I Hope They Get Prison Terms For This.

Serendipity

http://www.huffingto..._n_1382605.html

The Glad Tidings Assembly of God church in Middleton, Pa., has sparked outrage after a teaching exercise traumatized its youth group and left some with physical bruises, WHTM TV reports.

A shaken 14-year-old told the station two men came into the room with guns, pulled pillow cases over some of their heads, and pushed them into a van.

"They pulled my chair out from underneath me and then they told me to get on the ground," the unnamed girl tearfully told WHTM. "And I was the first person to go into the van. I had my hands behind my back they said 'just do as I say and you won't be hurt.'"

The "kidnapped" youth group was then taken to their pastors house, where it looked like the minister was being attacked.

The girl showed the station the bruises she suffered from the event, and claims the men laughed while she cried in the van.

Despite claims from officials that the incident was only meant to teach teens what it's like to be a persecuted Christian missionary, there could be serious repercussions for the church.

"It's actually quite serious," First Deputy District Attorney of Dauphin County Fran Chardo told the station in a seperate report. "False imprisonment of a child, someone under the age of 18, is a second-degree felony punishable up to 10 years on prison."

Since the teens never agreed to take part in the "lesson," church officials could be in legal trouble for the incident. WHTM also reported the man who "kidnapped" the teens was an off-duty cop, using a real, but unloaded, gun.

In the midst of potential legal ramifications, Andrew Jordan, the church's pastor, told WHPTV he will still continue to carry out this lesson, but he will ask for parental permission.

Prison terms is right. What would possess someone to do something like that in order to "show teens what it's like to be a persecuted Christian missionary"? If someone did that to those same adults, I'm sure they would be traumatized and press charges in a heartbeat too. Nothing about this is "lesson learning", and I'm sure these poor teenagers don't want to be missionaries anymore thanks to those idiots.

Edited by LadyCyanide

no chit....I would love to have been able to listen in on the meeting where they came up with this idea, decided it was a good idea, and then planned it

"Should we pop a couple of rounds in the wall to make it seem more realistic?"

"No, I don't want to have to repaint. let's just hit them instead."

"Should we pop a couple of rounds in the wall to make it seem more realistic?"

"No, I don't want to have to repaint. let's just hit them instead."

" Aight so it's decided, let us pray"

Yo Dago, every time we cone across a story like this we should post the picture of the little monkey doll as a general way to say something was a really effing stupid idea.

Does this tard seriously even think Christians are persecuted today?

in Jesus times, they were fed to Lions, sawn in half beheaded, tossed into ovens and crucified.

Today what is seen as christian by the numbed masses are running for president.

The main way Christians are persecuted in this age are by the idiots running around calling themselves christians who do nothing but spread hate and idiocy. They certainly aren't persecuted in any other way.

I hope these guys get an involuntary prison ministry.

Does this tard seriously even think Christians are persecuted today?

in Jesus times, they were fed to Lions, sawn in half beheaded, tossed into ovens and crucified.

Today what is seen as christian by the numbed masses are running for president.

The main way Christians are persecuted in this age are by the idiots running around calling themselves christians who do nothing but spread hate and idiocy. They certainly aren't persecuted in any other way.

I hope these guys get an involuntary prison ministry.

PP, just last week I met a minister from Iraq who had both halves of his hands (thumb/forefinger) cut off for apostasy 2 years ago. It was done by the locals unhappy with his growing church. If you are keeping score of what is going on in Egypt right now, it's another hotbed of persecution.

I'm not providing cover for whatever these folks did, but I do know that when people go on missions abroad, they prepare you (not in the way these folks did) for potential conflict.

PP, just last week I met a minister from Iraq who had both halves of his hands (thumb/forefinger) cut off for apostasy 2 years ago. It was done by the locals unhappy with his growing church. If you are keeping score of what is going on in Egypt right now, it's another hotbed of persecution.

I'm not providing cover for whatever these folks did, but I do know that when people go on missions abroad, they prepare you (not in the way these folks did) for potential conflict.

Im not doubting Christians get persecuted in Muslim countries. I am surprised when it doesn't happen. but that just backs up my point about real Christians facing real persecution.I'm also not doubting those guys out in " the fields" are true Christians. But in America, we are inundated with these talking heads who want to talk and talk, rarely even mention the name Christ and get richer by the minute in way of persecution.

And these clowns wanted these kids to believe that this was a real kidnapping on American soil for religious reasons.and they failed at every aspect.

To put it bluntly,if I hear that people were kidnapped and violently treated in America, my first thought is that its " christians" who are doing the kidnapping, not the ones being persecuted.

Im not doubting Christians get persecuted in Muslim countries. I am surprised when it doesn't happen. but that just backs up my point about real Christians facing real persecution.I'm also not doubting those guys out in " the fields" are true Christians. But in America, we are inundated with these talking heads who want to talk and talk, rarely even mention the name Christ and get richer by the minute in way of persecution.

And these clowns wanted these kids to believe that this was a real kidnapping on American soil for religious reasons.and they failed at every aspect.

To put it bluntly,if I hear that people were kidnapped and violently treated in America, my first thought is that its " christians" who are doing the kidnapping, not the ones being persecuted.

Let's just be happy that our battles are ideological in nature, and we're not chopping off limbs over it. Tolerance of others beliefs doesn't require acceptance of them.