Who Is Your Draft Crush This Year?

I feel like every year I have a man crush on a DE in the draft and this year it is no different. I don't think we would take a DE with our first pick because we have so much mid level talent already i wouldn't want to have to release someone. I love what i see from Cam Johnson though. Watching him play he reminds me so much of Abe. Granted, he is bigger than Abe and not quite as fast, but as far as pass rush moves they look very similar. I always am really attracted (no homo) to the pass rushers who use their hands well. All of those guys below were great at that.

My last few man crushes have been

Robert Ayers - DE Tennesee

Brandon Graham - DE Michigan

Justin Houston - DE Georgia

Cam Johnson - DE Virginia

Edited by Clark Kent

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the season first ended and I started to look for my favorite prospect this year then I found Melvin Ingram DE/OLB,South Carolina but over the past few months he has shot up the draft board all the way into the first round,so I turned my attention to Coby Fleener TE,Stanford but with his unbelievable performance at Stanfords pro day he's looking like he could be the first TE of the board,then I went back to defense and found Vinny Curry DE/OLB,Marshall

for some much needed pass rush but if he get's picked before our pick comes up then I have 5 alternatives:

1.Trumaine Johnson CB/FS,Montana

2.Andre Branch DE/OLB,Clemson

3.Brandon Boykin CB/PR/KR,Georgia

4.Jared Crick DE/DT,Nebraska

5.Ladarius Green TE,Louisiana-Lafayette

Edited by DirtyBirdInThe610

Brandon Boykin

Jared Crick

Chandler Jones

David Molk

I'm also starting to grow a liking to Jake Bequette, especially after seeing his combine times (True explosive running backs typically have <7.0 3 cone drills, <1.5 10 yard split and a <4.2 short shuttle - Jake possesses at least two of them traits, with the 10 yard split number not being released yet).

Edited by Rai

I really want us to draft Alameda Ta'amu with our second rounder, and Ladarius Green with our third rounder.

A huge DT would improve the entire D-Line and allow us to run both 4-3 and 3-4 effectively, especially if we get Lofton back at a reasonable price. I'd be really happy if this was our front 7 next year:

4-3:

WLB: Weatherspoon

MLB: Tatupu or Lofton (Rotation)

SLB: Nicholas

DE: Edwards

DT: Peters

DT: Ta'amu or Babineaux

DE: Abraham

3-4:

OLB: Weatherspoon

ILB: Tatupu

ILB: Lofton

OLB: Beirmann or Sidbury

DE: Babineaux

NT: Ta'amu

DE: Peters

So my biggest mancrush out of the two is Ta'amu.

From all the players I've studyed that will be around our first pick down the one I am very impressed with and think he will be a very special player is S Harrison Smith from ND. I would love it if we could get him but there are so many more needs than a S. But I'm not sure that he want be the best player if he is still there at 55. As soon as we find out Monday if we get a Comp pick I'm hoping to make my one Mock but I think I'm going to make mine with a trade down because I think that will be what TD does this year because of all the talent that will be there in the 4th and 5rd rounds. I've got about 4 players I would love to have in those 2 rounds.

I'm also starting to grow a liking to Jake Bequette, especially after seeing his combine times (True explosive running backs typically have <7.0 3 cone drills, <1.5 10 yard split and a <4.2 short shuttle - Jake possesses at least two of them traits, with the 10 yard split number not being released yet).

This Jake Bequette?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68591&draftyear=2012&genpos=DE

Vel. I just now for the first time saw this post you just made. I too have decided that Bequette is the DE I'm going to put in my Mock I'm almost done with. But I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where he will go. Some have him going in the 5th round and some as high as the 2nd round. I've got to decide where I think he will go. I really do believe there will be a lot of people who see his potintial just like you and I have done. And his stock will rise. I'm almost done with my one and only full mock but now I've got to add the comp pick and I'll be posting it. I just feel like Jake may a better career than even Cam or Chandler . I changed after I watched a lot of tapes and He stands out for more than the two above him.

My favorites this draft year

OT Brandon Mosley, Matt McCants, Tom Compton

Cb Brandon Boykin, Trumaine Johnson, Ryan Steed, Coty Sensabaugh

Olb Nigel Bradham, Tank Carder

Te James Hannah, laderius Green

My draft

2nd rd Trumain Johnson

3rd rd Brandon Mosley

5th rd Tank Carder

6th rd James Hannah

7th rd some fast *** Wr

Well this seems to be like your semirealistic man crushes. For me my man crush is with Richardson and Blackmon, those 2 are special.

More realistic ones would be someone like Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, and David Wilson. Obviously there are a lot of quality backs out there this year and you can see from this that I'm not enamored by Turner's one dimension anymore.

But for real my favorite pick for the Falcons this year is going to be between Ta'amu or Trumaine Johnson. If we can land either of those guys in the 2nd round I think we've done a great thing for the versatility of our defense. Harrison Smith is someone who is just too much of a reach to list for me at this point, he's going to make a great pro and he'd be a massive upgrade over Decoud imo, but just going to keep dreaming on that one prolly. Smith and Moore back there would be a great set of Safeties to play with.

I have a few in different categories, mostly being seperated between if we picked the player with a high pick or a low pick.

QB: High: Kirk Cousins, Low: Aaron Corp

RB: High: Chris Polk, Low: Darrell Scott

TE: High: Dwayne Allen, Low: David Paulson

DE: Low: Cordarro Law

LB: Low: Tank Carder

CB: Low: Omar Bolden

S: High: Harrison Smith, Low: Brandon Hardin, Neiko Thorpe

If I could get any player in this draft for our team as it stands...A player that I think would put us at the top would be Trent Richardson RB from Ala. Yeap! I know some would laugh at this pick.... But come back after the end of 2012 and lets talk.. This guy is one of the most gifted players at his position I've ever seen , if he stays healthy and get on a fair team he will have a lot of yards and TDs and win O# player Rookie of the year..i