Dont Be Surprised If Grimes Gets Traded

bigjmw84

I believe BVG leaving was an addition by subtraction type of deal. Add Nolan and i think he will get so much more out of our D(espectially DLine). Our front 7 improving alone would make our secondary better. Robinson was a good man corner before coming in, but we payed him top dollar to play freakin zone. I bet Nolan has his eye of Franks. He has good size/speed, and is physical enough to interrupt receivers on the line. He was mostly a press corner at Oklahoma, and would do well at # 2. With the money saved, I would grab William Middleton to be our Nickel guy as well as drafting another in the 3rd(Boykin) since Nolan likes having a multitude of talented DB's. I have been a big fan of Grimes, but he will get abused at the line of scrimmage, and constantly in recover mode in this scheme.

I have been a big fan of Grimes, but he will get abused at the line of scrimmage, and constantly in recover mode in this scheme.

If there's one thing I can absolutely not stand it's the amount of people who would want us to shop/cut Grimes. The absolute stupidity of the thought of cutting our best DB to improve a "pass rush" is absolutely mind-boggling. Everyone looks at the Giants and go "Wow, that defense is great simply because of the DL", no, they are good because they have a great LB core, and a decent D-back field. If you would want to see an example of your "All-pro DL makes DBs play better" go look at the Lions. They are one of the worst ranked teams in pass coverage of 2011 and 2010. They had one of the best pass-rushes in the league.

You absolutely cannot lose your best in hopes of getting one tiny upgrade in pass coverage. It's absolutely ridiculous.

If you think that we'd even consider shopping Brent Grimes after Nolan has made it clear that he wants him here, and that he does care about the DBs play, then you need to step into the nearest Insane Asylum and check out once the 2012 season is over. You can't have a team where William Moore is your best D-back. It won't work.

Grimes is the best DB we've had since Deion Sanders. He's small, yet fast and can jump incredibly high. He's physical, he can read and inticipate routes like a veteran, plays zone and man coverage well, he almost always shows up to play, every single game and is a top 3 CB.

Nolan may be a defensive genius, but he is not a magician.

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

If there's one thing I can absolutely not stand it's the amount of people who would want us to shop/cut Grimes. The absolute stupidity of the thought of cutting our best DB to improve a "pass rush" is absolutely mind-boggling. Everyone looks at the Giants and go "Wow, that defense is great simply because of the DL", no, they are good because they have a great LB core, and a decent D-back field. If you would want to see an example of your "All-pro DL makes DBs play better" go look at the Lions. They are one of the worst ranked teams in pass coverage of 2011 and 2010. They had one of the best pass-rushes in the league.

You absolutely cannot lose your best in hopes of getting one tiny upgrade in pass coverage. It's absolutely ridiculous.

If you think that we'd even consider shopping Brent Grimes after Nolan has made it clear that he wants him here, and that he does care about the DBs play, then you need to step into the nearest Insane Asylum and check out once the 2012 season is over. You can't have a team where William Moore is your best D-back. It won't work.

Grimes is the best DB we've had since Deion Sanders. He's small, yet fast and can jump incredibly high. He's physical, he can read and inticipate routes like a veteran, plays zone and man coverage well, he almost always shows up to play, every single game and is a top 3 CB.

Nolan may be a defensive genius, but he is not a magician.

To much logic, whats wrong with you.

This is what I see happening. I see us playing a split zone / man coverage type of scheme. We will let Dunta play to his strengths and Grimes to his. One is a zone corner and one is a press coverage type. So I see us playing a split coverage depending on the match up and YES we can do this and it can happen.