Sean Payton Releases Comment To Taints Fans

big_D

In a short press release posted on 3/23/12 on their site:

"whodatzone", of which I have been following to keep lol,

Payton says : " I take full responsibility" and follows up with "I will be more vigilant in the future". My first comment is who else could shoulder the blame? Secondly, he will be more vigilant in the future? WTF? What is that supposed to mean? Make it sound like he didn't know about it and if he were more atuned to his team he would have stopped the practice immediately? Believe it or not Taints fans, and I guess underdtandibly so, are flooding the site with praise and admiration. They post that the team will be as strong as ever and will again be a championship team. After the other shoe falls on the players involved, they will have to recruit from the fan base, stadium vendors, parking lot attendants and seating ushers to have sufficient number of players on their roster. Let us know your feelings on his attempt at soft soaping this fiasco.

You're right. "More vigilant" doesn't suggest contrition. Could mean he'll watch the inmates more carefully. Could mean he'll do a better job of covering it up. What he should have said was "I did the crime, now I'll do the time and be very thankful if Mr. Benson has a position for me in 2013"

Agree mf...and I mean that as your nick...not as an insult :lol:

Williams did the 'main' crime...but he has been more upfront and remorseful since. Sure he had to be caught first to do so. But Payton was caught as well...and has projected a different reaction.

Saying 'I take full responsibility' are just words to insult the non-intelligent when followed up with 'vigilance'. He is trying to say the right thing while saying he wasn't aware of the wrong thing.

I've seen more contrite statements...from Greg Williams among others.

You're right. "More vigilant" doesn't suggest contrition. Could mean he'll watch the inmates more carefully. Could mean he'll do a better job of covering it up. What he should have said was "I did the crime, now I'll do the time and be very thankful if Mr. Benson has a position for me in 2013"

Maybe "More Vigilant" mean's he'll never stop against evil because he thinks the Saints are Superheroes and the NFL are the villians.

He has to take "full responsibility" now, because the crime & punishment has already took place. If he wanted to take full responsibility,he would have stopped it when it was first bought to his attention. facts show that he & other management denied that this was even going on, They could have delt with this situation long ago, but Sean Payton like so many thought that he could put this off on "everybody's doing it" i had no ideal this was going on, but they needed to make examples out of this , just like they had to make an example of Vick.It may sound harsh, but not telling the whole truth to Goodell is gonna catch you in the end, especially when so many bigger issues can potentialy can be on the table. Needless to say I have no sympathy to their situation,,they could lay the table for that situation to go right past them.

Not to get political, but reminds me of Clinton's " Depends on what the definition of is is".

This fulfills the technical definition of apology, but not the true spirit of remorse. Started a thread in RC about whether or not Payton would get caught "coaching from a distance". I thought odds were about 50-50 he would. This "apology" makes me think it's 70-30 that he'll try to get away with that.

So he's going to be more vigilant about lying to Goodell in the future? Okay. It sort of sounds like an apology... so who cares?

I don't expect anyone NOLA-related to do anything I'd consider honorable. Their worldview seems to differ from most. Then again, the area has one of the highest violent-crime rates in the nation. What's normal there is abhorrent elsewhere.

WHODATZONE UPDATE:

They posted an espn press release from Denver. Denver just signed a cb from the Taints by the name of Tracy Porter who during an interview was asked about the bounty program. Porter told espn there was no such thing to his knowledge. How do some still refuse to admit it. Oh wait, their coach took the blame for it but in the letter to the fans, Payton said when he comes back, he'll need to be more observant. WTF is wrong with these people.? To make contradictory statements like they are doing comes only from people who are either drunk, sick or crazy.

Checked the forum again to see what's on their pea sized brains. If you remember the Tebowmania in Denver, the whodatzone is litteraly smoking with excitement over Loftin.

You could call it Loftinmania. They truly believe that their prayers for a dream lb has been answered. They even post about Loftins alleged bad knees was a nasty lie and rumor started by a Falcon fan sneaking into their forum. I don't think there is a bit of truth to that.