Proposed Nfl Rule Changes

I absolutely do not like the replays being decided upstairs. This is one step closer to the networks totally controlling the outcome of the game. They are close enough already.

At least now, that head ref has to go under the hood, make his own decision, and come back and announce it in front of a (potentially) hostile crowd. That means he has every reason to make certain it is a decision he can stand behind. But when there's no one individual accountable for the decision, especially when it's a "faceless" decision, there is no place to direct the fan anger should the call be obviously wrong.

It's been my experience over the years that usually the refs get the reviews right. They do a darn good job once they slow things down and look at them in detail. Its only the non-reviewable judgement snap-second calls where there seems to be an occasional problem. But I can guarantee that if this rule passes we will see multiple horrendous replay decisions, all conveniently favoring either the network "darling" or a closer game (to hold the viewers longer). Write it down. It will happen.

I think by pricing the hard core fan out of the game it became more corporate. So all the rules benefit that scenario. The average fan now is relegated to consumption of products and no say in a game we all love. If the money being thrown around doesn't convince you that the fans don't matter, nothing will. Salaries keep going up, so does the price of going to a game.

Sorry, getting disillusioned with it all. Dismounting my soap box now.

i dont know why ever since that d-bag Roger Adolf Hitler Goodell started runnin the show why rules have been changed constantly.

Some of the changes have been downright silly, but some have also been tweaks designed to get things down pat. The instant replay system has undergone many changes and has never been quite right. I'm glad they keep trying to improve it as opposed to letting it go unfixed or scrapping it.

i dont know why ever since that d-bag Roger Adolf Hitler Goodell started runnin the show why rules have been changed constantly.

like what? I mean the saftey rules are because the NFL is getting sued by former players and theres alot of negative attention. The goal is to make the game as safe as possible. I agree that they are going a bit too far in some cases (i still don't understand how to not lead with your helmet when you tackle), but its pretty obvious why these rule changes are happening