Saints Against The World

NCFalcon52

As I was reading an article from profootballtalk.com I was thinking about how this year might be different for Falcons and how the attitude of saints players might help us win the division.

Here is the article...... I added a few comments myself.

Saints’ Zach Strief: This season it’s us against the world

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 24, 2012, 7:01 AM EDT

As more Saints players weigh in on the yearlong suspension of their head coach, Sean Payton, two things are becoming clear: Saints players think Payton’s punishment is excessive, and they want to rally around him this season.

** So does that mean they are sitting out the season. I hope they rally around him when they play the Falcons because they wont be at the game if they do.***

The latest player to weigh in is offensive lineman Zach Strief, who said his teammates will be motivated more than ever by what they view as unfair treatment of Payton.

“This season is going to take on an us-versus-the-world mentality,” Strief told the Associated Press. “The perception at this point is not positive with us. We’ve worked very hard, I know as players, to gain respect, not only as a good team but as a good group of guys. That perception will go completely out the window now, and I think that’ll be kind of a rallying cry for us.”

**** just out of curiosity....why is it the saints against the world....oh yeah..they put out a bounty against the world. You did this to yourselves when you tried to take out the world.*******

Strief said that people picking against the Saints this year are going to find that they’re more fired up than ever.

******Let's see how long this lasts when they don't have their head coach leading them and the other teams are mire fired up playing them. I know the Falcons and every other team will want to win against them.*****

“It will give us a chance to kind of come together closer than we’ve ever been and say, ‘Look, nobody wants us to even win anymore, and we’re going to win for each other, and for coach Payton and Mickey and the guys that essentially took this fall,’” he said.

****If this is all you have to motivate you good luck. I would be frustrated as a falcon Fan if our falcon players said they were going to win for a coaches who deserve to not coach because they did something wrong. It is not like Sean Peyton is sick or something. Really we are going with, we are going to win for people who got caught cheating and breaking the rules....****

The absence of Payton may serve as motivation for the Saints during the offseason. Once the season starts, missing Payton is going to hurt.

***** The saints may be fired ip to play first game....maybe the second, but I will tell you it song last and they don't make the playoffs. The Falcons will be sitting in first place if we keep focused and no major injuries.

Edited by NCFalcon52

This is a full circle kind of situation. The league polices players. However, make no mistake, the players police players. The players know more than we do when it comes to who did what, when and where. If you were involved, the offensive players around the league know it.

If your a Saint, or if you were ever coached by GW, best worry less about public perception and more about keeping your head on a swivel.

LOL. It should always be "us against the world". Not just that, but if you need something to rally around to motivate you to play well, why are you cashing those game checks? I'll bet nobody negotiated their salary under the pretense that they'll try to play hard if they feel like it that day.

With that being said, we cannot sleep on this bunch of cheaters or the Panties and Tampon Bay. Screw the Taints.

I love how they cheat for years, get caught and are still lookin for pity. Pathetic!

They are trying to make it seem like they are victims because their coach got suspended. They say that they got punished too severely...that shows me they didn't get hit hard enough. Some players don't realize they did anything wrong.

Edited by NCFalcon52

Guest Negatorris

The Saints are just trying to flip it around and make it seem like they're the victims and absolutely NOBODY is buying it. It's pathetic really. Karma will hit them hard next season.

They are trying to make it seem like they are victims because their coach got suspended. They say that they got punished too severely...that shows me they didn't get hit hard enough. Some players don't realize they did anything wrong.

They have players saying that there was no bounty system after Payton, Loomis, and Williams fessed up to it. I love it because it makes them look as much like liars and whiners as they are cheaters.

They have players saying that there was no bounty system after Payton, Loomis, and Williams fessed up to it. I love it because it makes them look as much like liars and whiners as they are cheaters.

I dont know if Sharper will ever get his story straight, he has told so many different ones now. He just needs to quit trying

Those arrogant Saint bandwagoners need a lesson in humility and the longer this keeps up we'll see how well that bravado holds up . This is only the start of the heat their about to get .

I want those those a** wipes to know what it's like to have to sit through a scandal like Vick / Petrino , when your team is dragged through the mud on a nightly basis by the media .

But my guess is that they don't have the stomach for it , that by October a good portion of them would've found another team to root for .

I'm pretty sure it was taints against the world, but I'm not so sure the world was against the taints. Biiig difference. These tools brought this crap upon themselves.

They need better role models, but... In that toilet bowl of a city, the role model is the turd that floats.