Loomis Wants Lofton To Play Olb For The Saints.

Creative

Yep. Adam Caplan just tweeted some quotes from Loomis.. along the lines of 'Lofton can play anywhere at LB, make plays on the ball' blah blah blah.

I guess Loomis is inferring his ball hawking skills based on his 3 career interceptions.

But if Lofton does well for the Saints it will be just another sign BVG was never cut out to be an NFL d-coordinator

The only good thing for them is that they will have the best run d lbers in the league.

It doesn't work like that. Moving a natural MLB to OLB and expecting him to stuff the run? Not happening. Lofton doesn't have the speed, agility, or big play ability to be an elite run stuffing OLB like hmmmm, Spoon. I expect him to struggle a ton if they do go that route.

Loomis' statement

Curtis is a versatile, hard-working player that has displayed a knack for being around the football, and more importantly, making plays on the ball. He has the ability to play all three linebacker positions, and we feel that he's just entering the prime of his career

Wrong. Lofton is a good linebacker....but he is a MIDDLE linebacker.

Guest TheIdowu

I do not understand why Falcons fans are freaking out over Lofton's departure. He will be missed on and off the field, that is fact. It is unfortunate, but I trust our solid hire in DC Mike Nolan. It aint like he does not have any say in all of this. If he was rooting hard for Lofton, I believe we would still be creating threads discussing how much his contract would be. Bottom line: I trust this staff. I mean, HOW MANY TEAMS DID LOFTON HAVE CLAMORING FOR HIS SERVICES???? I miss him and am a little concerned over the void he will leave as far as production, but I aint gonna stress over this one.

I do not understand why Falcons fans are freaking out over Lofton's departure. He will be missed on and off the field, that is fact. It is unfortunate, but I trust our solid hire in DC Mike Nolan. It aint like he does not have any say in all of this. If he was rooting hard for Lofton, I believe we would still be creating threads discussing how much his contract would be. Bottom line: I trust this staff. I mean, HOW MANY TEAMS DID LOFTON HAVE CLAMORING FOR HIS SERVICES???? I miss him and am a little concerned over the void he will leave as far as production, but I aint gonna stress over this one.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say here. I don't think Lofton (especially at OLB) will be a huge gain for the Saints, or loss for us.

Lofton is now worse than an idiot. He's a taint.

It sucks to see a rival get a good player, but Lofton's value is declining. This is becoming a passer's league. The run-stuffing MLB who can't cover the pass is going the way of the dinosaur. We were never going to pay him big money, because he wasn't that valuable,