We Are Pretty Thin At Safety

If you want a safety that can man up against the new breed of tight ends, the Rob Gronkowskis and the Jimmy Grahams of this world, you'll want George Iloka Boise State. We'll have to take him in the second though. Just bring him on instead of the nickel corner in passing situations. He's aggressive enough to take away the run too.

If you want a safety that can man up against the new breed of tight ends, the Rob Gronkowskis and the Jimmy Grahams of this world, you'll want George Iloka Boise State. We'll have to take him in the second though. Just bring him on instead of the nickel corner in passing situations. He's aggressive enough to take away the run too.

I like him he is a huge safety at 6-4' but I dont think taking a safety with our first pick is the best choice we just resigned Decoud and should give him a chance under Nolan's system

I like him he is a huge safety at 6-4' but I dont think taking a safety with our first pick is the best choice we just resigned Decoud and should give him a chance under Nolan's system

That's how I see it too. I think the Jets will take him in the second anyway, to counter the Patriots' tight ends. 4.6 speed at 6'4" is pretty rare for a defensive player. You could probably put him out as a corner on those big wide receivers in the redzone, where there's less space for the wide receivers to operate and work with.

The Giants employ 3 safeties quite regularly. In fact, them 3 safeties have played over 1000 snaps each. 4-2-5 is their true base D with Rolle coming down closer to the LOS. Iloka could play something similar.

Brandon Hardin is only an inch shorter, and has the special teams experience that backup S needs, since any S we take would be backup. He is also fasterthan most other safetys.