Pat Robertson: Manning Injury Would Serve Broncos Right

rightsaidfred

Pat Robertson: Manning injury would serve Broncos right

http://xfinity.comca...Manning.Injury/

Pat Robertson, televangelist and a leader in the Christian Right movement, said the Denver Broncos treated Tim Tebow "shabbily," adding an injury to the team's new quarterback Peyton Manning "would serve them right."

Robertson came to the aid of the devoutly religious Tebow after the unconventional signal caller was shipped off to the New York Jets in a late evening trade with Denver on Wednesday.

"The Denver Broncos treated him shabbily," Robertson said on "The 700 Club."

"He won seven games, he brought them [Denver] into the playoffs, for heaven sakes. I mean, they were a nothing team. He rallied them together with spectacular last-minute passes and, you know, when they beat Buffalo — I mean, Pittsburgh, excuse me — it was a tremendous victory."

Robertson, who also came to Tebow's defense in December by blasting a "Saturday Night Live" parody that featured Jesus visiting the NFL star in the Broncos' locker room, chided Denver for signing four-time MVP Manning despite his missing all of last season after a series of offseason neck surgeries.

"And you just ask yourself, OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right," he said.

Tebow, who has become one of the most polarizing players in NFL history partly due to his devout Christian faith, led Denver on an improbable run to the AFC West title last season after the team started the season 1-4.

But the former Heisman Trophy winner's 46.5 completion percentage last season placed significant doubt on his ability to become a prototypical NFL quarterback.

------------------------------------------------

Nah...........

I am a Christian. Even a conservative Christian. There have been times when Robertson has taken a stand and been ridiculed for it, and I actually support his position.

But, this isn't about TT's faith. This is the business of football. Elway had said that TT was his guy and would be his starter. But then, you have the opportunity to sign Manning. And - Manning has his choice of teams. Manning chose Denver. What do you do if you're Elway? Man - you gotta sign Peyton Manning!!

Sure - his injury could flare up. He could be hurt in preseason and never take a snap. But all things being equal, once Manning is on board, you give Tebow a chance to go somewhere that he has a legitimate chance to play. DEN is not going to game plan for Manning and have a few wildcat plays in the book just to get TT into the game.

I support Tebow's willingness to take a stand and publicly profess his faith. And I don't see this as an affront at all. Elway didn't lie and he didn't sandbag anyone. Peyton Manning fell to the Broncos and it made Tebow expendable. If TT was not such an outspoken Christian, Robertson would have had no comment.

If TT was not such an outspoken Christian, Robertson would have had no comment.

AIDS is a punishment from God? Haiti deserved an earthquake because Haitians made a pact with the Devil? A serious injury to Manning just might be God's will?

The world would be a better place if Robertson had nothing to say at all.

I can't agree with this. I am a Christian but in no way or form do I agree with this. That being said I really don't see the Broncos being that much better than they were last year. I see them once again right in that 8-9 win range. Manning hasn't played a competitive game of football since losing a playoff game after the 2010 season in January of 2011. He won't play another real competitive game of football till September of this year. That's almost an entire year without playing 4 quarters of football. It's going to take him a while to get back into football shape. Add in the fact that anytime a football player goes to the Broncos the one thing they all say is that's a huge adjustment getting used to the thin air and how much harder it is to get your breath back after getting winded. Peyton will also have to adjust to that too. Peyton's skill set will not be as good as it was in 2010 before he had the surgeries. Adam Sheffler said last night the Broncos were going to win 12 games. I nearly fell off my couch.

They were talking about ARI and Kevin Kolb on NFLN. Saying that the Cardinals had courted Manning, and had he come there, Kolb would have been moved somewhere else. The story was kind of tongue in cheek about how now Wisenhunt now has to smooth things over with Kolb and assure him that he's their guy. But it made me realize that if ARI had gotten Manning and Kolb had been traded, Robertson wouldn't have cared a bit. Sometimes we need to think before we speak...................wacko.png

They were talking about ARI and Kevin Kolb on NFLN. Saying that the Cardinals had courted Manning, and had he come there, Kolb would have been moved somewhere else. The story was kind of tongue in cheek about how now Wisenhunt now has to smooth things over with Kolb and assure him that he's their guy. But it made me realize that if ARI had gotten Manning and Kolb had been traded, Robertson wouldn't have cared a bit. Sometimes we need to think before we speak...................wacko.png

Kolb needs to just suck it up. He just got paid a huge bonus. Money sloves everything right? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Robertson's dangerous because of his influence over the feeble-minded and there's a lot of those in America. That being said, I find the Tebow trade to be fine, definitely the right thing to do after acquiring Manning.

But...I find Elway in particular to be an ungrateful lout for how begrudgingly he had to give credit to Tebow. So what if he didn't think Tebow was the future. It's quite possible if Tebow had not replaced Orton and won a division and one more playoff game than Ryan has in three tries, then the Broncos might have lost 10-12 games and Manning may never have given them serious consideration. Gratitude, embrace it

In the Marquis de Sade's Juliette, published in 1797 (trans. Austryn Wainhouse, 1968), Sade uses the term in a scene where Juliette explains to King Ferdinand the consequences of his policies:

Though nature lavishes much upon your people, their circumstances are strait. But this is not the effect of their laziness; this general paralysis has its source in your policy which, from maintaining the people in dependence, shuts them out from wealth; their ills are thus rendered beyond remedy, and the political state is in a situation no less grave than the civil government, since it must seek its strength in its very weakness.

Your apprehension, Ferdinand, lest someone discover the things I have been telling you leads you to exile arts and talents from your realm. You fear the powerful eye of genius, that is why you encourage ignorance.

This opium you feed your people, so that, drugged, they do not feel their hurts, inflicted by you. And that is why where you reign no establishments are to be found giving great men to the homeland; the rewards due knowledge are unknown here, and as there is neither honor nor profit in being wise, nobody seeks after wisdom.

I have studied your civil laws, they are good, but poorly enforced, and as a result they sink into ever further decay. And the consequences thereof? A man prefers to live amidst their corruption rather than plead for their reform, because he fears, and with reason, that this reform will engender infinitely more abuses than it will do away with; things are left as they are.

Nevertheless, everything goes askew and awry and as a career in government has no more attractions than one in the arts, nobody involves himself in public affairs; and for all this compensation is offered in the form of luxury, of frivolity, of entertainments.

So it is that among you a taste for trivial things replaces a taste for great ones, that the time which ought to be devoted to the latter is frittered away on futilities, and that you will be subjugated sooner or later and again and again by any foe who bothers to make the effort.

• 3 weeks later...