Why Was Matt Ryan Not A Reported Bounty Target?

Bohern

I am in a debate with John Kincade on Aurthur Blanks comments about him thinking Matt was a target of the Saints bounty system on Twitter.

John is saying that the Saints did not feel they needed to target him while I totally disagree.

Cam was reported because and in Kincade's eye's he was more of a threat in 2011 while Matt was not. Then I asked why Matt was not targeted on 2010 when the Saints went 11-5 and we went 13-3. One would think that with the division in the balance the Saint would have Matt in the cross hairs.

his thought's are that our owner should not have speculated that Matt was a target

Let's debate, your thoughts?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the Saints most hated rival, like Steelers and Ravens. Its gonna be a fight. It fits. Ryan Turner White where all probably targets, especially White.

Only names that could be proved where disclosed, you can bet there is a lot more names not mentioned.

We are the Saints most hated rival, like Steelers and Ravens. Its gonna be a fight. It fits. Ryan Turner White where all probably targets, especially White.

Only names that could be proved where disclosed, you can bet there is a lot more names not mentioned.

And Roddy was worth at LEAST a million dollars. ...I mean, this is according to Roddy, but I have no reason to doubt him.

Guest Negatorris

This went on for three years. I'm sure ALL the names were not listed. Turner, White, Ryan, AND Tony were targeted because they have been the only threat to the Taints since 2008.

In 2010 they probably had a bounty on White, Turner and/or Gonzo.

They probably knew Matt does such a good job of getting rid of the ball they couldn't go after him without making it really obvious.

But they definitely played to hurt people when we played them. Remember the no call spear on Reggie Kelly?

I cant lie..its a lil bit funny that they didn't think the Iceman was worthy of having a bounty put out on him. Guess deep ball accuracy is a requirement...

You can bet winning the South was worth some money. Taking us out would give it to them. Anyone who knows how gifts work know this is bigger than what it appears.

Thats the funny thing about gifts. Once you take 1, you have to take more. The person giving has you bent over. Thats why its illegal. Throwing games and gambling usually go with it. It happens every where just not in sports, even retailers like walmart do it and its even illegal there.

All the players who were bounties have not come out so it is a pointless argument.

My argument with Kincade is him speculating that the Saints did not deem Matt necessarily warranted or needed cause there was no threat from us. But yet with the division in the balance in 2010 Matt was not a target??

They reported only 4 names as being targeted, do you think that in 3 years they only targeted 4 players? Of course not, the NFL only released the names they were sure of.

People can make all the jokes they want about Ryan- falcons are a better team when he's the QB rather than Redman- Saints targeted him, and Freeman, and probably every single QB they played in those 3 years.

They reported only 4 names as being targeted, do you think that in 3 years they only targeted 4 players? Of course not, the NFL only released the names they were sure of.

People can make all the jokes they want about Ryan- falcons are a better team when he's the QB rather than Redman- Saints targeted him, and Freeman, and probably every single QB they played in those 3 years.

Was the same point I was trying to make to JK, it had to be. But there was just no evidence of said bounty.

But even a blind man at night could see if you take Ryan away from the Falcons that our chances to win the division go WAY down.

and considering we were in the fight for said division it is pretty easy to see that Ryan had to be in the crosshairs

God again with this?? Not even 90% of the names where released.

Agreed on the names not being released. This is more to do with John Kincade's tweets saying the Saint's feeling that Ryan did not need to be targeted. That is my real point