How Much Of A Tool Is Payton If He Appeals His Suspension?

ol'_dirty2

Sean Payton said he accepts the responsibility for bountygate and if he appeals it will be to Roger Goodell. Do you really think the commish will change his mind? No. However he will remember Payton's appeal and will hold it against him in the future. Maybe the player sanctions will be more severe.

I thought he was suspended for the season? If that's really the case then he shouldn't be allowed to do anything with the Saints organization during the offseason as well like meeting with Parcells, attending team meeting, etc. The suspension is starting to look like a joke a little bit. If he's really suspended then he needs to be banned from anything team related until the next offseason period!

I thought he was suspended for the season? If that's really the case then he shouldn't be allowed to do anything with the Saints organization during the offseason as well like meeting with Parcells, attending team meeting, etc. The suspension is starting to look like a joke a little bit. If he's really suspended then he needs to be banned from anything team related until the next offseason period!

Doesn't seem like it's going that route though.

Make even a bigger disgrace of the Saints. Keep drawing more and more attention to bounty gate. People will see this for what it is. A stall tactic. It will be called out and it will make him even look more crooked for trying to play a political game after already admitting he supported the NFL.

Let him draft, he wont be their to coach those players. :) and the media circus keeps on blitzing them.

Eventually he will force himself right out of a job. Whats funny is if they have a good run this year. The HC who is there can take credit for it and the Payton and his 8 mill contract could become replaceable.

If Payton was smart he would sacrifice this year. Go now so he doesn't get tacked on time and miss next years draft. Not to mention he doesnt wanna be around if the NFL finds more out while dealing with players. Walk away now and take it like a man.

Bring in a coach for 6 games until he can get his guy back to stand in for him. Then prey they have a average season so he makes himself look like he is the backbone of the Saints that cant be replaced.

There is a old country song talking about poker. Says know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run. Every move Payaton makes right now is being watched by the entire NFL. Its time to lay low and get out of dodge.

Sean Payton said he accepts the responsibility for bountygate and if he appeals it will be to Roger Goodell. Do you really think the commish will change his mind? No. However he will remember Payton's appeal and will hold it against him in the future. Maybe the player sanctions will be more severe.
his suspension doesn't start until April 1st

Payton is desperately trying to keep his job.

Not for this year, but for next year.

Putting his fingerprint on the hiring of an "interim" coach says it all..

He knows that if he can get Parcells to watch over his Saints this year that there's a good chance he can retain his coaching job. Everyone respects Parcells, and if he comes in with the intention of being a coach in Paytons' absence, it's better for Payton than if they promote someone from the inside like Spags. If Spags did well, there's a good chance Payton wouldnt be back at all. Parcells on the other hand would be more of a babysitter.

Payton: "Here, hold my spot, i'll be right back..."

Also the ruling wont change much for a bigger reason. Congress. The saints nor the NFL wants them up in their butts. Once they are there, they will stay and be a bigger issue. All sides probably wanna get this over but are handling it delicate to make sure congress stays out of it.

I think he will end up appealing it just to be able to work longer, but i hope he does not think it will change anything.

This was a 3 year investigation. An investigation where Sean Payton LIED to Goodell on several different occasions. There is no way he can actually think that his suspension is going to be lessened.

It's a stall tactic plain and simple. Goodell already said he's going to expedite the appeal, I would guess it would take less than a week to complete.

I mean how hard is this scenero...

Goodell- Is it true Mr. Payton that you lied to me and the NFL investigators on several occasions?

Payton- Why yes it I did Mr. Commissioner, but I..(interupted by Goodell)

Goodell- I'm satisfied with my original ruling.