Do We Really Want

Do you really want to win the NFC South while the Saints are stripped down naked, and God lets hope they don't lose Brees. Hold one second before you come at me with pitch forks and torches.

Think about it this way, wouldn't the media and the ignorant Taint fans claim we won the division because two teams are rebuilding (Carolina, TB) and the Taints were K.O. this offseason? Thus, questioning the true impact of the new coaching acquisitions and player development. I see it happening. Look back at 2010 when we were 13-2 and the media still didn't see us as a threat. We had what 2-3 analyst put us in the SB that season. I'm still happy if we take the division but I don't feel like watching or hearing what the media and Taint fans gotta say. Thoughts?

WHEN we win the NFC south, other teams are gonna say all kinds of things, make up all kinds of IF ONLYS and BUTS, etc...WHO CARES? I follow what you're saying, but the Falcons haven't been a media favorite in a LONNNNG time anyway..win or lose, they'll have some kinda crap to throw around....

WHEN we win the NFC south, other teams are gonna say all kinds of things, make up all kinds of IF ONLYS and BUTS, etc...WHO CARES? I follow what you're saying, but the Falcons haven't been a media favorite in a LONNNNG time anyway..win or lose, they'll have some kinda crap to throw around....

I don't ever remember us being a media favorite. Must have been a really really long time ago! laugh.png

I don't ever remember us being a media favorite. Must have been a really really long time ago! laugh.png

Our Superbowl year and the season following it before Jam blew out his knee...

The Dirty Bird days. Even before then with Deion, MC Hammer, 2 Legit. We weren't media darlings, but we got a lot of coverage.

I think I want it more for our new coordinators and players like Dent, Edwards, and Dunta. So they can be compared and evaluated when the division is at its strongest. I understand every team is always in some sort of phase but I can see now we will be the champs, so I think the division competition this year is at a low.

Do you really want to win the NFC South while the Saints are stripped down naked, and God lets hope they don't lose Brees. Hold one second before you come at me with pitch forks and torches.

Think about it this way, wouldn't the media and the ignorant Taint fans claim we won the division because two teams are rebuilding (Carolina, TB) and the Taints were K.O. this offseason? Thus, questioning the true impact of the new coaching acquisitions and player development. I see it happening. Look back at 2010 when we were 13-2 and the media still didn't see us as a threat. We had what 2-3 analyst put us in the SB that season. I'm still happy if we take the division but I don't feel like watching or hearing what the media and Taint fans gotta say. Thoughts?

BTW I meant to type 13-2 bc we were seeded at the top before getting put out by the Packers. Just wanted to prevent trolling. Spot on Dtan if he is still around.

Here is what I think...

Saints fans, as well as other NFL fans, as well as a lot of talking heads, pundits, etc., will say we only won the division because the Saints were punished. To that I say...

We have already won the division once while both teams were basically the same. That means there is no proof we wouldnt have won it if the Saints had not been punished.

Do you really want to win the NFC South while the Saints are stripped down naked?

YES

The Saints are a very good team and wont just be crap this year because of the punishment they had handed out so far. Did anyone care who won the south title while Vick was in prison? No Someone has to win be it them us or bucs or panthers.

The Saints are far from crippled and got spags who is a very good coach himself. They are not just exploding because of Payton being gone.

That being said. I dont feel sorry if we do win it either. They cheated for 3 years! They are getting off easy.

Edited by danight

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Honestly I wouldn't care. Shi*t happens in football. We all as Falcons fans should know about rebuilding. I say win by any means necessary. all the time. I wonder if they cared when we were trying to rebuild after the Pigtrino mess.

Show no mercy. Eat them to the bone. In fact let's all vote Newton to the Madden Cover to get rid of all the competition what so ever in the NFC South.

Of course you'd want the NFC South title. This year and every year. Kick the Saints when they're up or down... it shouldn't matter. Who cares what Saints fans will say? At the end of the day, the winner gets the last laugh.

I couldn't care less if the Falcons were having a down year. I hope we beat you guys any time and any place. Should be a fun and interesting season.

I'm not really sure that NO is going to be much weaker. They have Spags who was just a head coach 2 months ago so now we'll see how much Payton means to that offense. Loomis is going to be able to basically do his job like normal all the way up until the final roster is made. Big whoop. They let Nicks walks and plug Grubbs in his spot. Vilma may or may not be gone/suspended but they got Lofton who is exactly the type of tackler they need. They lost Meachem but they still have a stable of receivers. Greg Williams isn't apart of their team anymore and its effecting the Rams more than the saints. Fujita, Porter, Sharper are all gone. So who's left? Harper,Vilma,Shanle?

I really only see the saints as missing a head coach for the year and a 2nd round pick. I definately wouldn't say for certain that the saints were out of it this year.