'm shocked but glad he is there. W need to always be grooming a good OLB .

7th rd. DT Markus Kuhn 6-5, 298. NCS..... I think this guy could be the steal of the draft, I pick best player available in a position of need. Very strong and athletic for his size. He's only here BC DT is the strongest position in this years draft. Also really like Baptiste but will go higher.

7th rd. OG Jeremiah Warren 6-3, 330 S. Fla,....Stout with big hands and enormous wing span, Could be full time starter within a year IMO.

Edited by Draftnut57

Like the TE pick. He definitely can add some weight to his frame.

Not a big fan of getting Massie. He will be a RT in the NFL more than likely and Clabo is locked in at RT.

I see alot are high on Bequette, but i wasn't that impressed from the video that i have seen on him to be honest. Nothing stood out to me. Will you post the link to the video that you watched? I also am not one who is against drafting a DE early regardless of the PT amongst other DE's. If Sidbury was/is that good then this kids playing time won't effect him.

Interesting draft- I like it and have some ???

Does the second rounder start at LT this year?

Why not a DT in either 2nd-3rd round? Did you just not have one you liked that high? Would love to get away from Smith's idea of undersized, quick DLinemen and get 340lber.

Would mean that Nolan has a lot of input and allow for flexibility. Might be the beginning of a transition to a 3-4.

If there's no trade down, which player do you take in the second? The OT or the DE?

Draftnut,

I always enjoy reading your mocks....I realize players can change positions in pros versus college but most of the NFL scouting stuff I have heard projects Bobbie Massey as a Right Tackle in the pro's. If the guy can play Left Tackle and play it at a high level - then I would have no problem w/ the pick - just have not heard too many who think he can.

Rest of the draft looks decent. I like Bequette and Egnew......I bet Egnew was excited about the BJ - especially if he got 11.2 of them - all in one day? :D

Draftnut,

I always enjoy reading your mocks....I realize players can change positions in pros versus college but most of the NFL scouting stuff I have heard projects Bobbie Massey as a Right Tackle in the pro's. If the guy can play Left Tackle and play it at a high level - then I would have no problem w/ the pick - just have not heard too many who think he can.

Rest of the draft looks decent. I like Bequette and Egnew......I bet Egnew was excited about the BJ - especially if he got 11.2 of them - all in one day? biggrin.png

g-dawg, I used you trade down that you figured out. Saved me some time BC I was already planning on doing that also. I made a mistake late last night , making this and trying to remember the numbers. Egnew had a 10-11 BJ and not 11-2. But that is still very amazing , if you remember last year JJ had an 11-3 BJ with a broke foot, but still the highest at the combine. And 10-11 by Eggy as they call him is an amazing FEET also..lol 10-11 was the third best this year if I recall corrctly. Eggy I think is and unbelievable receiver. I do reallize we may go CB with our first pick and I wouldn't mind that either because there are a lot of really good ones that will be there at 68. I really really like Casey Heyward and think he is very undrrated.

Bobbie Massey may just be better than what we have at OT, but would take Clabo's spot when his time is up.

Not sure I like the Rainey pick though. Good mock by the way.

Yeah, can't say that I blame ya , I have been working on this draft very much lately and I can understand why you would think that, But I would love to have a big time playmaker return man. And there is no doubt this guy is that. I really wanted a CB who could return also but Rainy is the best return man in this draft , a couple of extra TDs this year and an average of getting an extra 10 yards every time he returns adds up to more help than you can imagine when you add it all up for the year. It would just be another way of improving our Field position. I think we have been very below average in this area.

Maybe not below average in Return yards, but I want us to be at the top when it comes to that statistic. It can be the difference in winning or losing a couple of games a year. And that game or two could be what makes us the Div Champs with the bye in the playoffs or be a wild card again. Big advantage in getting that first rd bye.

Rainey will be gone by the 5th. The Patriots have interest in getting him earlier, possibly in the 3rd.

Well, one of the toughest things about making a Mock draft is trying to figure out where these players will go. PFW is one of the best and I went by their accesment. I didn't know that NE was interested in him but that ought to tell you something right there. That's a smart team that drafts very good year in and year out. I feel better about that pick now..lol. The way you can tell a good mock is when all the players you wanted end up going a round or two higher than they were projected. People just don't reallize the value of a great return man. I was so glad to see Weems go. I think he was the most overrated player in the history of this team. The team would make big holes for him all the time and he could never get sqat. We need to find another White shoes Johnson. And there are some, The cb Josh Robinson would be a great one to but we'd have to take him with our first pick.

Rainey will be gone by the 5th. The Patriots have interest in getting him earlier, possibly in the 3rd.

Florida_logo.gif Chris Rainey, WR/RB/KR/PR, Florida

Height: 5-8. Weight: 180.

40 Time: 4.37.

Bench: 16.

Vertical: 36.5. Broad: 10-0.

Arm: 30 3/4. Hand: 9 1/2.

Projected Round (2012): 5-7.

3/12/12: Rainey had a quality week at the Senior Bowl with his speed and receiving ability. At the Combine, his 40 time was actually a little slower than expected and he dropped some passes in the receiving drills. Rainey started out the season with a bang but tailed off in conference play. He was banged up and unable to maintain his productivity while playing injured. Rainey totaled 861 yards rushing with three touchdowns this year. He also caught 31 passes for 381 yards and two touchdowns.

Helping Rainey's draft stock is his punt-blocking prowess. He had six blocked kicks in his collegiate career. Rainey has off-the-field concerns stemming from aggravated-stalking charges from 2010.

8/19/11: Chris Rainey is a lightning-fast playmaker who has been used as a running back, wide receiver, and returner. Last year, he ran for 366 yards and two touchdowns while averaging 7.2 yards per carry, which matches his career average per rush. Rainey also caught 25 passes for 216 yards and three scores. He averaged 23 yards per kick return. It will be interesting to see how Rainey is employed under new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. For the NFL, Rainey looks like a slot receiver and special teams performer.

This is one of the best sites to use. And they have Rainy going anywhere from the 5th to the 7th. Just because NE is wanting him don't mean they will draft him a lot higher than anyone else even thou they may.

Completely agree man. My info on Chris comes from what hes being told personally. I see his Uncle once a week and we talk about it. He told me where both the Pouncey's were headed almost a month before hand so I certainly know he shoots me straight. The Pats have a thing for the players that played for Urban and showed they are willing to reach for one of them picking Cunningham much higher than most would have a few years ago. I also consider their 3rd rounder is almost a 4th anyway lol

Yeah, can't say that I blame ya , I have been working on this draft very much lately and I can understand why you would think that, But I would love to have a big time playmaker return man. And there is no doubt this guy is that. I really wanted a CB who could return also but Rainy is the best return man in this draft , a couple of extra TDs this year and an average of getting an extra 10 yards every time he returns adds up to more help than you can imagine when you add it all up for the year. It would just be another way of improving our Field position. I think we have been very below average in this area.

Rainey as a returner? Nice.

Completely agree man. My info on Chris comes from what hes being told personally. I see his Uncle once a week and we talk about it. He told me where both the Pouncey's were headed almost a month before hand so I certainly know he shoots me straight. The Pats have a thing for the players that played for Urban and showed they are willing to reach for one of them picking Cunningham much higher than most would have a few years ago. I also consider their 3rd rounder is almost a 4th anyway lol

Notice in the new post of his profile.. Projected rd drafted...5-7. Now I know just like they do.. nobody really knows where the players will be drafted. But I do see a lot of mocks that are clearly they take players much higher than the pick they have them at so as it looks like they have made and awesome draft when in reality there is no way that could happen. I try my best to make a very realistic draft and I never put a player in my draft that is clearly rated much higher than the pick.

I'm not a big fan of the first two picks, but the rest is good.

Well, I'm not a fan of having to take a Ol with the first pick either ,I'm really hoping they don't take an OL, we have a boat load of young OL already. I'd rather pick u[p one in Facy. and them us take Harrison Smith or Josh Pobinson, or Boykin, And I still really really like Casey Hayward a lot. And Tumaine is another player they may concider. , But as far as my second pick. I love that pick as much as any in this draft. WE may can get him a round latter but I really doubt it.

Florida_logo.gif Chris Rainey, WR/RB/KR/PR, Florida

Height: 5-8. Weight: 180.

40 Time: 4.37.

Bench: 16.

Vertical: 36.5. Broad: 10-0.

Arm: 30 3/4. Hand: 9 1/2.

Projected Round (2012): 5-7.

3/12/12: Rainey had a quality week at the Senior Bowl with his speed and receiving ability. At the Combine, his 40 time was actually a little slower than expected and he dropped some passes in the receiving drills. Rainey started out the season with a bang but tailed off in conference play. He was banged up and unable to maintain his productivity while playing injured. Rainey totaled 861 yards rushing with three touchdowns this year. He also caught 31 passes for 381 yards and two touchdowns.

Helping Rainey's draft stock is his punt-blocking prowess. He had six blocked kicks in his collegiate career. Rainey has off-the-field concerns stemming from aggravated-stalking charges from 2010.

8/19/11: Chris Rainey is a lightning-fast playmaker who has been used as a running back, wide receiver, and returner. Last year, he ran for 366 yards and two touchdowns while averaging 7.2 yards per carry, which matches his career average per rush. Rainey also caught 25 passes for 216 yards and three scores. He averaged 23 yards per kick return. It will be interesting to see how Rainey is employed under new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. For the NFL, Rainey looks like a slot receiver and special teams performer.

This is one of the best sites to use. And they have Rainy going anywhere from the 5th to the 7th. Just because NE is wanting him don't mean they will draft him a lot higher than anyone else even thou they may.

I like Rainey. Not a traditional player by any means. But a definite playmaker that can be utilized in multiple positions

Hey draftnut, posted this earlier, but you didn't notice it because I didn't specifically address you:

Interesting draft- I like it and have some ???

Does the second rounder start at LT this year?

Why not a DT in either 2nd-3rd round? Did you just not have one you liked that high? Would love to get away from Smith's idea of undersized, quick DLinemen and get 340lber.

Would mean that Nolan has a lot of input and allow for flexibility. Might be the beginning of a transition to a 3-4.

If there's no trade down, which player do you take in the second? The OT or the DE?

Hey draftnut, posted this earlier, but you didn't notice it because I didn't specifically address you:

I would get

Bequette where ever I would have to draft him. I like him best for where he will be drafted. I'm hoping we don't have to draft an OT but hope we pick up a FA if we need one. I really think that's what we will do.

I would get

Bequette where ever I would have to draft him. I like him best for where he will be drafted. I'm hoping we don't have to draft an OT but hope we pick up a FA if we need one. I really think that's what we will do.

OK, Yeah, I think we pick up McNeil or Bell after they realize they're not getting starter money.