Chase Ford Te Miami 6'6 260

cj85277

I would definitely take a flier on him. Almost identical size to Gronkowski. Gronk ran a 4.65 at his pro day (he didn't run at the combine). Walter football has Fords projected 40 yd dash at 4.69. Granted, I am not comparing his talent to Gronkowski, but he has similar size and speed and could easily put on more weight.

Ford isn't just a big guy either. If you watched him any this year you can see he has pretty good body control for a big dude. For a guy who will be available in the 5th rd or later I would definitely take a flier on him. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to spending our 4 or 5th rd and 6th rd pick on TE's similar to what the Pats did with Hernandez and Gronkowski we could do with Green and Ford.

Edited by Clark Kent

Arthur Blank says he'll pass

But he does wanna know where the Delta state community college players at? where are the Everest college players at?

These are the school's Arthur is about

Yeah because we have not drafted guys out of big schools like Boston College, USC,Alabama,Oklahoma or Georgia................ Oh wait we have.

Yeah he seems very raw. He only has 16 catches in 2 years, but from reports he went nuts at the senior bowl.

Yep and Senior Bowl is pretty underrated IMO. Geno Atkins went off in the Senior Bowl IIRC and i was hoping we would draft him cause he just looked like Babineaux 2.0 out there. Cinci gets him in the 5th rd 2 years ago and now he is one of the best 4-3 DT's in the NFL.

Yep and Senior Bowl is pretty underrated IMO. Geno Atkins went off in the Senior Bowl IIRC and i was hoping we would draft him cause he just looked like Babineaux 2.0 out there. Cinci gets him in the 5th rd 2 years ago and now he is one of the best 4-3 DT's in the NFL.

The best, according to ProFootballFocus and 2nd overall of all DT/NT. Had him in my final mock too.

But what was his vertical, 10 yard split and cone drill??

Give me a TE who has a great 10 and vertical and he can be more dangerous then a guy with a great 40

We need somebody who can stretch the seam. At 4.8, he is no faster than Tony G. But that's why I said I'd still take a flier. He is big and can catch. Maybe he surprises.

We need somebody who can stretch the seam. At 4.8, he is no faster than Tony G. But that's why I said I'd still take a flier. He is big and can catch. Maybe he surprises.

Josh Chichester is a lanky tight end/wide receiver who ran 4.6 at 6'6", 230 lbs. Other than the whole 40 yards, his numbers fare favourably to Brandon Marshall. I think he's underrated, currently projected to not even get drafted by nfldraftscout. Worth a late round pick, imo. I like him more than Ladarius Green.

4.63 40, 1.61 10 yard split, 37" vertical jump, 10'5" broad jump, 4.41 short shuttle, 6.93 3-cone drill, 14 bench reps.

Josh Chichester is a lanky tight end/wide receiver who ran 4.6 at 6'6", 230 lbs. Other than the whole 40 yards, his numbers fare favourably to Brandon Marshall. I think he's underrated, currently projected to not even get drafted by nfldraftscout. Worth a late round pick, imo. I like him more than Ladarius Green.

4.63 40, 1.61 10 yard split, 37" vertical jump, 10'5" broad jump, 4.41 short shuttle, 6.93 3-cone drill, 14 bench reps.

The problem with him is he can't block and is light. Add 15-20 pounds and he isn't running that 4.6 anymore. I'd rather take a flier on Egnew earlier in the draft. He has the measurables with the weight already packed on.

Adrien Robinson in the later rounds if we draft a TE. I believe he is 6-6 267 ran a 4.55 40, 11 3 broad jump, 39.5 vert idk bout his other meaaurables. Wasn't invited to combine.

10 1.61, 3 cone 7.1. They also have him listed at 6'4, but who cares the kid can jump out of the gym. To put his vert in perspective. Julio was at 34.5.

Those are REALLY good numbers. 4.63 isn't blazing, but anything below 7.0 in the 3-cone means the guy WILL get open. And if he's 6'6" 230, he still has frame to add more weight. Did he do the bench?

I like the film too. He's a decent blocker. A little more upper body strengh and a few pounds and the guy could be a good follow-up to TG.

Edited by since68andcounting

Chase Ford might be a nice project to develop under Gonzo but make no mistake...he is not Jimmy Graham. Graham ran a 4.5 40 and was a basketball star.

He77 I would be happy with a shockey type player(which is what I think he is), or even a KW( he ran a 4.5 so that is unlikely) type without the mouth.

Edited by N1985oles!