If He Is There At #55, I Say We Go Rb

jfalconsp

Doug Martin. For some reason I just keep coming back to the possibility he is there at #55 and is a guy I would love to see in black and red in Atlanta. Looks like the perfect 3 down back who can tear it up the middle but also has the cuts to break away in the open field. He can also catch the ball and would be a great receiver, lots of versatility here. Not sure how he was ever ranked behind Lamar Miller or David Wilson. I know we already have Snelling and Rodgers but I feel like he could be a nice replacement for Turner in the next year or two.

Thoughts? I really don't think we have that many outstanding needs and he would be a nice BPA pick. The TE class is weak and I feel like Fleener and Charles will both be gone by our pick, better to just wait until next year to get our future TE. Everyone seems to think we are already set at OG and there will be no LT that we can get in the 2nd round that will be worth it.

Not sure how to embed a video on here, but here's a nice link of some of his highlights from last season at Boise State.

I like him but I wouldnt mind trying to get someone like Robert Turbin a little bit later then using that 55 on OL. Dont get me wrong I love turner but I feel like at 7.5 mil on the books get rid of that for OL help and we could be good with Snelling, Quizz, and then someone like turbin who can be an everydown back. For someone to want to go to Utah State you have to think probably a high character type of player. Not to mention he looked really good in against auburn this year.

Edited by crashmitchell

I don't see us going after another project DE, this will not happen. I also don't see us grabbing an OG or OT with the 2nd round pick we can get OG help in the 3rd round if we do at all considering we have Johnson and Jackson. There will be no OT's with 2nd round pick that we can use for LT. So what does that leave us with? I could see us going DT if Jerel Worthy is left at our pick. Otherwise, I don't RB is too big of a stretch. Turner won't be around for much longer, 1-2 years maybe. Yes we have a lot of offensive weapons, but if TD really felt like we needed more help at CB or DT we would've seen more movement (and perhaps we still will) in FA.

I like him but I wouldnt mind trying to get someone like Robert Turbin a little bit later then using that 55 on OL. Dont get me wrong I love turner but I feel like at 7.5 mil on the books get rid of that for OL help and we could be good with Snelling, Quizz, and then someone like turbin who can be an everydown back. For someone to want to go to Utah State you have to think probably a high character type of player. Not to mention he looked really good in against auburn this year.

That would work too.

we should just fill the roster with 53 running backs. we would lead the league in rushing...

Turner won't be here much longer and then we have Snelling and Rodgers. Snelling is not our replacement for Turner, nor is Smith or Nance. I think we could easily go RB at 55 if not DT or maybe CB.