Curtis Lofton Signed With The Saints

and I will root against him twice a year too, but some of the hateful things people are saying to the man is uncalled for. We as a team and organization did not want him. But there is no need to go saying mean things to the man cause he got a contract with another team. Even if it is the Saints, this is a biz and if any of us were in the same shoes we would do the same to pay our bills.....

Lofton was all about the money, he wasn't worth that kind of money so we just let him walk. Saints is going to need a LB once Goodell starts suspending players on defense.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lofton did what was best for HIM. Not trying to defend this cause it sucks. But if the Falcons didnt pay him what he wanted if your job didnt pay you what you wanted and someone else did would you stay for LOYALTY that makes me...LOL... It sucks but I truly Understand. I want go as far as to wish him good luck but NO Hate from Me.

Listen up all Saints fans - if we wanted Lofton back, he'd be back. You're taking our reject, remember that.

Your first choice was Tatupu and you tried to sign him first. It makes sense. He was our first choice, too. We like him better than Lofton and chose him over Lofton. This left Lofton free to sign with your team.

The thing was, Lofton apparently didn't want to rush to sign with your team. That's why it took him so long. He wanted to come back. We didn't want him back. He's too much a liability on 3rd downs. You'll see this soon enough.

So, in short, congratulations on landing our reject.

Well I for one hope Lofton squeezed every dime he could from the Saints since they must have paid more than the Bucs.

For him to sign there with all the uncertainty with Payton being gone for the year and the player suspensions coming up... They must have convinced him to sign with $$$$$.

I just hope they didn't lie to him about how and when the money will be paid... After all Payton and Loomis do have a history of not being truthful.

Guest TheIdowu

Here is my take:

There will probably be about 360 guests on the AFMB for the next few hours. Most of these 360 guests will be the swamp zombies from aintsreport. Many of them probably feel we want to jump off a cliff; and, there may indeed be some among us that desire to do so. I AINT ONE OF THEM!!!! It is not like Lofton was a Lewis, Willis type. DO not get it twisted. I am sad to see him go. He was great in run stopping and a great two-down backer. HOWEVER, I trust our new DC Nolan and feel he knows what is best for our defense. I am not worried one bit. THe aints can have him. I am not bitter against Lofton or mad at him. As I said before, we know his glaring weakness. . . . .PASS COVERAGE

Couldn't even go outside the division? I would have him rather been a Panther or Buc, but the Saints?

Come on Lofton, after the **** they pulled in our dome, after the bounty #######, and most of all after knowing they are the most hated rival, you STILL join them? Where is the dignity?

Money talks I suppose.

People were shoving him out the door months ago. Why the outrage now? The man wants to get paid like any other player after their measly rookie contract expires. Other than one player the MLB market was soft and the Saints are desperate because it sounds like Vilma won't be around so they probably over paid.

Couldn't even go outside the division? I would have him rather been a Panther or Buc, but the Saints?

Come on Lofton, after the **** they pulled in our dome, after the bounty #######, and most of all after knowing they are the most hated rival, you STILL join them? Where is the dignity?

Money talks I suppose.

I don't know how in this case; The Saints have less cap room than we do.

Guest Negatorris

The Saints fans will suddenly weep again when Gonzalez and all the other NFCS TEs tear them up in the next 5 years, lmao.

Listen up all Saints fans - if we wanted Lofton back, he'd be back. You're taking our reject, remember that.

Your first choice was Tatupu and you tried to sign him first. It makes sense. He was our first choice, too. We like him better than Lofton and chose him over Lofton. This left Lofton free to sign with your team.

The thing was, Lofton apparently didn't want to rush to sign with your team. That's why it took him so long. He wanted to come back. We didn't want him back. He's too much a liability on 3rd downs. You'll see this soon enough.

So, in short, congratulations on landing our reject.

I was under the impression that the Saints worked out Tatupu and let him leave town without even offering a contract. I may be wrong and will look at any proof of the contrary that you can provide...I mean you are the Voice of Reason.