Falcons Rapid Reports

theProf

Latest Falcons RapidReports

LS Zelenka re-signs with Falcons

by Knox Bardeen, CBSSports.com

LS Joe Zelenka re-signed with the Falcons on Friday, according to a team source. Zelenka has handled the long-snapping duties in every Atlanta game for the past two seasons.

25 minutes agoCBSSports.com

DT Walker signs tender with Falcons

DT Vance Walker received a $1.26 million tender offer on March 13 from the Falcons and signed it Friday. Playing in all 16 regular season games last season, Walker forced one fumble, had a fumble recovery and had two sacks.

36 minutes agoCBSSports.com

Report: Falcons met with East Carolina QB Davis

According to College2Pro.com, the Falcons met with QB Dominique Davis on Thursday after East Carolina’s pro day. Davis threw for 3,225 yards last season and 25 touchdowns, and before transferring to East Carolina was a redshirt freshman at Boston College behind current Atlanta QB Matt Ryan.

5 hours agoCBSSports.com

Draft site predicts Falcons to pick Boise St. RB Martin

In its latest mock draft, WalterFootball.com took Boise State RB Doug Martin with Atlanta’s second-round pick. While I don’t agree that RB Michael Turner “doesn't have anything left in the tank”, I believe Atlanta might address the future at running back in 2012. I just don’t think it’ll happen in the second round.

5 hours agoCBSSports.com

Draft service predicts Falcons will take Clemson TE Allen

In its latest mock draft, Drafttek Sports Information selected Clemson TE Dwayne Allen with Atlanta’s second-round pick. After 50 catches and eight touchdowns last year, Allen left Clemson early for the draft. He’s a good blocker but a much better receiving TE prospect.

5 hours agoCBSSports.com

21 teams attend Louisiana-Lafayette TE Green's pro day

There were 21 teams on hand for TE Ladarius Green’s pro day workout at Louisiana-Lafayette on Tuesday. Scout.com also reported that the Falcons will put Green through a private workout later in the day. Green improved his bench press by one rep from the NFL Combine and caught 30 passes with no drops.

2 days agoCBSSports.com

There are no high-potential tackles in the late second this year. I wouldn't mind the Doug Martin pick, him or a TE, and then Brandon Brooks in the third, Brandon Boykin in the fifth...yeah.

Thats unfortunate, I was hoping there would be a second round sleeper we could take at OT....