Curtis Lofton 790 The Zone Interview

atljbo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• He never thought he was going to hit FA. Thought his career would end in Atlanta.
  • Teams put a value on you and sometimes other teams value you more.
  • Atlanta will be alright because we have a great player in Dent.
  • Said he hated the Saints playing against them but he's excited.
  • The Falcons made him an offer, had great talks, we were the first team to make an offer. Couldn't come to a deal that served both sides.
  • Saints feel like it's them against the world, looking forward to going in and being a leader for them.
  • Saints rolled out the red carpet for him. Everybody who was somebody he got to meet.
  • Didn't care about the entire Bountygate thing because it didn't involve him.
  • Has a bad taste in his mouth. He laid it on the line, never missed a game, and is disappointed about not getting re-signed.
  • The Falcons never told him he wasn't a 3 down LB. They consider him a 3 down backer and told him he was a good backer.
  • One team offered more than the Saints, must've been the Bucs, but wanted to go to a team that has a chance at winning.
  • Feels he has the skillset to play all 3 LBer positions but plays best at MLB.
  • He wouldn't mind playing outside if Saints want him to. He just wants to win.
  • They asked him if he has a better shot to win a Superbowl with the Saints than the Falcons. Curtis Lofton told him, man, the fans are already mad at me, you want them to put a hit out on me? LMAO!
  • Bittersweet. Nothing but great things to say about the org, Blank, fans. Smittie is a great coach. Shout out.
  • It's a business. He had to do what was best for him. He eventually said yes though, the Saints have a better shot at the Superbowl because they have a great offense and their defense is going to come around.
  • People are trying to get him to say "Who Dat" but it still makes his skin crawl. He's not sure how it's going to feel when he puts the jersey on the first time.
  • He knows Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta. He stayed in the NFC South because it's familiar to him. He looks forward to facing the Falcons.
  • He knows the Falcons players, their brothers, going to workout with Roddy White and Sean Weatherspoon right now.

Guest Gritz

My loyalty is to the Atlanta Falcons......

No player, past, present or future will ever be more important to me than the team.

Lofton is no longer an Atlanta Falcon so he's about as important to me as Paris Hilton's dog groomer.

My loyalty is to the Atlanta Falcons......

No player, past, present or future will ever be more important to me than the team.

Lofton is no longer an Atlanta Falcon so he's about as important to me as Paris Hilton's dog groomer.

I actually care more about her dog groomer... I'm animal friendly after all lol

The one interesting thing is he kind of broke down the falcons rating system (coverage )

Average

Above Average

Superior

Elite

He said they put him in the Above Average slot.

But yea... Just the feeling of the interview.. It sound like We didnt value him at what he thought he was valued at.... Pat Yasinskas was pretty much right.. He said Lofton is a prideful guy (Lofton said that himself) .... he would go to another team because maybe his feelings was an little hurt

this is pure speculation on my part -

I bet the Falcons initial offer before Lofton tested free agency was probably like 5yrs, $28milllion.....

It would not suprise me if Lofton signed for less than what Falcons original offer was - I would think Falcons pulled the offer at some point.

Bottom-line, Lofton would probably still be a Falcon if he would not have overestimated his value. You cannot blame the guy for trying though.

I wish 790 guys would have asked him the question above - just out of curiousity - I doubt we will ever know what the Falcons offered.

So, it sounds like, as some have already suggested, that it WAS all about the money. He took the highest offer he could get from a winning franchise. He would have loved to come back here, but only if we met his asking price.This also makes it clear that the Saints paid him more than we offered, and I'm curious to see what they paid him.

But yea... Just the feeling of the interview.. It sound like We didnt value him at what he thought he was valued at.... Pat Yasinskas was pretty much right.. He said Lofton is a prideful guy (Lofton said that himself) .... he would go to another team because maybe his feelings was an little hurt

Well Dimitroff was vindicated by the market......Curtis Lofton, I'm quite sure, got nothing close to what he wanted ($8-$9million/yr). I bet he settled on $5million/yr with Saints......could have made that with Falcons - oh well, I'm glad we did not re-sign him - he was not worth the money in my estimation.

Saints short-area pass coverage will be gawd awful if Lofton plays outside linebacker.

So, it sounds like, as some have already suggested, that it WAS all about the money. He took the highest offer he could get from a winning franchise. He would have loved to come back here, but only if we met his asking price.This also makes it clear that the Saints paid him more than we offered, and I'm curious to see what they paid him.

Lofton said in interview that "somebody"(i.e. Bucs) made higher offer than Saints.

Lofton also said he thought he had better chance to get to SB with Saints than Falcons.

Guest Fibonacci

all I hear was money money money followed by sell out.

I cannot wait to do start a chant when Lofton shows up at the dome to play the falcons. I hope turner runs all over him, just like he did Ray Lewis.

so shall the chant be "Sell Out Lofton" or something else???